Widgets Magazine
Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1795

Thread: BancFirst Tower

1. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    They knocked that completely out of the park. What a great renovation.

I'm curious about the lighting, are those lights that are set between the ceiling tiles LED strips by any chance? Looks too small a form factor for it to be fluorescent tubes.
    They are actually surface mount LEDs that fit in the channel between the tiles. Very cool. If you want to see them up close, go down in the concourse - they used them extensively down there.

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Home Depot has leds pretty cheap. When I got mine they had special pricing in place because of an OG&E program.
    I did my whole house at once.
    Yeah I did it for mine and my grandparents house. It’s well worth it. The only LEDs that are expensive are the dimmable one or the “smart” LEDS which can change color and connect to WIFI. Otherwise you can get them pretty cheap now and get your money back within 2-3 months easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    IMO, just rip the bandaid off and remove every light that isn’t LED and convert. Your next electric bill will shock you.
    I had 6 four foot fluorescent lights in my garage. For less than $100, I replaced the bulbs with LED. What a difference it made. I also replaced every single incandescent light in the house and my bill practically decreased by half.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    They are actually surface mount LEDs that fit in the channel between the tiles. Very cool. If you want to see them up close, go down in the concourse - they used them extensively down there.
    That does sound pretty cool. I will try to remember to look the next time I am walking around downtown.

You can see they have started to replace the windows on the top floors occupied by the Petroleum Club.

The very top level -- where they have not converted the mullions -- will be covered by the new crown. I don't believe they'll do any part of the crown until the windows are replaced on all 4 sides.

They are supposed to work on the east & west sides simultanaeously, so that is good.

With spring approaching, their days of being able to replace windows in safe (no wind) conditions is going to become more rare.

In hindsight, they probably should have left the north to be done in the warmer season and the south be done during winter. But oh well, I am sure they are in no rush.

8. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

I think it's a matter of safety. Replace the north while the north plaza is under construction so you don't have anyone not in a hard hat walking under your work. Then do the south while the south plaza is under construction. Then the east and west with the temporary platforms can be done without disrupting too much traffic in and out of the building.

^

Also, the north was the easiest side because they have that huge deck for staging.

As we know, they tried to erect scaffolding on the south side, and winds blew it away within weeks.

Then, they decided to build temporary decks on both the east and west sides because they determined the scaffolding approach wouldn't work.

In an interview with the Oklahoman, the BancFirst CEO said they have learned a lot concerning the glass replacement and it should go faster from here on out. He said they hoped to have the entire project finished by the end of 2022; the south entrance and plaza should be done by this summer.

10. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In an interview with the Oklahoman, the BancFirst CEO said
    See, Steve, that's how you give someone credit for their original reporting. You should try it some time.

11. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

End of 2022? Why so long? It's like 9 months per side!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    End of 2022? Why so long? It's like 9 months per side!
    +1

We all want to see this project finished ASAP. Can't wait to see the finished project and its' impact on the Oklahoma City Skyline at night.

They are staging equipment to start the east side glass next. I noticed the people lifts are on the east side platform this morning

East side will be nice for visibility from I-235.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    They are staging equipment to start the east side glass next. I noticed the people lifts are on the east side platform this morning
    I thought I read somewhere that both east and west sides were to be done simultaneously ? Hope that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that both east and west sides were to be done simultaneously ? Hope that happens.
    Yes, that it what I read in Steve's article last week.

Blog Entries

The entire tower facade is being redone with 7,936 panes of glass. Glass replacement is nearly complete on the north side. Next will be the east and west sides, which will be worked on simultaneously, followed by the south side.
    Oklahoman, Steve Lackmeyer, January 16, 2021

BancFirst making move to new downtown tower: https://oklahoman.com/article/568042...downtown-tower

Hard to tell here but they've started on the west side windows. Couldn't see any evidence of them working on the east side yet.

Blog Entries

Hadn't been by at night to see the blue lighting effects in the plaza, it's a nice touch.

Blog Entries

There was a ULI tour last night. I know there were others there. They're done (to 35) with N/S and will be starting E/W soon.

Was interesting hearing some of the back story.

Some of the new stuff has already been damaged due to pipe bursts during the cold spell, but repairs are underway.

Bathrooms only got "refreshed", no major changes, possibly in a future year.

Everybody will be out of the old building (and their airport ops center) by July. They will be selling their old building and already have an interested party.

They had to go in on a deal for additional surface parking because the garage was not enough for their ~450 people.

I'm forgetting a lot. Others in attendance please chime in.

^

The additional surface parking is where they plan to build a new garage on what was city property just east of the RR tracks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

The additional surface parking is where they plan to build a new garage on what was city property just east of the RR tracks.
    not disagreeing but they didn't give any indication of that happening any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    not disagreeing but they didn't give any indication of that happening any time soon
    Yes, there hasn't been any recent movement. I suspect they'll just use the surface lot for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    There was a ULI tour last night. I know there were others there. They're done (to 35) with N/S and will be starting E/W soon.

Was interesting hearing some of the back story.

Some of the new stuff has already been damaged due to pipe bursts during the cold spell, but repairs are underway.

Bathrooms only got "refreshed", no major changes, possibly in a future year.

Everybody will be out of the old building (and their airport ops center) by July. They will be selling their old building and already have an interested party.

They had to go in on a deal for additional surface parking because the garage was not enough for their ~450 people.

I'm forgetting a lot. Others in attendance please chime in.
    What is ULI?

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    What is ULI?
    Urban Land Institute. It’s membership based and they do awards/tours.

Thread Information