Widgets Magazine
Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1790

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    so finished with this face in December?

Perhaps they can repurpose some of the workers now in the lobby to the other face to expedite, otherwise we're looking at the entire next year into next December to finish the reskin. <shrug>
    Still faster than Devon replacing a handful of windows...

January of 2022 is the expected completion of the glass up to floor 35, when they finish the north side they will move on to the east side, then west, then south. 36 and the crown will be completed separately

3. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

so I was right (sans 36 and the crown).

perhaps this lends hope that the height of the overall building structure will be raised a bit; let's beat 515'.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

They have started to intstall pavers on the southeast corner of the plaza (first photo).

Also, they've uncovered the light pyramids. The one on the north will provide direct access to the underground; the other two will serve as light wells.

Wow...so much to take in. As I have said before, when this is completed, a visitor not knowing the history of this building will think it is new construction. BancFirst has planned an amazing transformation!

Those pyramids will be lit at night and make a great impact at street level, as will all those massive planters and other improvements to that ridiculously large plaza.

Reminder of the finished product:

If they are working to finish out the plaza, I hope this means the sidewalk and blocked lane of traffic will be opened back up soon. It's a great project, but it and the First National construction across the way really make for a painful pedestrian experience on that block.

I appreciate them improving the plaza, but it's still so much wasted space in the middle of the downtown... I would have rather seen new construction built around it. How cool would it be if a mixed use development wrapped around the building. It could make the location a lot more appealing, especially if some great restaurants or bars ended up in the retail.

That plaza is the windest place in all of OKC, and that's saying something.

I go down there a lot for photography (obviously) and I've been almost blown off my feet more than once. It's why the scaffolding on the south side of the building only lasted a couple of weeks before they had to come up with another method of construction.

The plaza will be rarely used other than by smokers but it will at least look a lot better.

You'd think with the past month of mild weather and very little moisture they would be killing it on the glass install ?

^

I went by Sunday and there had been no additional windows installed since the previous Sunday.

However, they are kicking arse on the lobby and plaza. I bet they largely finish both before the end of the year.

Thanks Pete !

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    Wow...so much to take in. As I have said before, when this is completed, a visitor not knowing the history of this building will think it is new construction. BancFirst has planned an amazing transformation!
    I agree, this is going to look great when finished. The reflections off the new glass is nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69030EA3-37AC-47E3-9A85-2397D04BA17E.jpeg 
Views:	255 
Size:	808.0 KB 
ID:	16538

This was long before my time but what a cool throwback picture.

16. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

for some reason, the skyline seemed bigger then. . at least in that pic, the skyscrapers look like skyscrapers - dominating the landscape. For whatever reason they don't look as tall today.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

^^ I think that is largely due to the visual command Devon Tower has over the skyline. It's not only tall but extremely wide and somewhat out of proportion when compared to the surrounding buildings. What I think is cool about this pic is the lighting at the top of BF tower (whatever it was called then). Going off the building plans, it sounds like the lighting in the crown may slightly resemble the pic above. Coming around full circle in a way.

great progress with the plaza

They are really moving inside the lobby as well.

I bet they are done with the plaza and most the lobby in the next few months.

Really impressive how fast they are going. The glass is just going to take time.

It looks like one of panes on the middle dome/lightwell is broken, I assume from ice. I believe the lobby has two panes broken as well on that west side. My view is from first national

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are really moving inside the lobby as well.

I bet they are done with the plaza and most the lobby in the next few months.

Really impressive how fast they are going. The glass is just going to take time.
    I’ve heard they expect to have lobby done by this January and then move to completing the south lobby which won’t take very long.

I believe petro deli and hot tamale will be able to move into their new locations once lobby is complete in January. I assume that means the basement lobby is also complete by January as well

I’m not sure how feasible this would be but it would be pretty cool to see some old English ivy draping from the top of the Santa Fe parking garage. It would give a cool old time feel to contrast this area.

Thread Information