Widgets Magazine
Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Default Re: BancFirst Tower

I agree, the upkeep of Devon Tower has been poor as of late. Shouldn't take that long too replace some broken windows. Moreover...if the side LED are not working, just leave them off until they are fixed.

The botched LEDs I think are nearly impossible to service, we will probably only see the twinkle effect for now on. Maybe an occasional specialty trying to spell things out (The last thing I remember them spelling was RUSS MVP).

With the current state of $ for E&P corporations - don't expect anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    The botched LEDs I think are nearly impossible to service, we will probably only see the twinkle effect for now on. Maybe an occasional specialty trying to spell things out (The last thing I remember them spelling was RUSS MVP).

With the current state of $ for E&P corporations - don't expect anything...
    Does Devon currently have their empty space up for lease to outside firms? Or are they just letting it sit empty with no money coming in?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Does Devon currently have their empty space up for lease to outside firms? Or are they just letting it sit empty with no money coming in?
    My understanding is they now have 13 floors completely vacant.

They have not been trying to lease the excess space. The entire building is set up for a single tenant so they would have to do major surgery on the ground floor regarding security and other things.

Perhaps if they continue to contract they'll see the benefit of trying to convert to multi-tenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My understanding is they now have 13 floors completely vacant.

They have not been trying to lease the excess space. The entire building is set up for a single tenant so they would have to do major surgery on the ground floor regarding security and other things.

Perhaps if they continue to contract they'll see the benefit of trying to convert to multi-tenant.
    i have been told they have no plans to ever lease any of their tower office space ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i have been told they have no plans to ever lease any of their tower office space ..
    Seems like a solid financial plan!

7. Default Re: BancFirst Tower

Well what does it cost them? They own the building so its not like they're paying rent. Sudder the floors so you keep hvac to a minimal to prevent pipe freezes or overheating and it doesn't really cost you anything.

If they turned into a landlord, then they would have to deal with a myriad of other problems that go along with being responsible for someone else's space.

If they also didn't own the building, you'd be seeing a very different story, but the building would have also been designed differently. That's one shortcoming of designers when they build something like a skyscraper for a single tenant. That tenant only sees today and doesn't see to the future so they dont plan it out properly with bathroom placement or elevator man traps. Then you've got HVAC for server rooms for the tenants (plus the accompanying electrical). Im sure Devon has network closets on each floor, but are they big enough to serve as a company's whole server space?

Based on the floor plans i saw when they built the thing, it doesn't seem like adding elevator man traps on each floor would be awful, it would just be VERY expensive since it would be 50 floors of them. Remember, you're not just putting them on these 13 floors to keep tenants out of each other's space, but all Devon floors to keep non-Devoners out too. So balance the cost of putting those in against what you get in the lease income. Is it worth the initial investment? What's the ROI on it? And do you really want to be a landlord?

If they wanted to be a landlord, they would probably have to build some walls within the elevator core so that you essentially split it in half and you have two security checkpoints. Only half of the elevators would go up to Devon floors. Its probably not worth the hassle yet. Man traps would probably not be practical yet, im not even sure if splitting the core in two is practical.

Sorry to keep sidetracking, but couldn't you just reprogram certain elevators to only go to certain floors or put badge readers in the elevators? Seems like a much cheaper solution...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Sorry to keep sidetracking, but couldn't you just reprogram certain elevators to only go to certain floors or put badge readers in the elevators? Seems like a much cheaper solution...
    also of note is that if the origional floors designs were still in effect the buidling would have a lot fewer empty floors

(for those that don't know when devon was first built devon had employees in about 5 buildings down town ) even after the tower opened they were in it and 1 other building then had to again move into a third .. so they at quite a bit of expense redid a ton of thier floors to be able to hold more employees and have less offices which allowed them to move everyone back in one building)

I thought Hines owned the Devon Tower?

Blog Entries

I'm confused... is this the Devon Tower thread or the BancFirst Tower thread? All the new posts are griping about Devon instead of remarking about BancFirst.

How are employees getting into BancFirst during the construction? Did they place a temporary wall to keep the elevators enclosed?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    How are employees getting into BancFirst during the construction? Did they place a temporary wall to keep the elevators enclosed?
    There is a protected entrance on the south side, facing Main.

It's a covered and enclosed walkway that leads to the elevators.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    hines doesn't own devon or the new Bok building

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    hines doesn't own devon or the new Bok building
    Or the BANCFIRST Tower.

This project is fascinating to watch unfold.

You can see they have built the sill for the new curtain wall glass that will enclose the lobby; it is slightly inside the large columns.

Per the last picture, looks like they are starting on the mullions & some glass has been delivered.

^

Those 2 mullions have been up from almost the beginning.

I believe they have used them as some sort of test.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Devon has always owned it

Is there an expected completion date for the pavilion and new glass?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Is there an expected completion date for the pavilion and new glass?
    I know they want to get the lobby relatively completed first, so perhaps by the end of the year.

Not sure about the plaza.

As it looks like there isn't a public entrance, I am assuming the building is completely vacant?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    As it looks like there isn't a public entrance, I am assuming the building is completely vacant?
    The building is still being used as normal, minus the bottom floor and basement areas under construction.

The wooden pathway on the south end is the public access point. Inside there is front desk and elevator banks.

Thread Information