Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141560 ... LastLast

Thread: BancFirst Tower

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

No wonder we're working so hard on the parking garage district. It's every pedestrians dream to be flanked by garages...

Blog Entries

I've learned that Mr. Cotter has passed away recently and so the building will have to change hands, which is not to say anything will be managed differently.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I've learned that Mr. Cotter has passed away recently and so the building will have to change hands, which is not to say anything will be managed differently.

It's been Cotter and Sons for some time now.

He has 3 sons who have probably been doing the large majority of running that business for quite some time; all are based in San Antonio.

I doubt much will change here. Unfortunately.

BTW, James Sr. bought a $3.2 million house that backs up to Lake Arcadia in 2012.

Never heard much about him so no idea if he actually spent any / much time there.

I may be mistaken, but I think the building is for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I think the building is for sale.
    Oh please, oh please, oh please...

I'll check into this.

I am not sure it could get much worse than it has been under Mr. Cotter. Any change in management will be an improvement.

I really want to see the building lit up again.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I am not sure it could get much worse than it has been under Mr. Cotter. Any change in management will be an improvement.

I really want to see the building lit up again.
    If a building not being lit up at night is the sign of bad management, then good management is very, very, very hard to find....Not seeing that as a sign of building management as a whole.

10. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

I rode up the elevator there last week to the petroleum club, and thought it might fall down halfway. Lotts of work to do.

So this little discussion has shaken free some new info...

It seems the 3 brothers are fighting with Cotter's widow (their mother) and the bank that holds the mortgage is threatening to intercede.

There are interested parties hoping for that so they have a shot at buying.

Blog Entries

Sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    If a building not being lit up at night is the sign of bad management, then good management is very, very, very hard to find....Not seeing that as a sign of building management as a whole.
    It's general lack of upkeep. In terms of the lighting, the building was lit not all that long ago but the lighting slowly went out and was never repaired. It's all indicative of ownership that is only interested in doing the bare minimum in terms of maintaining the building. I agree with sooner88 that the elevator is in bad shape.

^

Especially since they went to the trouble to fix and turn on the lights, only have to go out again and stay off.

15. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

The building management (not the owner) has changed I believe 3 times since Mr Cotter passed away. Been a bit of a nuisance as a tenant and each one seems to have gotten worse. The elevators are just one issue, but there's lots of little maintenance issues all through the building that I'd love to see fixed to improve the building. It would also be great if the windows got washed for once and the landscaping was improved in addition to the lighting.

My understanding is that Mrs. Cotter and the sons are fueding, to the point there has been legal action (or threat thereof) to keep the sons out of the building.

I also understand the bank that holds the mortgage is worried about the property and are starting to position themselves as well.

Things there are likely to get worse before they get better.

17. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

There is a probate fight ongoing among the sons and the relatively new wife now widow. As tenants, we were very afraid that the maintenance would further deteriorate. Recently, CBRE was brought into manage the building and they are already starting to remedy some of the deferred maintenance issues. The long time broken doors have been fixed and the common areas seem a bit cleaner. Still a lot to be done, but some improvement is better than the past.

Now if we can just get rid of the political photos and hideous faux Chinese planters in the lobby....

^

Thanks for the info.

My understanding is that Cotter's widow is living in the mansion next to Lake Arcadia.

The timing of his death, this thread revival, and the NewsOK article coming out is pretty interesting...

Blog Entries

He died in January according to that article. I heard about his death at a downtown meeting on Wednesday and so posted it. I'm sure those much more in the know about things downtown were aware of his death for months.

He died in January according to that article. I heard about his death at a downtown meeting on Wednesday and so posted it. I'm sure those much more in the know about things downtown were aware of his death for months.
    This

Also this property has been in play for a potential sale even before his death

22. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

^^^^^^
    Yes.

I office in the building. I noticed this week that our security "cowboys" are now dressed in traditional, tasteful security uniforms, sans cowboy hats. Baby steps.

24. Default Re: Cotter Ranch Tower

The lights in the plaza on the flags have also been repaired. One had been broken out for years.

Thread Information