Quote Originally Posted by Nawfside OKC View Post
hey what's up ya'll.I saw the news earlier but I couldn't post because I was at work. I wanna just say JESUSSSSSS.....925 feet. I was kinda getting tired of hearing the word "iconic" but that's really the only way to describe it and to think we well soon trump Dallas skyline ( in height). jbrown your were right on the est. also,we should not rub this in Tulsa's face because this building and our momentum is far bigger than our silly OKC-T town rivaly. we need bigger fish now. Houston and Chicago yall want some of this ? Way to go Oklahoma City..

I agree Nawfside, let's even stop referring to Tulsa or even mentioning them. I honestly don't know why people see the need. OKC is clearly in a different level and always has been.

that's no offense to Tulsa, they have a great middle sized city. And a wonderful skyline considering the population.

Other than that, who cares - OKC I-S and always W-A-S Oklahoma. That's the way it should be. So why keep egging them on. Let's make an agreement not to mention Tulsa with oKC's development.

Focus on the positives.

As for egging Chicago - hey, OKC will NEVER hold a candle to the top tier I city in the nation (along with NY and LA). come on now.

Houston is a solid top tier II, OKC is just now making it into tier II.

I think we should focus on KC, Indy, and maybe Denver for trumps (since OKC's tower will be taller and they are closer tier II cities). I know you were probably joking, but sometimes you never can tell and somebody might get the wrong idea.

We might get Chicago-like, once the downtown plan is implemented and we get quite a few more skyscrapers - but in sheer numbers/density/height and overall height; nobody will ever come close to Chi. Do you realize chicago is building a 2000 foot skyscraper right now; known as Chicago Spire, and they are topping off a 1350 foot skyscraper known as Trump tower Chicago even as we speak. And they ahve another 1000 footer under construction but on hold (waterview tower); and countless other towers about the same height as Devon u/c and planned.

Chicago itself is going through a wonderful renaissance and EVERYTHING they're building is close to or taller than Devon in height.

Chicago will always dominate America, when it comes to business and skyscrapers! No question.

We can certainly follow Chicago's lead! be a mini-Chicago of the south. I see that is where OKC is headed actually!