Widgets Magazine
Page 467 of 485 FirstFirst ... 367417462463464465466467468469470471472 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,675 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Blog Entries

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Do you install these replacement windows from the inside or the outside using a reputable company with a lift?

I think I have read recently that Devon Energy does not own the Devon Tower. If I am correct, then how heavily is Devon involved in the management of the building? This is an innocent question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think I have read recently that Devon Energy does not own the Devon Tower. If I am correct, then how heavily is Devon involved in the management of the building? This is an innocent question.
    Devon Energy does own Devon Tower. Its the Bank of Oklahoma building across the street they don't own.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Devon Energy does own Devon Tower. Its the Bank of Oklahoma building across the street they don't own.
    i think they own both

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i think they own both
    Hines Interests, L.P. out of Houston owns BOK Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Hines Interests, L.P. out of Houston owns BOK Tower.
    Haines is the Maintenance company that operates both BOK and the main tower.

So... they’re just not replacing all the broken windows? It looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The windows are all custom made by the manufacturer. It takes a significant amount of time to get replacements made and installed.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    The windows are all custom made by the manufacturer. It takes a significant amount of time to get replacements made and installed.
    I didn't realize the window washer incident was only a little over 4 months ago. I thought it has been a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The public sidewalk has been closed for months.

It was just announced that Devon's Saturdays with Santa -- part of the Downtown in December series of events -- is moving to the Myriad Gardens this year.

I suspect it's due to the on-going issues with Devon Energy Center and the fact the outside and sidewalk are still fenced off.

Been following the oil prices thread and it got me wondering - what's the occupancy rate (percentage and number of personnel) of the Devon tower now, with all the layoffs they've had over the past year or so, anybody know off the top of your head?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Been following the oil prices thread and it got me wondering - what's the occupancy rate (percentage and number of personnel) of the Devon tower now, with all the layoffs they've had over the past year or so, anybody know off the top of your head?
    I know at least 10 floors are completely vacant and that most the others are not near capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Been following the oil prices thread and it got me wondering - what's the occupancy rate (percentage and number of personnel) of the Devon tower now, with all the layoffs
    they've had over the past year or so, anybody know off the top of your head?
    I've heard that nearly 1/3 of the tower is empty and several floors (Probably the 10 empty ones Pete mentioned) are locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It was just announced that Devon's Saturdays with Santa -- part of the Downtown in December series of events -- is moving to the Myriad Gardens this year.

I suspect it's due to the on-going issues with Devon Energy Center and the fact the outside and sidewalk are still fenced off.
    Based on your experience is it plausible that this a a reasonable amount of time to replace these windows?

No idea. I know they had to be custom ordered and I’m sure that is the hold-up.

Its probably difficult for companies that manufacture cladding to squeeze in small projects like this when their in the process of mass producing cladding for bigger jobs.

In case you haven't noticed, Devon has done almost no Christmas decorations this year.

That is no doubt partly due to the on-going damaged windows and the related fenced-off area in front of the building.

But the lawn is not fenced off and there is no giant half-ornament. No giant ornaments at the Colcord either (which Devon owns) and no light-wrapped trees anywhere on the Devon property and those at the Colcord no longer have every branch wrapped. In fact, even those huge glass ribbons and pinecones typically hung in the rotunda/atrium have not been installed. (Last 2 photos are from 2017; first two are from this weekend.)

No doubt this is at least partly a cost-cutting move.

19. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

I dont expect oil prices to magically jump to 150 a barrel or anything (Lord i hope not) so how long do you think they wait before they lease out the space? Seems like we've seen this before in Oklahoma....oh yeah, the Williams Center in Tulsa.

They have a lot of empty floors but the whole building is setup for a single tenant. No easy way to change the entire security on the ground floor and a ton of other things.

I suspect they'll just live with the vacancy for at least a while longer, but I bet that building is at least 1/3 empty now.

I really miss the ornaments at the colcord.. those were really classy and top notch. the others i enjoyed as well but always thought colcord was stunning at christmas. I did notice one of the giant pinecones in the lobby of the BOK building. I had only seen them before at elevator landings in Devon.

I agree about the ornaments at the Colcord; super classy looking and on that very highly visible corner. Hope they soon make a comeback.

They did put one ornament up and wrap the trees at BOK:

Just speculation, but in the grand scheme of things, I imagine the man-hours needed to install the lights and decorations would only run in the thousands...seems to be a drop considering I'm used to hearing the name Devon and billions in the same breath.

Easily tens of thousands.

A friend this year paid a company to wrap the trunks of two trees and line the roofline of his house with lights. That was a grand right there and it wasn't 1/1,000th of what Devon does, which involves multiple cranes and interior lifts over the course of a couple of weeks.

I also noticed that SandRidge does almost nothing to their huge plaza and of course Chesapeake does a tiny fraction of their heyday.

Continental is the only local big oil company that is doing well but they've never done any decorations for the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    Just speculation, but in the grand scheme of things, I imagine the man-hours needed to install the lights and decorations would only run in the thousands...seems to be a drop considering I'm used to hearing the name Devon and billions in the same breath.
    Devon is still a company in the billions but its small b now not big B. They have sold off a lot of assets in the past 24 months. On the plus side they have one of the strongest balance sheets in the E&P space.

Thread Information