Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 485 FirstFirst ... 23456789101156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower

The building is to be started in late 2009 with an approximate 2-2.5 year construction phase. It is set to be occupied 100% by Devon by/in 2012.

2. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfever View Post
    Just got everything updated on Emporis.
    I don't see anything new. Do you mean on our OKC page or is there a message board?

Larry Nichols: We didn’t just wnat to build a big corporate highrise that was highly secured and wasn’t embracing the city.
    Sound like Kerr-McGee to anyone?

I'm very anxious to see street-level renderings that show all the other elements and how it will tie into the Gardens.

I wonder if that will come after the Devon meeting with employees later today.

4. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It won't be BOK, after they got caught up in the Semron debacle. They also are exposed to bad mortgage debt. Tulsa's still trying to build a minor league baseball stadium in their downtown. Sad.
    Yeah. They copy everything off of us, but they are 15 years behind on everything.

Do we know who the contractor is yet??

I imagine once principal engineering is done, there will be an RFP process for contractors.

That may not happen for many months, as they have much work to do with design and plans.

I was worried the tower wasn't going to "fit-in" with our skyline. I couldn't have been more wrong, this building forms a skyline of its own!!! Can you imagine how this will look from various parts of the city...NW expwy for example. Wow!!Congratulations to Devon for a great design.

So, is this atrium going to be mall-like?

I think the atrium will be more of a public space with a couple of restaurants. I doubt there will be much retail other than a few small shops that will serve the employees.

I wonder if this complex will include a health club?

I find this part very rude:

"Larry Nichols wants to double the size of the west City Center garage from five to 10 stories. Make it exclusively for Devon employees"

1) He does realize that its a city garage....

2) He's announcing this at the library...and all the library employees currently part there.

11. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by westsidesooner View Post
    I was worried the tower wasn't going to "fit-in" with our skyline. I couldn't have been more wrong, this building forms a skyline of its own!!! Can you imagine how this will look from various parts of the city...NW expwy for example. Wow!!Congratulations to Devon for a great design.
    Something I was thinking about, how far away from OKC will this be seen. Should be like a beacon for OKC.

I think it may be Devon is planning to just take over the west part of that garage and the rest will still be available to others.

If there is the demand, perhaps the east structure can be expanded as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    I think it may be Devon is planning to just take over the west part of that garage and the rest will still be available to others.

If there is the demand, perhaps the east structure can be expanded as well.
    The west side of the garage is already almost full - I don't find that very fair. If Devon needs 10 floors, they need to build 10 floors on top of the existing 5.

I just saw the model hehee 48 stories. 4 yrs to build

Wonder if this beacon will have lights that shoot up in the air like this...

Devon is only taking over the west garage. The east garage will be left for public parking. Only the west garage can be expanded. It was originally constructed so that it could be expanded to a total of 10 floors. It can only be 10 floors due to original design. The east garage is already at its maximum height. Even if Devon does take over the west garage and use it for employees only, there will be ample space in other garages around the area as Devon employees vacate those spaces. The west side is not really almost full, the top 2 floors are barely used.

As for this being a city garage, it is no longer a city garage as the city approved the Devon proposal. In this proposal, Devon is buying the west garage from the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    Devon is only taking over the west garage. The east garage will be left for public parking. Only the west garage can be expanded. It was originally constructed so that it could be expanded to a total of 10 floors. It can only be 10 floors due to original design. The east garage is already at its maximum height. Even if Devon does take over the west garage and use it for employees only, there will be ample space in other garages around the area as Devon employees vacate those spaces. The west side is not really almost full, the top 2 floors are barely used.
    Uhh that sounds great, but again - you have to realize that the West side is almost full ... with people who helped pay for the garage with their tax dollars. Basically you are saying that its ok for other people in the area to have to walk several blocks to where devon employees USED to be, but devon employees will get to park as close as possible to their building.

I see what you are saying. Are there any proposals to build other garages in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    I see what you are saying. Are there any proposals to build other garages in the area?
    None that I know of - to me the thing that would have made more sense (but apparently Larry Nichols can just buy out the city) is for Devon to have built parking into their building as the BOA building in Tulsa...to me the parking paid for by taxpayers shouldn't be for sale unless their is going to be something built to replace it...

20. Default Re: Devon Tower

I just returned home from the meeting and am working on my pics and story now ... I got lucky and sat next to Steve (and even got a press package with a CD including renderings!). My lucky day!

After the presentation by Devon, Mr. Nichols asked the Urban Renewal Board if they had any questions. L .... o ...... o ..... n...... g silence. Everyone was absolutely stunned ... the audience began laughing when the board people were speechless! It was a heck of a way to spend the morning!

I'll have some pics for you in a bit.

A big part of this that is still unknown is the financial deal Devon made with OKC for the land and garage.

I imagine Nichols was more than fair here, given his civic priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdavies View Post
    I just saw the model hehee 48 stories. 4 yrs to build
    Uhhh? Where are you coming up with 48 stories? It clearly says 54 stories.

Can't wait to see some higher reslolution renderings!

Especially that 8 story atrium area... I'm really interested what that's going to be. Also how it connects with the Myriad Gardens.

even got a press package with a CD including renderings
    Hurry, Doug, hurry!!

25. Default Re: Devon Tower

There will have to be a lot of shifting of parking. People near the current Devon tower will move into the space in Santa Fe that they currently occupy, and then people in First National, perhaps, will move into the newly free space, and so on until it opens up space in the County garage that is just a block north of the Library.

Thread Information