Start Date: 10/1/09
    Finish Date: Fall 2012
    Contractor: Hines
    Height in Feet / Floors: 844 / 50
    Sq. Feet: 1,900,000
    Acerage:
    Other Features: 10 story attahced parking garage

Information & Latest News

Devon Energy Center consists of Devon Tower, the rotunda, the garden wing, an auditorium, a park, and a 10-story attached parking garage with a health club. It's also directly connected to the Colcord Hotel, which is also owned by Devon.
    Tenants

• Devon Energy
    • Vast
    • Nebu
    • Aravalli
    • The Well health center

Milestones

• October 1, 2009: Ground breaking
    • March 2012: First workers moved in; Nebu restaurant opens
    • October 1, 2012: Vast Restaurant opens
    • Fall 2012: construction complete

Links

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon2.jpg 
Views:	865 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	1365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon3.jpg 
Views:	824 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	1351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon4.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	1350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon5.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	1349   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon6.jpg 
Views:	842 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	1348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon8.jpg 
Views:	924 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	1543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon7.jpg 
Views:	891 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	1542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon9.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	1544  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	devon10.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	1545  
    Last edited by Pete; 02-08-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Default Re: Devon Tower

Steve, you dirty, dirty tease (British accent).

Looking forward to hitting up okccentral.com tomorrow morning at 9:30A.

3. Default Re: Devon Tower

Yeah, I'll bet he'll be uploading to his blog from the Library, that wiley wascal!

Of course, if you want the weally great images, you know where to find them!

4. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Of course, if you want the weally great images, you know where to find them!
    NewsOK?

5. Default Re: Devon Tower

Hey Doug, don't count out the "old media" just yet.... btw: you know they're doing the presentation at the Civic Center Music Hall, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttt tttt???? Starts at 11 a.m., not 9:30 .....

6. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Hey Doug, don't count out the "old media" just yet.... btw: you know they're doing the presentation at the Civic Center Music Hall, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttt tttt???? Starts at 11 a.m., not 9:30 .....

NOT! Just an old media trick!

I've got a few tricks of my own!

How am I supposed to sleep tonight?

Steve and Doug:

What is this cryptic stuff all about?

It feels like Christmas Eve!

Looking forward to checking your blog tomorrow, Steve.

10. Default Re: Devon Tower

Quote Originally Posted by autoMATTic View Post
    Steve and Doug:

What is this cryptic stuff all about?
    Just playin' and having fun on the eve of the wonderful day to come, that's all.

11. Default Re: Devon Tower

The poll at okc central is over now - and almost 50 percent predict the tower will be 45 to 55 stories high. I say these folks are a pretty savy bunch....

Steve...thanks for the heads up. Very cool. Is the information embargo on the renderings going to be over after 11am??

www.unitedstatesofmichael.com

woops, answered my own question by reading your blog - 9:30 then!

55 stories huh. Lets see, the Bank of America building in Atlanta is 55 stories and is 1023'. Could an 800' tower be possible? I guess we will know in about 12 hours.

Bank of America Plaza, Atlanta / Emporis.com

almost 50 percent predict the tower will be 45 to 55 stories high. I say these folks are a pretty savy bunch....
    Just as I had expected and heard!

I hope this means everything else I have heard is true as well. If so, this is all going to be very exciting.

16. Default Re: Devon Tower

What if they announce the building will have 100 floors with nonstop water flowing down on all sides from top to bottom?

From The Oklahoman:

Wed August 20, 2008
    CEO says new tower design not traditional
    Related Information

A page dedicated to the business of energy in the state of Oklahoma.
    What to Expect
    The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority is set to hear a presentation for the proposed Devon Energy tower and then could vote to name the company developer of city-owned land along Sheridan Avenue across from the Myriad Gardens. The presentation will begin at 9:30 a.m. and will include renderings and a model of the project.

Oklahoman Business Writer Steve Lackmeyer will provide live coverage of the design presentation and will post renderings first on his blog at OKC Central — All about downtown OKC.

Online at NewsOK.com
    Advance unveiling of Devon tower plans at today's Urban Renewal meeting.

"It's the most anticipated announcement in the last couple of decades.”
    Brett Hamm

"What has been fun is that the design we ended up with was not everyone's first choice at all,” Nichols said in an interview with The Oklahoman. "Some of the more traditional designs people were naturally attracted to as opposed to the shape we ended up with.”

Nichols, chairman and chief executive officer of Devon, admitted he's just as excited about seeing public reaction to the tower designs as the public is about seeing them. Nichols first announced plans to build a new downtown corporate headquarters in March and predicted the building will be at least 37 stories high and would cost more than $350 million. Construction could begin by late 2009.

Details being kept secret
    Nichols isn't changing his predictions, but he's keeping further specifics secret until they are unveiled at 9:30 a.m. today at the board meeting of the Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority. The meeting was relocated from Urban Renewal's offices to the auditorium of the Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library to accommodate an expected crowd of dignitaries and the simply curious wanting to get a first look.

"It's the most anticipated announcement in the last couple of decades,” said Brett Hamm, president of Downtown Oklahoma City Inc. "We haven't seen a corporate tower built downtown for some time and this is a significant symbol of growth for Oklahoma City.”

Several ideas studied
    The presentation is set to be led by Dallas developer Gerald Hines and Connecticut architects William Chilton and Jon Pickard.

Nichols said he was intrigued by the design process, where engineers, space planners and architects picked apart about eight different design concepts. Heating and air experts looked at how different building shapes either repelled or attracted heat or cold and at which ones might be most energy efficient, for example. Other experts focused on how the building designs might stand up to Oklahoma wind, while another team looked how to create a safe workplace.

Nichols said many of the design experts didn't care about the building's exterior. Yet, "they all ended up with the same building,” Nichols said. "And it is not a traditional design.”

An evolving downtown
    Nichols hinted the building may not be a simple, rectangular box as is prevalent with most of the high-rises built downtown the past 40 years. He said the interior designers find a rectangular design with long straight hallways an easy task for office layouts.

"When they studied the design we ended up with, they discovered it was just as efficient, in terms of using the greatest number of net feet as the traditional design,” Nichols said. "So it was quite fun.”

Nichols is curious about how downtown might evolve with the new tower — and he's realized after looking at cities like Charlotte, N.C., that a "new, interesting building” didn't just change the skyline, but made its downtown a more exciting place to work.

"The trend we have going on here ... where we are doing things outside of our historic mold — getting an NBA team here, all the success we have had with Bricktown — this city has been fighting to get outside of its stereotype for a long time,” Nichols said. "The city has been doing an awful lot of positive things to get out of that stereotype. We are growing a new one that says we are growing, dynamic, exciting place to be.”

"It's the most anticipated announcement in the last couple of decades.”

Brett Hamm

i heard from the news its going to be 37 stories plus extra space on top , what does that mean a needle, or a design, but only truely 37 stories for working space?

the news said at least 37 stories

I don't think Metro is going to like this thread.

21. Default Re: Devon Tower

I think OKCMallen likes it. I'm pretty pumped to see this sucker.

My final guess, 40 stories. 630 feet.

23. Default Re: Devon Tower

55 stories. 900 feet.

48 Floors, 767 ft

Thread Information