Widgets Magazine
Page 478 of 485 FirstFirst ... 378428473474475476477478479480481482483 ... LastLast
Results 11,926 to 11,950 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

That "suburban mindset" dominates far and wide, not just OKC.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...slows-n1279305
    "Census data reveals that the 10 fastest-growing large cities in the U.S. are all suburbs."

Is the “suburban mindset” your term or is that used in the article? I haven’t read the article yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is the “suburban mindset” your term or is that used in the article? I haven’t read the article yet.
    Post #11925

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Post #11925
    Okay yeah even in BRIC countries I’ve read car ownership is skyrocketing as well as places like the Netherlands. LA agree by 2.6 percent while the suburban areas like OC and IE grew at least three times as fast. It’s clear that the urban myth of the suburbs are dying has no basis and the exact opposite is true. I personally think sprawled out communities and single occupant car commuting will be the future for some time and that will become even more true with self driving cars and subscription based services as opposed to ownership.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    What do you mean by “demand”? Do you expect consumers to show up on the sidewalk and start demanding imaginary businesses be built out? If Devon had prioritized walkable design in those spaces and worked with developers then we can talk “demand.” They didn’t even try. Lots of businesses like Devon struggle to imagine walkable urban design because the parking garage these spaces are attached to is what they value. Parking garages are extensions of their suburban homes. They lacked an urban vision because it’s not part of the suburban mindset that dominates in OKC.
    This is a very strange view of how development and economics actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This is a very strange view of how development and economics actually work.
    After the first sentence is where your contribution to the conversation goes. I’m happy to learn from you, but a snarky Internet comment adds nothing.

Blog Entries

W
    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    After the first sentence is where your contribution to the conversation goes. I’m happy to learn from you, but a snarky Internet comment adds nothing.
    It’s because you ascribe meanings to my statements that are not implied or logical just to demean the argument, not to add clarity to your own. You definition of demand and the understanding of how and why developers make decisions is not realistic. If all this is is an attempt to discredit, then fine, fire away.

Devon has not been using the tower's LED lights at any capacity for a long time now. I would say the last time I saw them on was maybe around the beginning of spring.

Is Devon paying for window washing still? I am sitting at the Omni Hotel bar staring straight at it and the building has a dusty brown tint to the windows. Sharp contract from the shiny BOK building next door with a brilliant reflection of FNC.

Beautiful blue sky today.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Devon has not been using the tower's LED lights at any capacity for a long time now. I would say the last time I saw them on was maybe around the beginning of spring.
    I have noticed as well. Although they have been so underwhelming as it is since not fully programmed and reached their full potential which is sad. I have noticed the OMNI lighting is a bit glitchy recently and I hope they get it operational as it should and we don't just have another half assed job of lighting on the skyline. I trust Omni will want it to look correct however.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Is Devon paying for window washing still? I am sitting at the Omni Hotel bar staring straight at it and the building has a dusty brown tint to the windows. Sharp contract from the shiny BOK building next door with a brilliant reflection of FNC.

Beautiful blue sky today.
    Devon owns both buildings so I assume if one’s being cleaned both are. I know they replaced/fixed the crane used to do so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	151AC534-B022-40A3-955C-D68C44B42BC4.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	17241

In addition to the window still being broken, they are now missing a letter from their street level sign. Everyone meet Devo

Are we not men?

That’s the new nightclub opening up near Vast.

Devon did put up Christmas decorations but not the big displays they did in the past.

They did not put the giant ornament in the middle of their lawn and did not hang those huge ribbons and pinecones in the rotunda.

And although they sponsored some of the Christmas events in the Myriad Gardens, they did not hold any of the events (like Saturday with Santa) in the rotunda as they had before Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Devon did put up Christmas decorations but not the big displays they did in the past.

They did not put the giant ornament in the middle of their lawn and did not hang those huge ribbons and pinecones in the rotunda.

And although they sponsored some of the Christmas events in the Myriad Gardens, they did not hold any of the events (like Saturday with Santa) in the rotunda as they had before Covid.
    Don't they own that giant ornament? It seems silly not to display it since it costs you nothing except install.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	151AC534-B022-40A3-955C-D68C44B42BC4.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.51 MB 
ID:	17241

In addition to the window still being broken, they are now missing a letter from their street level sign. Everyone meet Devo
    Does anyone know why Devon hasn't replaced the window at the top of the tower. They finally did get all the other windows installed, but left the window at the top still needing replaced. Doesn't make sense!

Blog Entries

spite

I’ve still got my money on BancFirst finishing the glass on their tower before Devon finishes there’s. With as much positive growth and development happening downtown it is disappointing that the beacon of our skyline is clearly not interested in improving the look of downtown. (Missing windows, gates up and plaza/sidewalks closed for months, halfass Christmas decorations) on top of that the LEDs have been turned off for over a year

I know Devon hasn't been doing well for a few years now, but I wonder how much this lack of upkeep and general interest in downtown OKC is due to Larry Nichols stepping down as the CEO.

That campus was all his doing, as was Project 180 and a bunch of other downtown projects.

They still don't have the "Devo" sing fixed, BTW. At least as of Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I know Devon hasn't been doing well for a few years now, but I wonder how much this lack of upkeep and general interest in downtown OKC is due to Larry Nichols stepping down as the CEO.

That campus was all his doing, as was Project 180 and a bunch of other downtown projects.

They still don't have the "Devo" sing fixed, BTW. At least as of Sunday.
    devon had a great year last year .. and will again this year ..

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    devon had a great year last year .. and will again this year ..
    Another great Boulder contribution.

23. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Another great Boulder contribution.
    He ain't wrong though. Devo has had a fantastic year. It was the best performing equity in the SPY.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...on-oil-2021-12

Keep in mind, about half their tower is still empty.

And the BOK Park Plaza they also own is well more than half vacant.

They have to be bleeding money from their real estate holdings and that is likely why they have made the noticeable cutbacks.

25. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Didn't they pay cash for the build on Devon Tower? I don't recall for sure, but I was thinking that was discussed publicly (shareholder report maybe?) at the time.

Thread Information