Widgets Magazine
Page 471 of 485 FirstFirst ... 371421466467468469470471472473474475476 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,775 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Now it's clear as to why it took so long to replace the broken ones.

So they must be abandoning the crane based on the roof, unless this is a crane to get repair parts up to the roof crane... lol

Maybe they are getting the bottom half with the mobile crane and the top half with the crane on the roof? That mobile crane can only reach a little over halfway up the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    So they must be abandoning the crane based on the roof, unless this is a crane to get repair parts up to the roof crane... lol
    they have been using the roof crane for window washing recently ..

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200623_194648.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	16184

crane was gone today, not sure if these are replacement windows with a protective cover or something else...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200623_194648.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	16184

crane was gone today, not sure if these are replacement windows with a protective cover or something else...
    I don't think they ever used the crane.

I kept an eye all yesterday via webcam and never saw it go up.

I went by with my drone around 1PM and they were already moving parts of it out.

And the windows definitely aren't fixed.

It sort of looks like protective film that would be placed on the glass...but it makes no sense why it would be left on if that's what it is...very strange about the crane

Blog Entries

Just saying that I'm in the area at least once a week if not more and it wasn't very long ago that those were boards vs what they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Just saying that I'm in the area at least once a week if not more and it wasn't very long ago that those were boards vs what they are now.
    Understood.

But at the same time, I never saw that crane go up and I haven't seen any photos on social media, either.

It seems like once they got all that equipment on-site, something changed.

I walked past there yesterday afternoon hoping to see all the progress happening and it was strange to see the crane gone, the street re-opened and .... still some cardboard windows.

Maybe next year...

Oil went down yesterday so they packed the crane up. Also don't forget, ThE wInDoWs ArE cUsToM aNd TaKe TiMe To ReMaKe.

Whether they just suck at hiring contractors to do their work or whatever it is - Devon has shown they have no idea how to properly run a tower. The lighting, the windows.

They should just be playing Yakety Sax on repeat in the lobby.

Blog Entries

I don't know how much a crane like that is to rent, but when my company has had to rent a crane (to put HVAC unit on a roof), it's been [I think, might be mis-remembering the exact amount] $4K/hr and we have to pay it whether they use it or not, just for showing up. So if they crane showed up, they probably had to pay regardless, so why not get SOMEthing done?

Not sure what the crane was for but it was never there to replace all the windows on that tower. It simply can’t reach high enough. There isn’t a mobile crane on earth that can reach to the top of Devon tower.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Not sure what the crane was for but it was never there to replace all the windows on that tower. It simply can’t reach high enough. There isn’t a mobile crane on earth that can reach to the top of Devon tower.
    The city's announcement of street closure specifically mentioned glass replacement at Devon Tower.

But of course you are right and it doesn't seem like it was used even for the lower floors.

This whole thing is perplexing. I know they've had the required glass on site for months.

If we are stretching for positives, I drove on Sheridan a minute ago and it does **look** like the north sidewalk is now accessible

I wonder if they ran into issues. When I walked by yesterday I was curious how the crane was going to swivel without having to remove and of the trees in the myriad gardens. It seemed like a tight fit. I wonder if there were some issues on that kind of nature that weren’t thought about until they got the machinery out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The city's announcement of street closure specifically mentioned glass replacement at Devon Tower.

But of course you are right and it doesn't seem like it was used even for the lower floors.

This whole thing is perplexing. I know they've had the required glass on site for months.
    This makes me think the crane was brought in for a very specific scope that needed to be done before the glass itself starts going in. It could be something that took almost no time to complete and they did it at like 6am and no one saw it. They could have got a road closure permit for multiple days as a buffer in case of possible high wind delays but got lucky and found a window first thing and got out.

IMO this makes more sense than them pulling permits a week before, bringing in the entire crane and completely building it (which takes several hours and multiple trucks) just to call it off after all this work is already done.

Just because the glass isn't replaced doesn't necessarily mean this crane didn't do whatever it was that it was supposed to do.I really cant fathom them waiting until this thing was completely built to decide to change their mind.

It could be that there was required work on top of the atrium where the crane was quickly used.

That's the only thing that I can think of.

It could be that there was required work on top of the atrium where the crane was quickly used.

That's the only thing that I can think of.
    From where the crane was actually set up in the photos, the atrium makes a lot of sense. There would be no reason to set the crane up that far west on Sheridan to work on the tower itself.

^

It would also make sense from the aspect there would be no way to see that type of damage and it was directly under where the other windows were broken.

Good chance some debris fell and did some damage up there.

I did see the crane briefly extended yesterday and it was almost straight out above the atrium and it didn't make sense as I was expecting them to be working on the windows farther up.

But to get to the top of the atrium, did they need a 400 ton crane?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    But to get to the top of the atrium, did they need a 400 ton crane?
    Absolutely. That’s about a 250’ radius to center of The atrium to the street on google maps. You’d need a crane that big to set a 50 lb sack of concrete at that distance.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Absolutely. That’s about a 250’ radius to center of The atrium to the street on google maps. You’d need a crane that big to set a 50 lb sack of concrete at that distance.
    There was a sign yesterday in the garage that said east entrance closed for atrium repair work

Quote Originally Posted by 3nglnd View Post
    If we are stretching for positives, I drove on Sheridan a minute ago and it does **look** like the north sidewalk is now accessible
    The fences were still up and the sidewalk blocked just a couple of days ago.

It did look like they have fixed a few of the lower windows.

The fences were still up and the sidewalk blocked just a couple of days ago.

It did look like they have fixed a few of the lower windows.
    The fence is still up, but pushed back. I was able to walk on that sidewalk as recently as Monday. Kinda nice..

Thread Information