Widgets Magazine
Page 469 of 484 FirstFirst ... 369419464465466467468469470471472473474 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,725 of 12098

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

No, on the outside which is why they needed access to the BMU (which is used for window washing and the like).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, on the outside which is why they needed access to the BMU (which is used for window washing and the like).
    OK, thanks, didn't know the BMU was the official name of the "crane", learned two things today...

Edit: Three, didn't realize the "panels" were the actual windows, was thinking of circuit board-type "panels"

I know the electrical contractor was also involved in fixing the damaged lights.

I never saw any lawsuits about this mess-up so perhaps both parties just decided to let it go.

I do know the lighting and wiring were integrated into those particular window panels. The LED company claimed some were damaged when those window units were moved into place and secured.

Given the recent problems, I suspect there was no easy way to repair without pulling out the window panels and maybe replacing them. The tower has a subtle curve as it moves upwards which means almost every window is unique, hence the almost one-year lead time to get the existing damaged windows replaced.

I recall all the LED issues.. and still every time i see what equates to Dot matrix graphics on a system capable of SOOOO much more.. it makes me sad.

Not that much progress given it's been gorgeous weather:

I am convinced money is the reason there is no replaced glass. Which is fine, just take down the god awful fence blocking the sidewalk. Now this virus closing the building to the public is going to be more of an excuse to keep the chain link up.

44 days away from an entire year from the windows being broken.

Even if they have the windows all ready to be replaced, it's probably going to take months and months at this point. But on the bright side, not like there's going to be anyone downtown to see the lack of progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I am convinced money is the reason there is no replaced glass. Which is fine, just take down the god awful fence blocking the sidewalk. Now this virus closing the building to the public is going to be more of an excuse to keep the chain link up.

44 days away from an entire year from the windows being broken.
    They have 1.8 billion dollars in cash on their balance sheet.

9. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    They have 1.8 billion dollars in cash on their balance sheet.
    And may end up needing every penny of it to survive.

They were working on the windows a couple of days ago.

I was told they had the new glass on site but the replacement process isn't simple. And they can only work on relatively calm days.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    And may end up needing every penny of it to survive.
    they don't they have 80% of their oil hedged at 45+ into 2021

12. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

They were working on the windows a couple of days ago.

I was told they had the new glass on site but the replacement process isn't simple. And they can only work on relatively calm days.
    "calm" days in Oklahoma are few and far between. I won't be surprised if its months before they are done. I mean how many days are reliably at 5-10mph winds? This week alone it's been only part of the day that was good and then bam, 40mph.

Devon and BOK both have been running dark blue LEDs for about the past week or so. Since Devon is doing the “dancing lights” this is a much better look in my opinion. I hope this is a full time change

https://m.imgur.com/a/mqykqUV

Blog Entries

Our skyline with Devon, BancFirst & BOK towers will make the skyline look so much better--if my vision for those three buildings is correct. Sandridge and First National has promise to add to our skyline transformation.

Whether or not the BancFirst Tower adds any height, the new skin on BancFirst should highlight our city day and night.

The potential many of us envision, hopefully will not lead to disappointment.

Now we're not on par with Dallas, Atlanta, Charlotte or Seattle. IMO OKC will look impressive for those who have never seen our city as we look more aligned with Kansas City, New Orleans, Raleigh and Jacksonville's skylines.

It has now been over a year since the window washing accident that left windows broken and the public sidewalk closed.

I go by all the time and I almost never see anyone working on this.

It has now been over a year since the window washing accident that left windows broken and the public sidewalk closed.

I go by all the time and I almost never see anyone working on this.
    Can the city force them to do something? Can we all report it to the Action Line? Would/does the city care?

Which will finish first?

Every single window of the BancFirst Tower being replaced or a dozen windows of the Devon Tower replaced.

^^^ Very cool...an excellent game and all may play . Gotta think about it for a minute

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Can the city force them to do something? Can we all report it to the Action Line? Would/does the city care?
    I turned it into the action center just for giggles

If this were my personal house and I blocked a sidewalk and left Windows out for a year. I can guarantee I would have been cited. Why should we treat Devon any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    I turned it into the action center just for giggles

If this were my personal house and I blocked a sidewalk and left Windows out for a year. I can guarantee I would have been cited. Why should we treat Devon any differently.
    Absolutely true. Thx, we'll see how quickly they close it as "fixed", I'll probably report it too...

Absolutely true. Thx, we'll see how quickly they close it as "fixed", I'll probably report it too...
    Case C20-28231 is my report number! Let’s see if anything happens with this

Case C20-28231 is my report number! Let’s see if anything happens with this
    Closed with no violations within 3 days of this submission. Just thought I would share

Closed with no violations within 3 days of this submission. Just thought I would share
    Figured as much, maybe we all need to get a petition together and send it to Councilwoman Hamon?

Figured as much, maybe we all need to get a petition together and send it to Councilwoman Hamon?
    And here it is, petition to send to Devon and Ms. Hamon, please sign and promote/distribute...

http://chng.it/chGFmt2H

Based on the previous weeks, she doesnt seem to be very bothered by broken windows.

Thread Information