Widgets Magazine
Page 463 of 485 FirstFirst ... 363413458459460461462463464465466467468 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,575 of 12115

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    Could someone please remind me what the fins that are on the outside of the building are for again
    Fun

Could someone please remind me what the fins that are on the outside of the building are for again
    Reduce drag, aerodynamics, and horizontal stabilization.

Helps to summon Gozer the Gozerian.

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    Helps to summon Gozer the Gozerian.
    Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

5. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

I couldn't fit the whole building in the frame, but this still turned out to be a great shot of Devon (and the rest of the CBD).

Great shot ! I see the reflection of the BOK sign.

7. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

That is fantastic!

What camera are you using to take such amazing pictures?

9. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Thanks! I'm using a DJI Mavic Air. For this particular shot I took 5 photos and merged them into an HDR photo using Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    Thanks! I'm using a DJI Mavic Air. For this particular shot I took 5 photos and merged them into an HDR photo using Photoshop.
    Excellent, excellent work!

Amazing color!

Were you flying it at 7th and Hudson earlier this week? We were riding our bikes and spoke briefly to a couple of guys who were just finishing a flight.

12. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    Amazing color!

Were you flying it at 7th and Hudson earlier this week? We were riding our bikes and spoke briefly to a couple of guys who were just finishing a flight.
    Thanks! No, must have been someone else. I flew in Kerr Park a few days ago, but that is all for this week.

Thanks! No, must have been someone else. I flew in Kerr Park a few days ago, but that is all for this week.
    I guess it's getting to be a fairly common sight to see someone flying a drone around downtown and elsewhere.

14. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    I guess it's getting to be a fairly common sight to see someone flying a drone around downtown and elsewhere.
    Definitely more and more common. I've got an office in Cotter Ranch Tower and we see drones popping up by our 22nd floor window fairly often.

With that particular tower, I almost wonder if potential buyers are using them for informal inspection and research on buildings on the market.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DJI_0409.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	4.57 MB 
ID:	14660

I couldn't fit the whole building in the frame, but this still turned out to be a great shot of Devon (and the rest of the CBD).

If one were to want to post this on their Facebook or print it off, would you have any objection?

Don't think you ever got a real answer. My understanding is that the fins are what the LED lights actually "project" on to. They are basically serve as a reflector which is why they appear almost invisible at night when viewed at a direct 90° angle.

19. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Yeah there's a bunch of jokers, but I'm talking about the ones that don't have LEDs in them.

Gorgeous

Yeah there's a bunch of jokers, but I'm talking about the ones that don't have LEDs in them.
    they are like any building the architect's vision they have office space behind them

22. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

I understand the ones that house the LEDs, but I am just confused as to what purpose the others serve. They're all over the building and as they age, it makes Devon appear sort of dingy.

I understand the ones that house the LEDs, but I am just confused as to what purpose the others serve. They're all over the building and as they age, it makes Devon appear sort of dingy.
    If you mean the stainless steel grid that covers the exterior, it's just ornamental.

It is the architect's "thing"... seems to be a pretty common feature of his works:

https://www.pickardchilton.com/work/river-point

https://www.pickardchilton.com/work/...k-headquarters

25. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Thanks.

Thread Information