Widgets Magazine
Page 462 of 485 FirstFirst ... 362412457458459460461462463464465466467 ... LastLast
Results 11,526 to 11,550 of 12115

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by _Kyle View Post
    Shhhhhh let me enjoy this!
    haha I would be so happy if OKC got a skyscraper over 1000ft in the next decade and if oil booms enough I don't see why it couldn't happen.

^
    Hopefully it will!

Blog Entries

What I would prefer to see happen is the both of you become independently wealthy and each build your own super-talls in OKC, at the same time, so it can be a "race to the top" like FNC/Ramsey. Not even kidding. Get out there and make that money so you can make this happen in my lifetime! TWO super-talls in OKC in my lifetime would ROCK! My money is on PluPlan to get to the top first. But the new guy is pretty gung ho so he may surprise me!

pfftttt pluplan wouldn't even make it past 200 ft

Blog Entries

Bahahahahaha. I think you underestimate him. Not only would he get much higher (than 200ft), but he'd have a 10-lane highway-grade ramp to the top with 80 MPH speed limits! You just wait!

Sure

Dallas isn't this list so we move down to 11.

Angry Re: Devon Energy Center

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Dallas isn't this list so we move down to 11.
    Nope. This is a list of the tallest buildings in each state. Houston is on the list.

When going by list of tallest buildings by city, OKC is 12th.

If one world trade center can be #1 with a spire then why don't we just stick a 933 foot spire on top of the devon tower?

Does anyone know the details about the new connection to the parking garage currently under construction?

Also, I've always wondered why Devon doesn't let groups use the empty "storefronts" along the Hudson side of the garage as display spaces like the new development on Broadway is planning. Has anyone ever asked for access?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170421_1709444.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	490.5 KB 
ID:	13779

Blog Entries

Someone addressed that connection way up above, but basically it allows Devon employees to seamlessly get between their tower and the new one and from the all parking garages to the towers.

Also addressed even further back in the thread, the storefronts are entirely fake. They were made to be compliant with a review board request, but there's nothing behind them. While there is a "front", if you tore down the concrete there would be parking spaces behind them. They would have to build out real retail space and remove some parking for the "storefronts" to actually become storefronts and be used.

The garage connection is just a bigger construction project than I expected so I wasn't sure if it was going to include something more. It looks like it's going to be two stories with a lot more width than necessary for a simple covered passageway.

For the windows displays, I've walked by since they uncovered them and there's individual access to each one. I always wondered why they didn't do Macy's style window arrangements or even just partner with the Art Museum across the street. That's what they're planning on doing with the new development on Broadway.

http://newsok.com/automobile-alley-c...rticle/5546266

"Architect Bruce Bockus with Bockus Payne & Associates explained parking will be on the ground floor behind a street-level facade of window display cases that will showcase work from local artists and promotions from community organizations. The corner is along the future streetcar system, which is under construction.

"We couldn't sell them if we couldn't provide the homeowners with parking,” Bockus said.

Bockus said the art displays in the windows will be a “gift” to the community."

Blog Entries

Once upon a time there were displays, I don't remember if they were art, or just downtown in december stuff, but those have been used as displays before.

Ahh, ok. The ugly window clings are all I remember and those were more an eyesore than anything. I wonder if they'll get pressured to do something with the spaces once the new garages go in and the area turns into a concrete jungle.

Blog Entries

it's possible I'm remembering the clings, apologies if so, but I thought it was more than that

Should see the Russell Westbrook MVP homage lit up on the tower tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Should see the Russell Westbrook MVP homage lit up on the tower tonight.
    I hope so!

I drove downtown to see if Devon was lit up to celebrate Russ' award, and I was happy to see that it said RUSS MVP. By the time I parked and got out to take a picture (about 10:50), all the lights were off. I got back in my car to drive to one of the other sides to see if maybe it was just turned off on the side I was on, and they had turned it back on to the normal lighting. I wish they had kept it up longer!

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous. View Post
    love this!

EDIT: that didn't work. tried to get that image up again. sorry.

25. Default Re: Devon Energy Center

Could someone please remind me what the fins that are on the outside of the building are for again

Thread Information