Widgets Magazine
Page 108 of 485 FirstFirst ... 858103104105106107108109110111112113158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 12103

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Ohhh My God..

2. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

???
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    ???
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear with my post

There's a mezzanine floor that will be poured first before the second floor is poured.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DevonInteriorRendering.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	216.6 KB 
ID:	481

This mezzanine floor you see in the background starts within the core of the tower and connects the atrium and podium building.

I think the mezzanine floor is actually the second floor of the podium building.

I guess you could consider this "mezzanine" level to be the second floor of the tower and the outer columns go up to the third floor.

I'm sure thats what the button on the elevators will say, especially if it is the second floor of the podium building.

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    When you worked at OCURA did you know Susan Hughes?
    If she was the marvelous secretary/assistant to the Executive Director, Robert White--yes I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    If she was the marvelous secretary/assistant to the Executive Director, Robert White--yes I did.
    Look in your mailbox for a PM.

Guys since I don't live in OKC and don't get downtown much, help me out here...it appears that the structure is now a good 45 or 50 feet AGL? Thats pretty exciting, perhaps when I'm down in mid July it will be 100 or so ft tall at that point, something we can actually see clearly from the various roads in the area.

Based on what I've heard, by July you should see the first few floors. They've stated that the first 8-10 floors or so will take a little longer than the others, but once they are built we should see a floor built every 8 days.

9. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

I've got an update in today's Oklahoman.

Good work Steve, thanks for the update!

Great article, Steve - thank you!

Devon tower construction rises above street level
    BY STEVE LACKMEYER
    Published: May 16, 2010

Construction on Devon Energys new corporate headquarters is on schedule, on budget, and the tower should begin rising into the air this summer. All Devon employees, meanwhile, should complete their move to the expanded former City Center West garage by July 1.

The future Devon Energy tower is starting to rise above street level, and project officials predict the structure will gain speed and climb about one floor a week within the next month.

Read the rest of Steve's article at:
    NewsOK

My (very) rough estimate of the Devon Tower's height in comparison to the Dallas skyline.

Thanks OUrulz2000...very nice diagram on height. I wonder--what do people here think of the vertical line lighting on the building shown in Big D? Dallas has always been obsessesed with "bigness" and glitz...has begun to look like a giant State Fair, one should be careful. The Devon Tower has the type of structure that might lend itself to some nice, more subtle vertical lighting in the recessed areas of the triangular shape. What do the rest of you here think? Myself--always a fan of the giant vertical beam--like on the apex of that big pyramid "thing" in Las Vegas...can be seen from far away.

Thanks OUrulz2000...very nice diagram on height. I wonder--what do people here think of the vertical line lighting on the building shown in Big D? Dallas has always been obsessesed with "bigness" and glitz...has begun to look like a giant State Fair, one should be careful. The Devon Tower has the type of structure that might lend itself to some nice, more subtle vertical lighting in the recessed areas of the triangular shape. What do the rest of you here think? Myself--always a fan of the giant vertical beam--like on the apex of that big pyramid "thing" in Las Vegas...can be seen from far away.
    I am not the biggest fan of this. Maybe on one or two buildings but not all. Fort Worth does this on EVERY building in its skyline, way overdone. I do feel like the Bank One Building in OKC is not lit up like it should be though.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    I am not the biggest fan of this. Maybe on one or two buildings but not all. Fort Worth does this on EVERY building in its skyline, way overdone. I do feel like the Bank One Building in OKC is not lit up like it should be though.
    I agree...Ft. Worth looks silly...like a big version of a child's toy box, but that is the least of the problems in that burg. I have not seen Bank One in years (at night)...I remember long ago when it was built as Fidelity National...it had nice outdoor lighting...

17. Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

I think if they put white or blue (natural gas color) led lights around the triangles at the top it would look pretty good

Ft. Worth
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fortworth.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	482  

I think Dallas looks awesome with the lights. I would love it if they were to do the same here.

I went down to the site today and only managed to snap one picture before being asked to leave the parking garage by a man in a Holder Contruction hardhat and vest. He shooed at least 10 people away that were up against the screen in the garage. Bummer.

Here is the height of the tower seen from Harvey, looking south.

Can they even shoo people away? It's public property, the City owns that garage, unless you were in the west garage that Devon owns.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Can they even shoo people away? It's public property, the City owns that garage, unless you were in the west garage that Devon owns.
    I was in the east garage, the one shown in the picture that I posted. I thought that was a public garage as well.

Welcome to the world we live in. Aviation photography is legal, yet I had the military called on me to have me removed from the airport. (Was on public property, wasn't removed by force, but they were called as the first "responders")

Quote Originally Posted by vandy View Post
    I was in the east garage, the one shown in the picture that I posted. I thought that was a public garage as well.
    I wonder if they realized that this website forum existed--would they still want to shoo people away...I am not sure any trade secrets are being revealed. Must be some way to get a dispensation or permission that could be generally understood. Maybe some contact with Devon by someone--hell--this place gives them tons of good--and deserved--press.

I wonder if they realized that this website forum existed--would they still want to shoo people away...I am not sure any trade secrets are being revealed. Must be some way to get a dispensation or permission that could be generally understood. Maybe some contact with Devon by someone--hell--this place gives them tons of good--and deserved--press.
    Could be an insurance issue.

Thread Information