Widgets Magazine
Page 105 of 485 FirstFirst ... 555100101102103104105106107108109110155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 12115

Thread: Devon Energy Center

Default Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

So, do we think the tower is now about up to 40-50 ft from top of scaffolding to ground?

It's probably pretty close to that from the ground, but not from street level.

I keep thinking to myself while looking at the still cam shot, "darn it, I thought this thing was suppose to be wide open". Then I remember, "oh yeah, this is the core of the tower, not the rotunda!"

PS.... how often is the Skyline live cam "OFFLINE"? Kinda sad...

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    So, do we think the tower is now about up to 40-50 ft from top of scaffolding to ground?
    It's level with the third floor of the Colcord at least.

whats the big red thing between the two elevator cores on the left of the cam?

Just in case anyone needs a refresher on what the first floor will look like from inside, here ya go! The first floor will have a very high ceiling which is going to require a lot of scaffolding to prepare for the second floor.

Any more posts on this thread not pertaining to construction of Devon Tower will be promptly deleted.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of each new level of the cores? e.g. height, length?

Smile Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Thanks Pete! I appreciated your post.

Ah yes Pete, I thought something was different. Thanks! Glad to see they're finally pouring/placing concrete on that last 1/3 of the ground level!

I'm headed downtown here in a few minutes. I'll try to get some pictures to post up.

Click for pano:

What is that being worked on directly north of the tower? That scaffolding looks like it is level with the ground floor of the Devon tower.

What is that being worked on directly north of the tower? That scaffolding looks like it is level with the ground floor of the Devon tower.
    This is not known, just a guesstimate, but I'd say that where the Executive Underground heated parking garage is going to be...

OKCisOKforme is correct, that is shoring for the slab overtop the sub-grade parking. It is much easier to see now that they have the actual forming laid on top of it.

Fun to see the remaining third of slab poured for the tower and the forming for the first above grade floor taking shape. That is some of the tallest shoring that I have seen for one floor! The tower will quickly begin to be visible due to the high floor to floor heights on this building. The rest will much smaller than the first level but higher by comparrison due to their using a raised floor configuration on each floor.

Awesome!

What is the construction sites plan if a tornado hits? Also, how fast do the winds have to be to blow over the tower cranes?

What is the construction sites plan if a tornado hits?
    Run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Troypin View Post
    What is the construction sites plan if a tornado hits?
    Pray that it doesn't! No in all seriousness they have one and each are singularly unique to the specifica site and what is available. The first sign of severe weather and or strong gust fronts and you will see the Tower cranes all align with the prevailing wind. This lowers the wind profile and stress on the tower cranes. They of course will cease operations until the storm front has passed.

They may have an agreement to be able to retreat all workers into the colcord or other similar structure to provide protection. The site itself with all of its staged construction materials and equipment all over the place would be like walking through a blender so would be a worst case scenario that one could think of. That is really why I stated to pray that one doesn't hit.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC@heart View Post
    Pray that it doesn't! No in all seriousness they have one and each are singularly unique to the specifica site and what is available. The first sign of severe weather and or strong gust fronts and you will see the Tower cranes all align with the prevailing wind. This lowers the wind profile and stress on the tower cranes. They of course will cease operations until the storm front has passed.

They may have an agreement to be able to retreat all workers into the colcord or other similar structure to provide protection. The site itself with all of its staged construction materials and equipment all over the place would be like walking through a blender so would be a worst case scenario that one could think of. That is really why I stated to pray that one doesn't hit.
    They better start to do that. the news said its about to go through downtown OKC AND ITS GOT A WALL CLOUD!!!

MadMonk Guest

They all seemed to be heading to the west garage once the sirens started blaring.

Thanks VERY MUCH for the great new pictures Vandy! They really help one see what is going on down there. Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    Thanks VERY MUCH for the great new pictures Vandy! They really help one see what is going on down there. Excellent!
    Agreed..

Quote Originally Posted by jmarkross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gen70 View Post
    Agreed..
    No problem! I work downtown so it's pretty easy to snap some pictures. I'll try to take some more regularly.

Thumbs up Re: Devon Tower: Officially Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by vandy View Post
    No problem! I work downtown so it's pretty easy to snap some pictures. I'll try to take some more regularly.
    You will get a great following! So many of us cannot make it down there to see the site and this is a great and noble thing others do here. It is very much appreciated--it is like standing there yourself!

Has anybody taken a recent picture from the street? I wonder what it looks like to passing cars and pedestrians. Should look pretty cool as the tower grows taller.

Thread Information