Widgets Magazine

Thread: "Thunder Up"

Default "Thunder Up"

Has anyone seen the new, ridiculously cheesy TV ad campaign they're doing, called "Thunder Up"? It has local celebrities, Mick Cornett, Barry Switzer, Burns Hargis, and others dressed in Thunder Tees saying "Thunder Up."

On one hand, I'm glad they're finally doing some local TV promoting (something that should have been done before and during last season). On the other hand, whoever is in charge of their marketing and production should be fired. The marketing for this team is absolutely lacking and not near the caliber it should be for such an organization. The production of the commercial was low quality and cheesy.

Default Re: "Thunder Up"

Oh lighten up Metro. Most of those local promotions are usually corny anyways, not matter which NBA city you are in. Adds to the appeal of it all.

Lest we forget this beautiful moment in cinetography history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsuXUg9N2c

3. Default Re: "Thunder Up"

Yeah I was just in PHX and saw one of thier commercials for the Suns and I laughed out loud at it. I'm trying to find it on youtube. This is way better than that.

4. Default Re: "Thunder Up"

I also heard the new "Thunder Up" jingle on the radio. It was more annoying than catchy.

agreed. It's awful. And I'm not bitter at all about them not hiring me and keeping that person from Seattle who knows nothing about the okc market or how to run promotions....

Blog Entries

Commercials are designed to get people's attention--good or bad. Does the product that is being advertised come over? Does it appeal to its audience?

Agee guys, it wasn't the best commercial they could have put out; however, they didn't miss the boat!

Disagree - that STUPID edmond hyundai commercial is certainly attention grabbing but is the absolutely most annoying commercial ever made. I would never NEVER buy a car there just because it annoys me so much.

This commercial wasn't that drastic, but it certainly didn't make me proud.

if folks be talking about it, it's hardly a failure, even if it's lame. If folks be searching for it, it's danged near an unqualified success, no matter its lame factor.

as for flight of the bumblhyundai, annoying as it is, many many more folks now know that dealer is there than before the commercial. On a lame factor, it's such a step up from the also irritating Norman Nobody and Edmond Sumbuddy spots they used to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Commercials are designed to get people's attention--good or bad. Does the product that is being advertised come over? Does it appeal to its audience?

Agee guys, it wasn't the best commercial they could have put out; however, they didn't miss the boat!

you realize part of my job is writing commercials?

I agree with metro. That "Thunder Up" nonsense needs to go.

Thread Information