Widgets Magazine

Thread: ODOT Traffic Camera Access

Default ODOT Traffic Camera Access

Don't know if this has been touched on before (I did do a search but found nothing), so I thought that I would put it out there...if it's already been brought up feel free to delete this thread. You can now access the ODOT traffic cameras online.

Oklahoma Pathfinder :: Camera Image Use Agreement

-Chris-

2. Default Re: ODOT Traffic Camera Access

Pretty nice, but only better if the images were actually streaming videos.

Default Re: ODOT Traffic Camera Access

Yeah they've been up for months - pretty useless to those of us coming from Edmond though.

Pathetically, I actually look at it when I get sick of the traffic congestion back east or when I get tremendously homesick.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Yeah they've been up for months - pretty useless to those of us coming from Edmond though.
    ^ pretty useless anyway they are stil photos updated every ??? minutes? my GPS is more helpful, and the Weather Channel has a traffic monitor!

6. Default Re: ODOT Traffic Camera Access

It would be really nice were some aerials of the new crosstown's development were available. As far as I'm aware, they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by doug loudenback
    it would be really nice were some aerials of the new crosstown's development were available.
    you might find something here: www.40forward.com

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    It would be really nice were some aerials of the new crosstown's development were available. As far as I'm aware, they aren't.
    They (40forward) just had an update of about 50 photos. Of course, the last set was the ones dated '7/17/2009' and the count then was 870. Now it's up to 926 and there's only 1 new photo. I sent them an email and hope they get it figured out real soon.

They usually update the gallery every four or five weeks and I can't imagine there was a lot to update with all the recent rain.

I wish ODOT has as much info on other projects as I-40 - understandably, on filling a pothole, you don't need info, but I would have liked updates on projects like the Broadway Extension over Memorial & Kelley (I still am not sure why Kelley isn't open yet). If it affects that many thousands of people a week, there should be at least occasional updates, but their site doesn't have a traffic projects update area that i see.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I wish ODOT has as much info on other projects as I-40 - understandably, on filling a pothole, you don't need info, but I would have liked updates on projects like the Broadway Extension over Memorial & Kelley (I still am not sure why Kelley isn't open yet). If it affects that many thousands of people a week, there should be at least occasional updates, but their site doesn't have a traffic projects update area that i see.
    Right in the middle of the page:

40 Forward: Oklahoma's I-40 Crosstown Expressway

"Traffic Advisories"

Click on that and it takes you to ODOT's "Traffax", which has the last few updated daily PDF files stating what projects are in and around the OKC area (including Broadway Extension/Memorial/Kelly) ;-)

Great site - thanks!

Thread Information