Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kaut 43

Default Re: Kaut 43

Anyone remember Zan-R from one of the UHF stations, either 34 or 25? He was supposed to be from outer space. He would come on and say "Obon, may paxis, it is time to regrot and megulate".

Bigray in OK

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Cool? Why? Its a morning news show. This is such a typical Okie, conservative move.

AMEN to that, strip!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrayok View Post
    "Obon, may paxis, it is time to regrot and megulate".
    That sounds like an opening line from an old Vanilla Ice tune...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrayok View Post
    Anyone remember Zan-R from one of the UHF stations, either 34 or 25? He was supposed to be from outer space. He would come on and say "Obon, may paxis, it is time to regrot and megulate".

Bigray in OK
    ...not familiar with Zan-R. Was he related to Klaatu?

Is anybody, besides myself, having trouble receiving the over-the-air antenna signal for KAUT after the repack/rescan?

I have rescanned my DTVPal DVR by Dish Network about a dozen times but still no signal.

I am bummed that I am unable to receive KAUT.

I was hoping to see the broadcast debate for Oklahoma county sheriff on Wednesday, October 14th but I am sure I will be able to find the details online after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Is anybody, besides myself, having trouble receiving the over-the-air antenna signal for KAUT after the repack/rescan?

I have rescanned my DTVPal DVR by Dish Network about a dozen times but still no signal.

I am bummed that I am unable to receive KAUT.

I was hoping to see the broadcast debate for Oklahoma county sheriff on Wednesday, October 14th but I am sure I will be able to find the details online after the event.
    In Stillwater, I couldn't get channel 43 any more until I rescanned the TV once. It now comes in at 7 or 8 signal bars out of 10.

Didn't KAUT just switch to the Nextgen transmission standard last week?

From PR Newswire
    Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV On Five Local Television Stations In Oklahoma City, OK
    KOCO-TV, KFOR-TV, KOKH-TV, KOCB and KAUT Begin Broadcasting with New Technology

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    From PR Newswire
    Major Broadcasters Launch NEXTGEN TV On Five Local Television Stations In Oklahoma City, OK
    KOCO-TV, KFOR-TV, KOKH-TV, KOCB and KAUT Begin Broadcasting with New Technology
    Unfortunately, only few people can enjoy Nextgen for now. It requires purchasing a new TV that has Nextgen built in. Not many are available. Tuner boxes won't come out until possibly by the end of the year. 4k video is one of the main attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Unfortunately, only few people can enjoy Nextgen for now. It requires purchasing a new TV that has Nextgen built in. Not many are available. Tuner boxes won't come out until possibly by the end of the year. 4k video is one of the main attractions.
    SiliconDust is getting ready to release their first kickstarter-based ATSC 3.0 network tuner. I used to use one of their cable box replacements and it worked great. It would be a good interim possibility as TV manufacturers are still not just jumping on the ATSC 3.0 tuner bandwagon just yet. Even on their 2021 models, Vizio has said they're not yet making ATSC 3.0 tuners standard.

From what I understand, stations are required to broadcast for 5 years in ATSC 1.0 after starting to offer ATSC 3.0, right?

What I'm curious about is if the ones that are switching to ATSC 3.0 now are putting their ATSC 1.0 broadcast on a lower powered transmitter than before, which is why some folks are having trouble getting these channels?

Thread Information