Widgets Magazine

Thread: Where is the best place to get fresh milk and eggs in the OKC area?

1. Default Where is the best place to get fresh milk and eggs in the OKC area?

Some of the other places i have lived i used to be able to drive to a local dairy and get fresh milk in glass bottles and pick up some fresh eggs as well. Is anybody aware of a place like that in the OKC area.

2. Default Re: Where is the best place to get fresh milk and eggs in the OKC area?

Don't know how fresh you're looking for but I know Braum's says it takes 24-36 hours for the milk to go from the cow to the store. The milk is also concentrated because they remove 1/3 of the water from the milk so it's better tasting.

I don't know about the eggs but I know they're affordable.

Default Re: Where is the best place to get fresh milk and eggs in the OKC area?

I've seen places out towards thunderbird on the sort of country roads with signs at houses saying they were selling fresh eggs, but i cant give you anything specific

Christian Cheese in Kingfisher may be able help as far as fresh milk goes...

RR 1, Box 152
    Kingfisher, OK 73750
    Send e-mail to producer
    405-375-3215 (home)
    405-375-6711 (work)
    888-437-0018 (toll free)
    Christian Cheese - The place to buy cheese from the cheese factory in Kingfisher, Oklahoma

I, too, would love to find some local organic eggs.

There used do be a fabulous dairy up in Mulhall that sold plain, chocolate and strawberry milk out of glass bottles. Was shipped into certain metro grocers daily, or at least every other day. Some of the best milk I've ever had and I loved to collect the bottles.

Dairy was destroyed in a tornado several years ago (the May 3 tornado, I think, or perhaps the year after), and they never picked up business again.

Sorry I can't help you now. I've lived in places where you could get farm-fresh milk and dairy regularly. Nothing like it!

The OSU-OKC farmer's market.

fresh eggs at the farmers market in moore and norman around 3-4 dollars a dozen though

Braum's milk for sure is the best. Eggs? Wish I knew. I guess it's just gonna have to be Jimmy's Egg on Hefner every Saturday morning.

You can also order fresh eggs from the OK Food Coop. Eggs used to be the fastest moving items that they sold but more and more producers figured it out so there are usually plenty nowadays. With supply and demand the price may come down. Orders open the first of the month. If you truly want to support local farmers please support them with your orders and at the farmers markets. Plus you will be surprised with all of the variety.
    Oklahoma Food Cooperative - Local Food, Local Farmers - Farmer's Market, Natural, organic, health, sustainable, locally grown, meat, vegetables, nuts, produce, bread

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Christian Cheese in Kingfisher may be able help as far as fresh milk goes...

RR 1, Box 152
    Kingfisher, OK 73750
    Send e-mail to producer
    405-375-3215 (home)
    405-375-6711 (work)
    888-437-0018 (toll free)
    Christian Cheese - The place to buy cheese from the cheese factory in Kingfisher, Oklahoma

I, too, would love to find some local organic eggs.
    Luke,

You can get fresh organic eggs, free range, etc. at the OKC OSU farmers market like Metro said, also from eatwild.com and the OKC food co op.

Check your PM box, I'm sending you a message.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC Instructor View Post
    Luke,

You can get fresh organic eggs, free range, etc. at the OKC OSU farmers market like Metro said, also from eatwild.com and the OKC food co op.

Check your PM box, I'm sending you a message.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I saw them at the OSU-OKC farmer's market. They have a bunch of good cheese, too.

Braum's for milk. Guarenteed up to 10 days past the expiration date.

Yeah, they say that but they don't stand behind it. Try returning one a day after expiration when it's gone bad. Ha! My friend had the worst experience with that.

I got into an argument about soda refills a long time ago with the Braums. I haven't stepped foot back in one since. They gave me the whole "we don't believe in nothing for free. You have to work or pay for everything in life." I replied with "last I checked, the cost of a soda in fast food was a total of about .o6 cents per cup. So I believe I already paid for the refills when I paid almost $2.00 for the first one." I have heard they now allow refills. Wouldn't know. I absolutely refuse to go.

Oh, and the farmer's market in edmond has fresh eggs and milk.

Quote Originally Posted by kmf563 View Post
    Yeah, they say that but they don't stand behind it. Try returning one a day after expiration when it's gone bad. Ha! My friend had the worst experience with that.

I got into an argument about soda refills a long time ago with the Braums. I haven't stepped foot back in one since. They gave me the whole "we don't believe in nothing for free. You have to work or pay for everything in life." I replied with "last I checked, the cost of a soda in fast food was a total of about .o6 cents per cup. So I believe I already paid for the refills when I paid almost $2.00 for the first one." I have heard they now allow refills. Wouldn't know. I absolutely refuse to go.
    they stand it behind trust me. refills are free, though they used to charge for them. they do stand behind their guarantee and if for some reason they do not i can assure that if it is reported it will be taken care of in a swift fashion.

sorry for your experience. that is not policy.

they have a %100 satisfaction guarantee. and i am amazed at how far the company will go to fulfill it.

For eggs, Native Roots - on Main in downtown Norman. Sterling's Produce also carries some.

CCOKC,

Thanks for posting the link to the co-op...love the recipes!

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried any of the beef roasts?

I am a vegetarian so no. My family has tried a few but I am sorry I cannot remember which supplier it was from.

Thread Information