Widgets Magazine

Thread: Danforth and West...SW Corner

Default Danforth and West...SW Corner

They've cleared the area and are moving a lot of dirt. Any clues to what might be going on with that property?

2. Default Re: Danforth and West...SW Corner

All I see on the county assesor website is that it is commercial vacant land owned by a company called Wawaw LLC out of Stillwater. I've been wondering too what is going in there, but I guess maybe another strip shopping center. Sad. Not as sad as the jerks putting in the apartments right next to the grade school a mile down! Not cool at all! Just the thought of some perv watching the kids out their window up there gives me the creeps! They should have been required to plant big trees to block the view or something. Not that OKC cared as it's an Edmond school. Very, very sad.

Default Re: Danforth and West...SW Corner

Danforth and what street?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Danforth and what street?
    Western...

Just a guess, but being that it is @ an intersection, owned by an entity in Stillwater; I'm going to go ahead and venture that an OnCue is going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Non-Edmondite in Edmond View Post
    Not as sad as the jerks putting in the apartments right next to the grade school a mile down! Not cool at all! Just the thought of some perv watching the kids out their window up there gives me the creeps!
    You need to chill out - thats pretty presumptuous of you to consider that all apartments house pervs. If you are upset due to it possibly bringing down property values, that may be another matter, but I think your above argument is a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Western...

Just a guess, but being that it is @ an intersection, owned by an entity in Stillwater; I'm going to go ahead and venture that an OnCue is going there.
    I would love that! Kind of on the way out of town for me but close to my church, so fairly easy to visit.

There's more action at danforth and western. Anyone know for sure what's happening there?

7. Default Re: Danforth and West...SW Corner

Please let it be an On Cue and not apartments...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Please let it be an On Cue and not apartments...
    No kidding! They look to be trying to pour a small slab but have been hampered by the winter weather. Apartment there would be a huge disappointment.

I just have to say that all apartments DO have perverts.

Are all apartment dwellers perverts? NO, but if you've EVER lived in apartments, you'd know it's true.

Thank goodness I live in a house.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindie8696 View Post
    I just have to say that all apartments DO have perverts.

Are all apartment dwellers perverts? NO, but if you've EVER lived in apartments, you'd know it's true.

Thank goodness I live in a house.
    Wow, talk about shallow and judge mental, I bet your a ball of fun!

Darn, I kinda hoped for an OnCue there.... better than most of the development going on around here... Would have saved me a mile instead of hitting up 7-11.

Yeah hope it doesn't end up as more empty minimall space...that's all we need.

On another note, apparently OKC is widening Danforth/192nd. I'm not sure where to but at least from the city line on over to Western, which is nice since there are a lot more houses and traffic in that are than just a few years ago.

They need to just rebuild Danforth... I feel like I'm dodging bullets trying to weave around potholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach fuzz View Post
    They need to just rebuild Danforth... I feel like I'm dodging bullets trying to weave around potholes.
    Tell me about it, that road is worse than the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    Tell me about it, that road is worse than the moon.
    Where? I don't drive it that much except around Santa Fe, but I never noticed problems...unless you are talking about the part that is in OKC...and in that case, whats new with OKC having moon-like roads near Edmond?

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    Where? I don't drive it that much except around Santa Fe, but I never noticed problems...unless you are talking about the part that is in OKC...and in that case, whats new with OKC having moon-like roads near Edmond?
    Yeah, it's the stretch west of Western until you get to Portland in OKC. You're right, all the current single lane roads and former single lane roads in OKC entering Edmond are moon-like.

[QUOTE=redrunner;334144]Yeah, it's the stretch west of Western until you get to Portland in OKC. You're right, all the current single lane roads and former single lane roads in OKC entering Edmond are moon-like.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's OKC's way of keeping the "Riff RafF" in Edmond. LOL

Yeah, it's the stretch west of Western until you get to Portland in OKC. You're right, all the current single lane roads and former single lane roads in OKC entering Edmond are moon-like.
    For the most part, I would imagine it would stay that way unless the residents put up a fuss. All of those areas are Edmond or Deer Creek Schools, and so OKC doesn't get near as much of the taxes and could care less. At least they are finally doing something with that joke of a road of 164th between Western and Penn...that thing would have been better if they had removed it and put gravel in its place.

Noticed last week there's already a building under construction near the SW corner. Wanna know what it is? *GASP!!* It's ANOTHER Sonic Drive-In!!!! I'm over Sonic already.

Noticed last week there's already a building under construction near the SW corner. Wanna know what it is? *GASP!!* It's ANOTHER Sonic Drive-In!!!! I'm over Sonic already.
    To those who crave X, there can never be enough Sonics out there.

I don't think I've ever eaten at a Sonic, although I would like to be served by someone on rollerskates.

It worries me how many stores sonic is putting out there....while I like sonic for drinks and such, I'm afraid they are overextending themselves in some areas....there are getting to be more sonics than gas stations for goodness sakes!

Thread Information