Widgets Magazine

Thread: I-240 Golden Corral Location

Default I-240 Golden Corral Location

I have just heard from my wife who drove by the I-240 Golden Corrall location this morning that it is gone, the building has been torn down as well. Does anyone have any info about what might be happening or happened to this golden corrall location?

Default Re: I-240 Golden Corrall Location

i noticed late as well tuesday i notice it was gone, first i thought it was santa fe, but no its golden corral, i wonder why, they where crowded all the time.. also at the old hometown location, it says buffet coming soon

from what i've heard it's still going to be a golden corral... unfortunately.

-M

I fired off an e-mail to the corporate office about what is going on at this location, I will post the info on it when I hear back.

It will be a new bigger and better Golden Corral buffet, just like new one on NW Expwy.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    from what i've heard it's still going to be a golden corral... unfortunately.

-M
    *shrug* why is it unfortunate? Its not like we don't have a plethora of dining options in OKC. I don't care for Golden Corral, but at least it isnt yet another another bland generic Mexican restaurant.

i think that the space could have been used for something better... while okc does have some good places to dine, the i-240 corridor could use some nicer options... no offense intended to those who like golden corral; it's just my opinion.

-M

8. Default Re: I-240 Golden Corrall Location

Just a renovation. They had a sign up before they tore the old one down.

I pass that every day going to/from work. There's a sign up (although it's been droopy the last few days) that says they are indeed coming back "bigger and better." The site has been completely cleared.

The new GC on NW Expy is catycorner from my office...not real thrilled about that. As it is right now, we can smell Church's Fried Chicken when the wind is blowing just right...makes me a little afraid of what we're going to smell with GC opens.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    I pass that every day going to/from work. There's a sign up (although it's been droopy the last few days) that says they are indeed coming back "bigger and better." The site has been completely cleared.

The new GC on NW Expy is catycorner from my office...not real thrilled about that. As it is right now, we can smell Church's Fried Chicken when the wind is blowing just right...makes me a little afraid of what we're going to smell with GC opens.
    Wonderfull aromas I bet...

The Golden Corral I've seen them putting up in Edmond is ENORMOUS....I'd rather not have something quite that big.

Its disappointing that we're getting a bigger Golden Corral, but we're losing (well, have already lost) our Interurban.

FYI, the Buffet in the old HomeTown location is something called "York Buffet."

Caboose, I hear ya - part of me isn't crazy about a bigger, uglier Golden Corral, but then again I sure don't want to see Yet Another Freaking Mexican Restaurant (YAFMR).

Hey...YAFMR...a new Internet acronym? (grin)

I thought the Golden Corrall in Edmond on S. Broadway closed a few yrs ago it didnt last long, and has been vacant ever since it closed.

Default Re: I-240 Golden Corral Location

Haven't been on 240 in a spell, dinna know GC had been cleared. Been there many times in days gone by, never a bad meal. It is what it is, nutthin to get weepy over, but dependable and quick while still being many stages beyond the gotta unwrap it to eat it chow halls.

I visited GC when it first opened years ago, and it was quite decent. Something, however, happened along the way, and somehow it just turned....well....nasty.

Maybe the new building will improve things...?

btw the Golden Corral on NWE has their ribbon cutting next Friday August 21.

applewood bacon wrapped chicken ...yummy. I'm surprised they put up with me when I go in these places ... we don't call them rattle rattle here come da cattle grazing pastures without reason.

I'm guessing the Western Sizzlin at 240 and Penn is ready for several months of banner business with the 2 other buffets closed (for the time being)

Thread Information