Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dear MWC CoC

1. Default Dear MWC CoC

Anything on an ad campaign to revamp the image of MWC?

I still feel like MWC has a bad rap when it comes to people from other metro cities.

Default Re: Dear MWC CoC

How about a new slogan: We're better than Del City.

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    How about a new slogan: We're better than Del City.
    Hey, now, careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Hey, now, careful.

Opps, Del City boy, are ya? (Gulp)

5. Default Re: Dear MWC CoC

"We Don't Condem Our Apartments"

6. Default Re: Dear MWC CoC

yeah, we're the place where the spirit flies high... i support our military, but man, midwest city doesn't just have all military.

Her's a good one. "MWC,if you don't like Hi-Speed internet,and no at&t U-verse development,move here.

8. Default Re: Dear MWC CoC

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
    Her's a good one. "MWC,if you don't like Hi-Speed internet,and no at&t U-verse development,move here.
    And where do you get that? Both services are available in MWC....the only places it wouldn't be are out in the middle of nowhere. I had Cox everwhere i lived in MWC, and family members have had AT&T DSL....so????

Unfortunately, no U-Verse available in my neck of the woods of Del City.

Our neighborhood (north of the OM) isn't able to get U-verse either, according to the website.

11. Default Re: Dear MWC CoC

Must be lines they haven't updated yet. That's hilarious that the OM can get it but others cant. I'd take Cox over AT&T any day of the week though.

12. Default Re: Dear MWC CoC

I lived both in and now west of the OM and have had unconventionally high speed internet access for the past four years now.

I've had high-speed internet through Cox since 1998. Roadrunner was first and it wasn't very good, but the Cox version is outstanding.

I'd rather have MWC continue to be the best kept secret of the metro area - the quality of life is better without huge traffic problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri101 View Post
    I've had high-speed internet through Cox since 1998. Roadrunner was first and it wasn't very good, but the Cox version is outstanding.

I'd rather have MWC continue to be the best kept secret of the metro area - the quality of life is better without huge traffic problems.
    I agree... I moved here in 2008. I love it because my commute to work is roughly 5 minutes (8 if I catch every light). I can shop for anything and not have to travel more than 5 minutes from my house. Not to mention, the majority of drivers know how to drive. Not too fast, not to slow. The only reason I leave Midwest City is to go to my doctor (Sorry not giving her up she is a hottie and she's good.) and visit my family.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonroe View Post
    Anything on an ad campaign to revamp the image of MWC?

I still feel like MWC has a bad rap when it comes to people from other metro cities.
    I've only lived her for a couple of years, but I think you're right. My daughter, who was living in Edmond, kinda cringed at the thought of visiting my house in MWC. Now that she's spent some time here, she's found that the mother of her best friend from Edmond has her office less than a half mile from my house and the sister of that same best friend lives a couple of blocks away. All Midwest City needs is a little push, a little pride, and some corporate believers.

16. Default Re: Dear MWC CoC

@taomaas, thank you

17. Default Re: Dear MWC CoC

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    I agree... I moved here in 2008. I love it because my commute to work is roughly 5 minutes (8 if I catch every light). I can shop for anything and not have to travel more than 5 minutes from my house. Not to mention, the majority of drivers know how to drive. Not too fast, not to slow. The only reason I leave Midwest City is to go to my doctor (Sorry not giving her up she is a hottie and she's good.) and visit my family.
    Tell us more.... about the doctor.

Thread Information