Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sooner Road Construction

1. Default Sooner Road Construction

I do believe it's the stretch between 59th and 44th on Sooner...

Can you talk about crappy road construction... I thought it was suppose to be a resurfacing.. but it's a shoddy job. It's like kindergarteners did it.

Anyone else know what i'm talking about?

Default Re: Sooner Road Construction

What do you have against kindergarteners?

Yeah - it's bad - wonder how much that company made!

3. Default Re: Sooner Road Construction

They used that same cheap slurry crap that sucks. It's supposed to make the road last a little longer before they do a real job. But I think the road was better BEFORE they put that crap down. And what's the deal with being how many weeks now and all they have are the center lines????

And I wish they'd put a turn lane in at the Embers light. I HATE getting stuck behind all those people turning into either neighborhood!!! It's backs up traffic and if you aren't paying attenion, it can (and has) caused several wrecks.

And what about that ****ty job they did at the railroad crossing? It's worse than it was before. Now you're car does an off-road BMX style leap when you cross. There's nothing at-grade about it. Whoever is responsible for Sooner has FAILED MISERABLY.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    And what about that ****ty job they did at the railroad crossing? It's worse than it was before. Now you're car does an off-road BMX style leap when you cross. There's nothing at-grade about it. Whoever is responsible for Sooner has FAILED MISERABLY.
    Speaking of rail crossings...

Bryant at 240 (where the rail crosses) seems really dangerous for vehicles, but seems even more dangerous for the trains.

There are chunks of metal that stick so far up, I wonder if it won't catch passing trains eventually.

Seems really dangerous.

And I wish they'd put a turn lane in at the Embers light. I HATE getting stuck behind all those people turning into either neighborhood!!! It's backs up traffic and if you aren't paying attenion, it can (and has) caused several wrecks.

Sooner road is a chief pinnacle route for cutting through residential areas. If they put a light up at one neighborhood, they might as well install lights at all neighborhood entry points.

6. Default Re: Sooner Road Construction

It's not my pinnacle route for cutting through residential areas, it's my way to 240 to get on the highway everyday to go to work and come home. I don't even see how you would use it as a cut through. In my opinion, you have the base on one side an a few residential neighborhood turn ins. The only reason there is a turn light at 48th/Embers is because thats the only turn in on both sides of the street for a neighborhood.

....this
    dont get me started on that crossing

I agree. The crossing is extremely bumpy. I can't believe this was accepted by the city.

I would like to point out that Ok City Controls all of Sooner from SE 29th to NOrman,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

10. Default Re: Sooner Road Construction

Yeah, and they suck at it right now.

11. Default Re: Sooner Road Construction

Might be interesting to know that they are putting in a light at 82nd st. Which is GREAT for me since I live on 82nd. That means when I have to turn left to southbound sooner, I won't have to fight it anymore...especially taking the kiddos to school later.

Might be interesting to know that they are putting in a light at 82nd st. Which is GREAT for me since I live on 82nd. That means when I have to turn left to southbound sooner, I won't have to fight it anymore...especially taking the kiddos to school later.
    That sounds nice but what is that going to do to northbound Sooner traffic during rush hour? Its already a nightmare between 7 and 8:30am. Especially those of us that go northbound Sooner at locations south of 82nd. Is this because of the hospital?

13. Default Re: Sooner Road Construction

I think they got tired of having to respond to traffic accidents because people go 50 and don't pay attention to the person in front of them slowing down. People on both sides back up into the neighborhoods waiting to be able to go...sometimes I have to wait a full 5 minutes to turn RIGHT (north).

Like with any new light, it will frustrate the crap out of the poeple that have to stop, but will make those in the neighboorhoods very happy. But of course, just as they did for the entrance to the hospital....they haven't actually added a turn lane, so it's still going to make turning INTO the neighborhoods, a fight....which is where the wrecks happen....just look at the light at the Embers entrance farther up north on Sooner.

Another example of how a project that COULD have really helped, is going to fail. The hospital entrance should have allowed for a turning lane into the gas stations in BOTH directions to pull the turning traffic OUT of the flow lanes. And 82nd should have a turn lane INTO both sides of the neighborhood. But no, they won't put the cash into making it work properly.

Thread Information