Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Oklahoma

Default Abandoned Oklahoma

I am sure most of you are aware if this site, I was not. For those who are not it is so interesting. Buildings and towns through out Oklahoma that have fallen into disrepair and abandonment. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.abandonedok.com/

Default Re: Abandoned Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by rondvu View Post
    I am sure most of you are aware if this site, I was not. For those who are not it is so interesting. Buildings and towns through out Oklahoma that have fallen into disrepair and abandonment. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.abandonedok.com/
    C.B. Spiegel Stadium OKC

Abandoned Oklahoma
    Excellent site. I had never heard of it, thank you for posting. I love sites like that. I also like to take pics of those abandoned places and love to feel the spirits talking and whispering the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by papaOU View Post
    C.B. Spiegel Stadium OKC
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    Are you serious?
    It was a joke.

Whew! I ain't rill brite.

Whew! I ain't rill brite.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uh, you think????? or do you??????

Abandoned Oklahoma
    Nice find, thanks for posting it.

Are you serious?
    Have you seen the place Friday nights during football season. I bet the fieldhouse is during basketball season!!

10. Default Re: Abandoned Oklahoma

Very interesting site. I almost started a website for a similar concept focusing on Oklahoma City. I still own the domain I was going to use: lostokc.com. I don't have the time to do anything with it now, but if anybody is interested, send me a PM. Thanks for posting the Abandoned Oklahoma site, very interesting.

Abandoned Oklahoma
    great find i have really enjoyed looking at the videos

The photos of the old Paige Woodson school are rather haunting. Reminds me of the Harding school building. My daughter's volleyball team played a match there against the Harding Charter team a few years ago. Although Harding isn't in the same state of disrepair, it was also kinda spooky.

According to my children who go to Harding parts of this movie was filmed there.
    Fingerprints (2006)

Read about it on The Lost Ogle.

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    According to my children who go to Harding parts of this movie was filmed there.
    Fingerprints (2006)
    Just looked at the trailer.....Lou Diamond Phillips.........that's enough to scare you....................

16. Default Re: Abandoned Oklahoma

Thank you everyone for the Kudos!

Go check it out! The Chilocco Indian School REVISITED Superpost!! Over 400 photos, more history, a Historic Photo Gallery, and MUCH MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by The AbandonedOK Team View Post
    Thank you everyone for the Kudos!

Go check it out! The Chilocco Indian School REVISITED Superpost!! Over 400 photos, more history, a Historic Photo Gallery, and MUCH MORE!
    Went and checked out some of those on the site, some are really pretty creepy!

I went Pheasant Hunting this past Saturday....Walked too much for an old man and am paying dearly for it. However, I noticed that there were numerous houses that were just abandoned....Some of the houses were small in structure but at one time they were home to someone's family. A couple of them were nice looking Large old homes that had so much potential but....they gave up the ghost and moved to the city for a better life??????

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    I went Pheasant Hunting this past Saturday....Walked too much for an old man and am paying dearly for it. However, I noticed that there were numerous houses that were just abandoned....Some of the houses were small in structure but at one time they were home to someone's family. A couple of them were nice looking Large old homes that had so much potential but....they gave up the ghost and moved to the city for a better life??????
    Panhandle?

Panhandle?
    ================================================== ==========
    Yes......it seemed so sad to see that. There was one Large home still in perfect condition barns, fences, even the Equipment was still there...the Lady was a widow and she moved from there 10 years ago and wanted everything to look like it did when her husband died. She leased the land with the agreement the guy that leased it would take care of it like he lived there....She won't rent the house and buildings....She moved about 95 miles away bought another house...

Thanks for the link. My son does a lot of photography and posts on different flickr groups. I'll forward the link to him because I am sure he'd enjoy it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Generals64 View Post
    ================================================== ==========
    Yes......it seemed so sad to see that. There was one Large home still in perfect condition barns, fences, even the Equipment was still there...the Lady was a widow and she moved from there 10 years ago and wanted everything to look like it did when her husband died. She leased the land with the agreement the guy that leased it would take care of it like he lived there....She won't rent the house and buildings....She moved about 95 miles away bought another house...
    I always found that odd how folks can just get up and leave and take nothing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by grantgeneral78 View Post
    I always found that odd how folks can just get up and leave and take nothing with them.
    At this point, I envy them

Back to packing...

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post

Back to packing...
    Ha Ha .....you may be right!

Good luck on your packing.....

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post

Back to packing...