Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dos Gabachos closed?

Default Dos Gabachos closed?

Drove by Dos Gabachos on Danforth today and it looked closed. The place had really gone down hill over the last few years but I thought it could hang on.

Default Re: Dos Gabachos closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Earl View Post
    Drove by Dos Gabachos on Danforth today and it looked closed. The place had really gone down hill over the last few years but I thought it could hang on.
    I heard of someone going there within the last couple of weeks. I don't think it is closed.

Why did they change their name from Poblano Grill? I think that's how everyone I know knew the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by scootinger View Post
    Why did they change their name from Poblano Grill? I think that's how everyone I know knew the restaurant.
    http://www.okctalk.com/food-restaura...-gabachos.html

They are indeed closed...there is a sign in the window that says "Out Of Business."

Quote Originally Posted by scootinger View Post
    They are indeed closed...there is a sign in the window that says "Out Of Business."
    Yeah I thought of this thread the other day when I drove by there and from a distance it looked closed...I guess just goes to show you that even if places get a lot of business, if they aren't run soundly, this can happen...unless they just decided to go out of the business on the spur of the moment.

Man, that was a busy, busy place! Used to be long wait lines, etc! Very sad. I ate there a few weeks ago. I loved their potatos. Darn!

I heard that the owners did not pay their taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I heard that the owners did not pay their taxes.
    That's what I heard as well. It was on the news this last week.

I heard it was around $78,000 in sales taxes since 2007. Ouch. They were good people, I just don't know how they went so long without paying sales taxes.

We have been there a few times and the last couple were not impressed. I must say that pablano grill is the place to go.

The food was ok the last time we were there, but the service wasn't that great.

13. Default Re: Dos Gabachos closed?

Pretty much if you know anything about Dos, you know Brian was the problem. He was more concerned with socializing than running the place correctly and after Cary left (he was smart enough to take his college degree and run away rather than buy in) and Gaby bought in with Brian we knew it was just a matter of time before it folded. Poor Gaby. He got shafted in the deal and we just hope he didn't lose his house over his bad decision to be Brian's partner (which EVERYONE tried to warn him against). Oh well... it's very sad, and would be interesting to know more about the after-math, like where Gaby is now and how he's doing, but whatever happens to Brian is his own fault and he should be ashamed of letting such a nice place run into the ground like that.

Thread Information