Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zuma ( formerly The Drunken Fry)

Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Someone please correct me if I am mistaken. But I don’t believe that Ian ever owned it
    Ran it, owned it, something, right? Either way, it just seemed like it got stale over the past few years, and had lots of issues. I've not been impressed for a while. Love the fries though!

Man, it’s gotten so bad. I checked in about 6 months ago and it was just grizzled young people guzzling cheap beer and endlessly smoking cigarettes. I would not be surprised if the new owners had chosen not to renew the lease. They’ve done 0 upkeep and improvements. And it was built pretty flimsily at the beginning. Plywood and black paint can only last so long. I noticed the last time I was there that the ceiling was collapsing and most of the furniture was in tatters. I left when I needed to use the men’s room but didn’t have the courage to go in one.

3. Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Yeah, don’t remember if Ian had a percentage or not, but there were other owners behind it, mostly. Ian was essentially an employee there, which is why he (thankfully) partnered with Hailey and with his dad to build/open The Pump and then Bunker. I appreciate his time at DF, but he was destined for bigger and better things, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    Man, it’s gotten so bad. I checked in about 6 months ago and it was just grizzled young people guzzling cheap beer and endlessly smoking cigarettes. I would not be surprised if the new owners had chosen not to renew the lease. They’ve done 0 upkeep and improvements. And it was built pretty flimsily at the beginning. Plywood and black paint can only last so long. I noticed the last time I was there that the ceiling was collapsing and most of the furniture was in tatters. I left when I needed to use the men’s room but didn’t have the courage to go in one.
    I've only been there once, about 4 years ago, and it was exactly as you just described it. Not sure what the appeal was for this place.

I've heard some (wholly unsubstantiated) rumors that the north side of the Donnay building (Fry, record store, salon) is going to be renovated into a dispensary. Also some rumors that the Fry will be "re-established" somewhere else with new staff. Looking forward to some real facts from Pete.

Hearing they're moving to 12th and Western. Doing something in association with Good Times.

Quote Originally Posted by Paseofreak View Post
    Hearing they're moving to 12th and Western. Doing something in association with Good Times.
    First impression is that this is probably the best location for them besides Classen Circle.

Drunken Fry relocating from Classen Circle

As the new owners of Classen Circle ready for renovations to the historic Donnay Building, long-time tenant Drunken Fry closed its doors on Friday night will plans to soon reopen at a new location.

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

Rod Meyer of the Deep Fork Restaurant Group is partnering with Shyon Keoppel for the new spot, to be located in the former Beauty's Cafe building at 1244 N. Western.

Keoppel owns the building, Meyer is the proprietor of the previous Drunken Fry and added to the mix, Zack Moore and Claire Hampton will operate across from their current hit propect, Good Times.

Moore, Hampton and Keoppel are all partners in Good Times at 1234 N. Western and the restaurant and bar has already found a loyal following with the large patio often packed in the evenings. Good Times took over from the former Fat Dog Kitchen and Bar.

The new location will feature a 1,865 square foot building that dates back to 1910 and has long been vacant and dilapidated. Keoppel bought it in 2016 and originally proposed El Jefe, a taco concept before forcusing on Kong's Tavern and the Greystone Lounge in Bricktown.

The new Drunken Fry will keep the same menu, a long list of fries served with inventive dips and sauces, such as garlic aioli, chipotle BBQ and Dr. Pepper syrup ketchup. They will still offer a large variety of beers and update their cocktail menu.

Perhaps the biggest change will be the move to a non-smoking establishment.

The L-shaped building will feature a long bar, booths and a spot for occasional DJ's.

Initial work has already commenced with the hope patrons will flow freely between the new Drunken Fry and Good Times.

[/SIZE]

As the new owners of Classen Circle ready for renovations to the historic Donnay Building, long-time tenant Drunken Fry closed its doors on Friday night will plans to soon reopen at a new location.

Rod Meyer of the Deep Fork Restaurant Group is partnering with Shyon Keoppel for the new spot, to be located in the former Beauty's Cafe building at 1244 N. Western.

Keoppel owns the building, Meyer is the proprietor of the previous Drunken Fry and added to the mix, Zack Moore and Claire Hampton will operate across from their current hit propect, Good Times.

Moore, Hampton and Keoppel are all partners in Good Times at 1234 N. Western and the restaurant and bar has already found a loyal following with the large patio often packed in the evenings. Good Times took over from the former Fat Dog Kitchen and Bar.

The new location will feature a 1,865 square foot building that dates back to 1910 and has long been vacant and dilapidated. Keoppel bought it in 2016 and originally proposed El Jefe, a taco concept before forcusing on Kong's Tavern and the Greystone Lounge in Bricktown.

The new Drunken Fry will keep the same menu, a long list of fries served with inventive dips and sauces, such as garlic aioli, chipotle BBQ and Dr. Pepper syrup ketchup. They will still offer a large variety of beers and update their cocktail menu.

Perhaps the biggest change will be the move to a non-smoking establishment.

The L-shaped building will feature a long bar, booths and a spot for occasional DJ's.

Initial work has already commenced with the hope patrons will flow freely between the new Drunken Fry and Good Times.

Blog Entries

Pete, your aerial overview shows what a great development area exists between Classen and Western. BTW, great shot.

Hopefully more parking will go in on the west side of the building. However, I'm curious if the advent of ride sharing apps is now a determining factor in lot size.

Awesome news! Loving Goodtimes, glad to see growth coming in around them.

Unexpected and awesome for that area. With all of the dilapidated/vacant buildings over there, let's hope another entertainment district develops.

They have been making good progress at their new spot.

Should be open in another month or so.

They are close to opening in their new spot.

They have opened at the new spot.

Blog Entries

whoa, that snuck up

No sign yet and not much on social media, but they will have some live comedy on certain nights.

It's a small place. Completely nonsmoking now.

Did they keep the same food menu as the previous location?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Did they keep the same food menu as the previous location?
    I don't know. They have posted very little thus far.

I suspect it will be similar as the one of main partners is still involved.

The Drunken Fry posted this to Facebook today:

"We are getting everything ready, including our plan to re-open safely and with the most fun for everyone that has missed us!
    We have missed you all too!
    Stay tuned for more updates in the coming week!"

They've been closed since March 15. I haven't seen or heard anything about Good Times across the street reopening, but both bars closed at the same time and both have had handwritten notes up on their doors since then saying that they plan on reopening eventually.

Wew, scared me that they were closing when I saw a new post about them!
    I miss Good Times/Drunken Fry

Drunken Fry has reopened.

Good Times remains closed.

Did anything go into the old Drunken Fry spot in Donnay?
    It's been so many things, I liked when it was the place with the dog friendly patio, Chicas.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Did anything go into the old Drunken Fry spot in Donnay?
    It's been so many things, I liked when it was the place with the dog friendly patio, Chicas.
    Nothing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Drunken Fry has reopened.

Good Times remains closed.

But whyyy. This place was finally getting a foothold before the virus. Prime patio weather right now, too.

Thread Information