Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Zuma ( formerly The Drunken Fry)

Default Re: The Drunken Fry

innovative concept. thanks for joining OKCTalk. Great to have proprietors involved. Can one order some to go, for those of us who don't enjoy smoke or the bar scene?

why should your staff smoke on the clock period?

Thanks for all the inside information Drunken Fry! And welcome to OKCTalk. I'm looking forward to visiting your business. Good luck to you.

Metro - all bar staff smoke while working in smoking establishments. It's just courteous for them to smoke off to the side or wait until customers light up.

so does that make it right, because so and so does it? again, we're behind the times, you won't find people smoking in clubs/bars in California or New York.

Well because so and so don't do it in Cali/NY doesn't mean we shouldn't. I'm sick of hearing how behind the times we are. This isn't Cali or NY and I like Oklahoma. I don't want it to become one of those. It's like that "Don't Edmond my Norman" slogan..."Don't California my Oklahoma."

tip: sit next to the ventilation bank on the ext. wall, all the air moves the other direction.
    That explains my good experience with the (lack of) smoke; I took a window seat.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    so does that make it right, because so and so does it? again, we're behind the times, you won't find people smoking in clubs/bars in California or New York.
    Are you sure about that?

Chicago & Cleveland are smoke free as well.

Yeah, most major cities are. But no worry we're a "Big League City."

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    u will also find people in CA/NY destorying the economy

lets be just like them

10. Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Went to the Fry last night...it was terrific! The fries were great, beer selection was solid, the $5 PBR + a shot special is unbeatable. The service started getting patchy toward the end of the evening...didn't stay late, but it seemed like they were understaffed. The place was about half full...not bad for a Sunday night! Highly recommend.

I went Friday night. Talked to the owner, Ian I think is his name. We had good service. We ordered a large each because the posters here told us the servings were small but we couldn't finish our orders. Ian informed us he had taken heed of the people's complaints and had increased the portions. We liked it a lot and will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    Went to the Fry last night...it was terrific! The fries were great, beer selection was solid, the $5 PBR + a shot special is unbeatable. The service started getting patchy toward the end of the evening...didn't stay late, but it seemed like they were understaffed. The place was about half full...not bad for a Sunday night! Highly recommend.
    $5 for a PBR? Ouch.

Only in Oklahoma would they classify PBR as an import.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    $5 for a PBR? Ouch.

Only in Oklahoma would they classify PBR as an import.
    If I ever pay $5 for a PBR it would have been the last beer on earth.

I'm sure the "and a shot" portion is taking some of those 5 dollars as well, right?

15. Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Read for content guys. You get a big PBR and a SHOT. For instance, I had a shot of Jack Daniel's old number 7 and about a 16oz PBR for $5. I defy you to find a better 24/7 deal other than a drown night.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    u will also find people in CA/NY destorying the economy

lets be just like them
    Only in Oklahoma do people relish in being backwater....

People like Metro aren't ripping this state because they like other places that much better, they are ripping it because they want us to be better. Small-mindedness is nothing to be proud of.

It is not small minded to refuse to be ashamed of your state. I have had the opportunity to live elsewhere so can compare it to other places. In some areas Oklahoma is MUCH, much better. In others, not. If you are looking for an urban experience such as what you would find in NYC, you are going to be out of luck in OKC. New Yorkers are a completely different breed than Oklahomans. If you want the Oklahoma experience, don't go there. And bitching and moaning won't make NYC or Austin or Atlanta or Washington or Seattle or Denver be Oklahoma City. They are all different. OKC is my dream place - the pace, the wide open spaces, I even love the wind. My kids love NYC. Different strokes. Just because OKC isn't just like some of these other places is not a problem and appreciating it is certainly not small minded. It is small minded to assume that the rest of the world is better than Oklahoma. And it isn't backwater. If you lived elsewhere for any length of time, you'd realize that. It is just different.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    Read for content guys. You get a big PBR and a SHOT. For instance, I had a shot of Jack Daniel's old number 7 and about a 16oz PBR for $5. I defy you to find a better 24/7 deal other than a drown night.
    Sorry, reading comp is all used up.

19. Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Hello again okctalk peeps it's Ian again, sorry for the lapse in reponse it's been a busy week!

yes I have increased the sizes as per feedback on this forum! The regular is now the large the large is now the big daddy and the big daddy is now a MASSIVE parchment cone of crispy shoestring fries.

Yes also that $5 PBR comes with a shot of anything in the house except my single malt scotches, and ultra premium spirits; patron, chopin vodka, etc.

call me crazy but a PBR and a jack daniels is $5 and a jack daniels is $6! although the jack by itself is %50 larger pour =) I love drinking cheap just as much as the next guy. But if you're feeling like westmalle dubble and highland park 18 neat with a splash of soda I've got that too.

And yes we all smoke it's a service industry thing, but we are all vigilant about the hand washing and no hands EVER touch the frites!

I was interested in the OKC vs BIG CITY talk. My 2cents is: I've been all around the world in my short years on this planet and experienced everything from scary dirty metropolis to scary clean&wholesome villages. And I can honestly say I love OKC for it's blend of culture AND "backwoods". OKC; It's a little bit country...it's a little bit ROCK&ROOLLLLLA.

When the day comes when we can't simultaneously smoke cigarettes, hork down BBQ ribs, and gulp kentucky bourbon in a public place for all to watch our blatant disregard for health and couth! We will have lost a little bit of what I believe america is all about; everyone doing what they want no matter what the consequences!

But seriously sarcasm aside this is one of the last places where people can smoke in a public place and as a smoker I really do enjoy and appreciate the luxury. That being said I do make great efforts to make my non-smoking peeps comfortable, and will continue to do so.

And to the patchy service I do apologize, the Fry makes a bit of a transition from tavern/pub to bar at night, seats fill up, crowd gets louder, energy levels rise and the service regretably has less time to socialize with the clientele. BUT, I do pride myself on service! It is my #1 priority to provide the best bar service in town. Come check out hailey the nights she works, she is my shining star of customer service...I'll be submitting her for gazette's best server of okc 2010.

Bye all, I'm headed up to the fry for ladies night and miller highlife drown =)
    it's 90's night this week too.
    Ian

20. Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Sorry, reading comp is all used up.
    Understandably. Look forward to hearing of your passing the bar.

21. Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfry View Post
    Hello again okctalk peeps it's Ian again, sorry for the lapse in reponse it's been a busy week!

yes I have increased the sizes as per feedback on this forum! The regular is now the large the large is now the big daddy and the big daddy is now a MASSIVE parchment cone of crispy shoestring fries.

Yes also that $5 PBR comes with a shot of anything in the house except my single malt scotches, and ultra premium spirits; patron, chopin vodka, etc.

call me crazy but a PBR and a jack daniels is $5 and a jack daniels is $6! although the jack by itself is %50 larger pour =) I love drinking cheap just as much as the next guy. But if you're feeling like westmalle dubble and highland park 18 neat with a splash of soda I've got that too.

And yes we all smoke it's a service industry thing, but we are all vigilant about the hand washing and no hands EVER touch the frites!

I was interested in the OKC vs BIG CITY talk. My 2cents is: I've been all around the world in my short years on this planet and experienced everything from scary dirty metropolis to scary clean&wholesome villages. And I can honestly say I love OKC for it's blend of culture AND "backwoods". OKC; It's a little bit country...it's a little bit ROCK&ROOLLLLLA.

When the day comes when we can't simultaneously smoke cigarettes, hork down BBQ ribs, and gulp kentucky bourbon in a public place for all to watch our blatant disregard for health and couth! We will have lost a little bit of what I believe america is all about; everyone doing what they want no matter what the consequences!

But seriously sarcasm aside this is one of the last places where people can smoke in a public place and as a smoker I really do enjoy and appreciate the luxury. That being said I do make great efforts to make my non-smoking peeps comfortable, and will continue to do so.

And to the patchy service I do apologize, the Fry makes a bit of a transition from tavern/pub to bar at night, seats fill up, crowd gets louder, energy levels rise and the service regretably has less time to socialize with the clientele. BUT, I do pride myself on service! It is my #1 priority to provide the best bar service in town. Come check out hailey the nights she works, she is my shining star of customer service...I'll be submitting her for gazette's best server of okc 2010.

Bye all, I'm headed up to the fry for ladies night and miller highlife drown =)
    it's 90's night this week too.
    Ian
    Thanks for keeping us updated, and thanks for your twitter updates. I'll be the first to admit I like reading the DF's updates to find out what's going on!, esp what playlists are on the iPods.

Tried it last night. Great sauces and fries. They were out of PBR, so it was High Life and a Shot, still a good deal. And Ian, I really want to steal that rooster in the bathroom!

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    It is not small minded to refuse to be ashamed of your state. I have had the opportunity to live elsewhere so can compare it to other places. In some areas Oklahoma is MUCH, much better. In others, not. If you are looking for an urban experience such as what you would find in NYC, you are going to be out of luck in OKC. New Yorkers are a completely different breed than Oklahomans. If you want the Oklahoma experience, don't go there. And bitching and moaning won't make NYC or Austin or Atlanta or Washington or Seattle or Denver be Oklahoma City. They are all different. OKC is my dream place - the pace, the wide open spaces, I even love the wind. My kids love NYC. Different strokes. Just because OKC isn't just like some of these other places is not a problem and appreciating it is certainly not small minded. It is small minded to assume that the rest of the world is better than Oklahoma. And it isn't backwater. If you lived elsewhere for any length of time, you'd realize that. It is just different.
    Well said.

24. Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    Exactly. Right in the vein of "Don't Edmond My Norman"...."Don't NYC My OKC."

25. Default Re: The Drunken Fry

Quote Originally Posted by the_Mont View Post
    Tried it last night. Great sauces and fries. They were out of PBR, so it was High Life and a Shot, still a good deal. And Ian, I really want to steal that rooster in the bathroom!
    Suppliers left me hanging on PBR yesterday so I used highlife left from sunday. It's back on today. And yes...everyone wants my rooster/cock, I've had to chase a couple of people down the sidewalk for it!

Sorry I wasn't here to serve ya, monday is my take everything home and do the weeksend paperwork day. =(

Thread Information