Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 86 of 86
  1. #76

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Thanks for the link CCOKC.
    Supporting documents helps in a debate.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,179
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by USG '60 View Post
    The more legitimate question would be why SHOULD the gov't even THINK about guaranteeing a "living" wage.
    If decades from now robots have taken over most of the jobs, the government has best start figuring out how to come up with a living wage for everyone affected. A tax on robots?

  3. #78

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Bunty, you are channeling Thunder.

  4. #79

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    If decades from now robots have taken over most of the jobs, the government has best start figuring out how to come up with a living wage for everyone affected. A tax on robots?
    No problem, the world will need 8 billion robot mechanics and those suckers all make top dollar. It'll all be good because everyone will be making a million bucks per year. Minimum Wage will not be needed. Finally the world will be fixed.

  5. #80

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Uh wait i have to work then ?
    if so the world needs to be fixed a bit longer.

  6. #81

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    If decades from now robots have taken over most of the jobs, the government has best start figuring out how to come up with a living wage for everyone affected. A tax on robots?
    Right, because it is the government's job to take care of us.

  7. #82

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Go to the Journal Record website of homes over $1 million, we have a few, whether or not they in debt to their eyesballs trying to keep with with the Bennetts, or the McClendons eh who cares.
    I know a few folks who have worked hard,saved, and oh my GOD! sacrifice a few wants and sometimes a few needs to have million dollar homes if they wanted too.
    But instead sent their kids to good colleges/universities and gave them a good head start,after they taught them hard work is important, birthrights is not part of the real world or not a measurement of potential.
    Its what responsible parents do.
    LIFE ISNT FAIR, BUT SOCIETY SHOULD BE in giving out a shot at reaching potential.

  8. Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    I just read the notes posted for everyone to read at Crest last Tuesday and it was saying that everyone's hours must be cut due to the raise. They have not cut mine (yet) and I am still at 20 hours a week. People will be furious when they keep on hiring, because there is no point in hiring when everyone is losing their hours.

    Personally, they should raise everything in that store by 10 cents, rather than cutting people's hours. Crest make a bunch of profits, so honestly, I do not see the need to cut people's hours. Walmart and Target pays above minimum wage and do just fine.

  9. #84

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by gmwise View Post
    Go to the Journal Record website of homes over $1 million, we have a few, whether or not they in debt to their eyesballs trying to keep with with the Bennetts, or the McClendons eh who cares.
    I know a few folks who have worked hard,saved, and oh my GOD! sacrifice a few wants and sometimes a few needs to have million dollar homes if they wanted too.
    But instead sent their kids to good colleges/universities and gave them a good head start,after they taught them hard work is important, birthrights is not part of the real world or not a measurement of potential.
    Its what responsible parents do.
    LIFE ISNT FAIR, BUT SOCIETY SHOULD BE in giving out a shot at reaching potential.
    Didn't you already post this in the OKC Millionaires thread? What does millionaires homes have to do with the minimum wage recently going up?

  10. #85

    Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Didn't you already post this in the OKC Millionaires thread? What does millionaires homes have to do with the minimum wage recently going up?
    It is in several threads. Don't know what is up with that.

  11. Default Re: Minimum Wage Increase

    As predicted, they hired another Sacker. Whats the point? Oh well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OK leads nation in percentage hybrid sales increase
    By betts in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
  2. Raise minimum wage
    By Survey in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 05:48 AM
  3. Gas tax increase?
    By Patrick in forum Politics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 01:27 PM
  4. Gas Tax increase...shocking isn't it?
    By Patrick in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 01:46 PM
  5. Minimum wage going up?
    By Keith in forum Businesses & Employers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO