Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T. Boone Pickens Has His Signature in Driveway Stolen

Default T. Boone Pickens Has His Signature in Driveway Stolen

This act by Pickens is arrogant and childish. Wasn't he supposed to request it first? Maybe Pickens figured the owner of his signature would demand an outrageous amount even for him, so he would just go in and arrange to have it stolen. It was apparently done on right of way, so city of Holdenville may get involved. Story here: http://newsok.com/t.-boone-pickens-s...rticle/3385134 At least the home wasn't swiped for old time sakes.

2. Default Re: T. Boone Pickens Has His Signature in Driveway Stolen

It did seem a bit odd, but then again, old men with tons of money do odd things, but it's usually more along the lines of marrying 30 year-old women! ;-)

I'm guessing if Pickens has that man's car renovated to look EXACTLY like a brand new BMW then all the fuss will go away. (Like a scene I saw in Boston Legal!) ;-)

Default Re: T. Boone Pickens Has His Signature in Driveway Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    It did seem a bit odd, but then again, old men with tons of money do odd things, but it's usually more along the lines of marrying 30 year-old women! ;-)

I'm guessing if Pickens has that man's car renovated to look EXACTLY like a brand new BMW then all the fuss will go away. (Like a scene I saw in Boston Legal!) ;-)
    If Mrs Boone wasnt around then maybe a Anna Nicole would have killed off old TBoone.lol

My jaw dropped when I read that story. The arrogance! The weirdness! The hamfistedness!

5. Default Re: T. Boone Pickens Has His Signature in Driveway Stolen

lol, some people get outraged at the most benign things.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzytoad View Post
    lol, some people get outraged at the most benign things.
    Yes, property theft and vandalism are totally benign.

7. Default Re: T. Boone Pickens Has His Signature in Driveway Stolen

Doesn't it point out that if you're rich enough or gorgeous enough (Jessica Alba), you can get away with an awful lot!? :-) Think about it, no town wants to p*ss off T. Boone Pickens, he might take his toys (money) and go play somewhere else. OSU would have a fit! Mike Gundy is probably calling all the officials telling them to let Pickens have anything he wants!

I think the worst we'll expect to see is a small slap on the wrist on T Boone Pickens, no?

9. Default Re: T. Boone Pickens Has His Signature in Driveway Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    Yes, property theft and vandalism are totally benign.
    it's a rock.

and it was replaced.

Well, he won't spend life in prison on it but my god, who steals part of someone's driveway and thinks that is okay? It is less criminal than outright antisocial.

The thing that is really bizarre about is that if it was this guy's property, couldn't T Boone have asked or paid for it. No doubt he can afford it. If it was the city's property, couldn't he just have asked for it? I am sure they would have given it to him, maybe in exchange for some public appearance.

I'm in no way outraged by it. It just shows him as what he is, an arrogant loon who places his wants above others.

And as for Jessica, at least she came out and apologized while giving a little something in restitution. Boone has his people come out and basically say "well, he really wanted it, so it's okay. Thanks for caring about T Boone!"

Just bizarre.

He could have at least offered a wind turbine.

I think The city there said it was part of city property. and he had asked for it. even paid for it, to be repaired.
    I really dont care I think its almost on the same level as Octomom ,or jon and kate (by the way that bitch needs to be drown in acid) lol.
    I read and then seen they were on Extreme Home make over. she was whiny then and a prima donna, btw not the same house they started in the J & K plus 8 show.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    He could have at least offered a wind turbine.
    lol
    one way to emptied his "garage".

Quote Originally Posted by gmwise View Post
    I think The city there said it was part of city property. and he had asked for it. even paid for it, to be repaired.
    I really dont care I think its almost on the same level as Octomom ,or jon and kate (by the way that bitch needs to be drown in acid) lol.
    I read and then seen they were on Extreme Home make over. she was whiny then and a prima donna, btw not the same house they started in the J & K plus 8 show.
    I think the city is probably mistaken in its assessment that the driveway is on city property. The city has an easement to use the front part of the property for certain purposes -- those purposes may be damn near unlimited. They can tear things up, dig ditches, lay pipe, place telephone poles, whatever. what they do not have is a present possessory interest in the land to do with it as they please -- all uses of the land have to be within the terms of the easement. Their easement certainly does not give the city the right to cut a chunk out of a private driveway and carry it away. No way, no how.

If the easement is a utility easement, that does not give them the power to cut chunks of the landowner's property off of his land and carry them away.

Oh well then I guess some dirty politics happen..lol

Agree that the city's statement that the signature segment of driveway was on the utility easement and therefore not the homeowner's property is crap. Had that section of the driveway been cracked and breaking up, you can bet the city of Holdenville wouldn't have repaved it.

It's also very telling that nobody showed up to patch the stolen section of driveway until AFTER the homeowner called the police and filed his complaint.

I guess it's a good thing I don't live in Holdenville. If Pickens decided he wanted my laptop, I probably wouldn't get any help from the local constables.

Small town cops are like small town lawyers "For Sale".

Well of course small time lawyers are for sale. All private practice attorneys are for sale.

Private lawyers sell their services but we should all be able to count on the courts to be fair - small town or not. That being said, speaking as an attorney, I have been "home towned" and that is a common experience, sadly. But what that usually amounts to is simply giving the benefit of the doubt to the home grown attorneys - it rarely goes beyond that.

It's much less common to be 'hometowned' than it used to be. I've practiced (under my limited license) in places like Lincoln, Bryan, Logan and Canadian Counties. All are fine places with fine judges and fine lawyers. I think that's a negative perception which despite not really being prevalent anymore, has unfortunately lived on. I'm not so naive as to not be on guard for it, but I'm not expecting it to happen either.

Mid, I don't even count those as backwoods counties.

Been to Atoka? How about Apache? Check out Woodward and be sure you leave word where you are going to be when you to Vinita.

Generally, folks out in those parts will hire local counsel.

And woe to the outsider who comes in!

Actually, at least in state court, some of the benefits that flow to the home grown are that they understand the processes and practices of a given court, and their reputations before those judges are known.

And they don't drive 4 hours to a scheduled hearing only to find that the judge and staff have gone fishing.

Thread Information