Widgets Magazine

Thread: EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

Default EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

Default Re: EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

Didn't someone on the earlier thread suggest this may have been the problem?

God this is so embarassing. Clean the crap up (literally)

One good sniff will tell you to stay the hell out of that sewer. I can't believe there are people fishing along the edge of it. Surely they don't eat what they catch out of it???!!!

Pew!

These guy's are in clear violation of the enviromental protection act, and this explosion is te result of it.

In all honest though, maybe the city will learn from this. Not to be lazy and get that water cleaned.

All it takes is one good outbreak of cholera or E coli to get the city's undivided attention.

The East side of the operation:

The West side:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stockyards.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stockyards1.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	327  

8. Default Re: EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

so were they fined or anything? are they going to have to pay to clean the water?

I know if I got caught defecating into the Oklahoma River, I'd get something like a $500 fine.

steam rises from compost ... giving new meaning to that old song ... on top of ol' Smokey

The JR today said that they already built a berm to correct the problem of water runoff seeping into the river. I wonder if this is even sufficient or the EPA will be satisfied with this only?

11. Default Re: EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

Notice how Fischer was all buddy-buddy though. He says he trusts them to clean it up and only mentions 30 days to show a plan. Where are the teeth? How about a fine for letting it leak in the first place. Why not a class action suit from the triathletes? And how about requiring a timetable for resolution, not just a plan?

12. Default Re: EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

Forbes picked up on this. See EPA reports clean water violation in Oklahoma City - Forbes.com. The Examiner, also ... EPA orders huge manure pile clean-up after 45 triathletes sickened in Oklahoma city triathlon

The Examiner shows this photo with the caption, "The Oklahoma River in Oklahoma City was found to have spiked levels of bacteria" ...

Is THAT Oklahoma City?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Loudenback View Post
    Forbes picked up on this. See EPA reports clean water violation in Oklahoma City - Forbes.com. The Examiner, also ... EPA orders huge manure pile clean-up after 45 triathletes sickened in Oklahoma city triathlon

The Examiner shows this photo with the caption, "The Oklahoma River in Oklahoma City was found to have spiked levels of bacteria" ...

Is THAT Oklahoma City?

That's the view from a fork lift at the old downtown airport.

Is THAT Oklahoma City?
    Man, we sure are looking good!!

15. Default Re: EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    That's the view from a fork lift at the old downtown airport.
    Are you guys funnin' with me?

If not, I hate to be so dense, but can any of you make out what some, if not most or all, of the buildings are? Our buildings are not as near to the river as they at least appear to be in the photo, and I don't think that matches the perspective from downtown air park at all, plus the view toward downtown is not unobstructed like that shown in the photo. Remember, it is at about SW 15th & Western and the buildings would not be so distant, I don't think. Maybe I'll drive by later today.

Are you guys funnin' with me?

If not, I hate to be so dense, but can any of you make out what some, if not most or all, of the buildings are? Our buildings are not as near to the river as they at least appear to be in the photo, and I don't think that matches the perspective from downtown air park at all, plus the view toward downtown is not unobstructed like that shown in the photo. Remember, it is at about SW 15th & Western and the buildings would not be so distant, I don't think. Maybe I'll drive by later today.
    heh heh

It's pretty obvious its not OKC.

However, if you put a fork lift at the Downtown Airport, I'll bet you'll get a decent replica of that view.

17. Default Re: EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

Thought I was going crazy. That's what happens to old guys. Be careful with us, please!

18. Default Re: EPA cites 2 violations of Clean Water Act on Oklahoma River

Thats what its going to look like down there in 20 years....honest, it will...really! Except for one big tall building twice the height of anything else downtown!

EPA cites two OKC companies for Oklahoma River’s pollution problems
    EPA cites two Oklahoma companies for potential pollution problems | OKG Scene.com

Thread Information