Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

Default Re: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    I had a spider bite a few summers ago. After doing some research, it really sounded and looked like an early brown recluse (fiddleback) bite. I called poison control to see if I should see a doctor. The guy was pretty sure that's what it was. He assured me that only about 1% of brown recluse bites result in the skin necrosis that I'm sure Thunder linked to above (I refuse to look at those photos!). .
    Oh YEAh those pics were icky scary..lol

new bedtime song for the critter inclined

itsey bitsy spider
    crawled up into yer snout
    Out came a sneeze, and blew that spider out
    Out came tissue and wiped away the snot
    and the itsey bitsy spider
    is somewhere in yer cot.

Sleep well.
    muwhahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    new bedtime song for the critter inclined

itsey bitsy spider
    crawled up into yer snout
    Out came a sneeze, and blew that spider out
    Out came tissue and wiped away the snot
    and the itsey bitsy spider
    is somewhere in yer cot.

Sleep well.
    muwhahahahahahahahahaha
    You should enter poetry in the next law day art contest. The rhyming shyster. You have a rare talent!

4. Default Re: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

Kevin, frame that and send to Karrie. She needs it above her bed.

Mom been having these large bugs that keep invading her house. I just saw one several hours ago when I was there to relax, drink, and watch a movie.

I think it is a beetle, but I'm not sure. Large bug. I had to throw something on it several times to kill it. Then I swept it away (from a distance) and I'll let mom know to pick it up and throw it away. I do not ever come close to any bugs, no matter how harmless they are.

Well with Google Pix Search, the bug do not look like those beetles, so I do not know what kind of bug it was. All I know it is dead. I think the shell is hard? No way in hell I am getting that close to check.

Quote Originally Posted by possumfritter View Post
    Oh thanks alot. As if worrying about whats in the bed wasnt bad enough. Good thing I didnt read this before my early morning bathroom visit. It was bad enough having to decide if I wanted to open a link named trouser snake. lol. I will never sit with confidence again.....let alone go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without the light on. geez.

We (actually my neighbor) found a bull snake crawling up an outside wall a couple of years back. My neighbor chopped its head off then came and rang our doorbell to ask if we had a pet snake. I should have acted concerned and asked if he'd seen Kaa. It was one of the creepiest things Ive ever seen, the snakes body moved by itself for probably 10 minutes without its head. I got video!!! I felt sorry for the snake......and wish the neighbor hadnt killed it.....or at least not told me about it. Thanks again Possum

6. Default Re: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

WSS, please share the video! YouTube is a very handy tool.

The footage I took was on an old 8mm camcorder and Ive never converted it to digital. I'm not sure Id want to post it anyhow because like I mentioned its really kinda sad. And a little gross for this forum. Bull snakes are good neighbors and eat a lot of other creatures.....I just wish theyd stay out of sight....I always think about it when I turn the compost pile. Cringe. Ill try to find the tape and review it in case I change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Kevin, frame that and send to Karrie. She needs it above her bed.

Mom been having these large bugs that keep invading her house. I just saw one several hours ago when I was there to relax, drink, and watch a movie.

I think it is a beetle, but I'm not sure. Large bug. I had to throw something on it several times to kill it. Then I swept it away (from a distance) and I'll let mom know to pick it up and throw it away. I do not ever come close to any bugs, no matter how harmless they are.

Well with Google Pix Search, the bug do not look like those beetles, so I do not know what kind of bug it was. All I know it is dead. I think the shell is hard? No way in hell I am getting that close to check.
    Take pictures or describe it better!

Took this video with my iPhone week before last, in my cousin's front yard in Cushing. We were creeped out lol.

creepy

The music was great. I had the sound turned up too much and it scared the dog. And me.

LOL the music is Flight of the Bumblebee. I stuck that on there so you all wouldn't have to listen to my cousin & I squealing in the background!

... and I'll let mom know to pick it up and throw it away. I do not ever come close to any bugs, no matter how harmless they are.

Poor lady, some son you are lol

my hated creature is snakes...
    I didnt care for them when i jungle trained in Panama, nor any other bloody place that had those useless things lol, yes i know they are a important component in the ecosystem

15. Default Re: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

Quote Originally Posted by gmwise View Post
    Poor lady, some son you are lol
    Hey, she is my hero when it comes to insects. LOL All my life, living with her, she always killed spiders and bugs for me. For the past 3 1/2 years living alone, I have to throw something to kill them.

Even moths scare me.

Even moths scare me.
    Oh Thunder.

17. Default Re: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Okie View Post
    Oh Thunder.
    Well, it is true. You see, I love planting in the Spring, but when I encounter bugs, spiders, or worms, then that is when I put on the gloves. Especially if I see a spider and was not able to kill it, then I completely put everything to a halt for a few hours or until the next day.

Rollie Polie or however its spelled. That is the only one I am not afraid of.

18. Default Re: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

That's not even an insect. Rollie Pollies are crustaceans (I think)!
    Still corrupting young minds

aka critter niblets on da half shell

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    aka critter niblets on da half shell
    lol goober

But rollie pollie sting dont they, or drop acid??

lol

How can that bug fit into an ear?!
    Oh they go in as babies. And then they grow. And then they wrap around your cerebral cortex and make you susceptible to suggestion from men named Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    Oh they go in as babies. And then they grow. And then they wrap around your cerebral cortex and make you susceptible to suggestion from men named Khan.
    dang it i KNEW i seen them before!!!.lol

Boss,
    da bug! da bug!

24. Default Re: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

Quote Originally Posted by gmwise View Post
    But rollie pollie sting dont they, or drop acid??
    Nice try. They have never done that to me all those years of handling them.

Quote Originally Posted by dismayed View Post
    This gotta be a joke.

Karrie, can you sleep at all?

25. Default Re: Scorpion in my HOUSE in moore

I used to play with rollie pollies as a child. It was fun. But, I played outside a lot since we didn't have the luxury of cable or anything where I was! Had to get creative with the entertainment
    Still corrupting young minds

Thread Information