Widgets Magazine

Thread: What the hell?

1. Default What the hell?

Okay, I got this message from mom...

"bad new about 2020 tinker going to tear all the houses in del city and our house will be tear down tinker will buy the property"

I dunno who told her this, but... All the houses in Del City?! Mom lives west of all the stores, resturants, and businesses! Doesn't make sense.

2. Default Re: What the hell?

sorry, but I didn't understand a word you wrote.

3. Default Re: What the hell?

I don't understand it myself. I'm gonna stop by Braum's and then visit her to see how she hear about this.

4. Default Re: What the hell?

does your mom really talk like that?

5. Default Re: What the hell?

Okay, this is what she told me. My brother's friend have a friend working at Tinker. He told him, then onto my brother. Now mom heard of it and told me. I don't know what sick plans Tinker have down the road, but if someone on here working at Tinker can give us any details?

I don't know if it has anything to do with their expansion on the GM properties. They could be expanding and adding roadway strips that will affect the neighborhoods between Sunnylane and Bryant.

Still, it seem odd to me the distance between here and there.

Default Re: What the hell?

dont count on it. tinker doesnt even have the money to do what they want with the GM plant yet. my mom has worked out there in budget planning for 35 years, and says that just doesnt make any sense. and if was even something that was being considered...it would have to be approved by congress.
    ..and sunnylane and bryant? what?

actually, it is all true. in fact, i heard from a reliable source that it is going to happen next tuesday, so better get your moving boxes ready before uhaul sells out.

MadMonk Guest

Ever play that game where one person whispers a secret to another and on down the line; and by the time you get to the last person, "Jerry bought a new boat" turns into "Germans sunk the Titanic"?
    Bingo.

So, what you are saying MadMonk is that you heard there is going to be a new Jack-in-the-Box and Der Wienerschnitzel built in Del City?

10. Default Re: What the hell?

ie Full of Crap.

Tinker isnt closing down anything

Any future expansion would be to the east across Douglas Blvd with Doulgas being closed between I-40 and 240.

Right good king Obama is going to allow the expantion of Tinker.

they should just expand Tinker to the perimeters of the entire state & rename Oklahoma "Tinker AFB", then everyone can live on base housing, have a good job, etc. There would be a huge checkpoint gate at the Red River for all Texans wanting to drive thru the base on their way up to Kansas.

15. Default Re: What the hell?

I'm sorry but this cracked me up, tinker can't even figure out the GM plant ordeal let alone take down all of del city..

That is the first I have heard about Tinker aquiring property west of the base. Not gonna happen,I have been working at TAC as they now call it for over a year now. It is to say the least a mess, they still can't make a decision on who gets what and where. I am tired of all it.

Thread Information