Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City News TV personalities: past & present.

Default Re: Oklahoma City News TV personalities: past & present.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Does anybody know if Mecca Rayne is still working at KOCO? I remember her getting engaged. I haven't seen her on the air for about a month now. TIA.
    KOCO reposted her FB post saying she has been sick with Hyperemesis gravidarum, an illness associated with pregnancy. She's been in and out of the hospital the past month and didn't share the news because she was bracing for the worst. However, she mentioned the baby will be okay.

We moved to Washington state for a few years. Shortly after we got there, I recognized Gary Horcher, a local TV news guy. I emailed him because I recognized him from TV in OKC. He worked at Channel 9 from the late 1990's to 2003. He never answered my email but apparently kept it on file. The night of the 2013 Moore tornado, he called me. He was calling because they were trying to find people from Oklahoma who might know someone affected by the storm - someone we couldn't contact, were worried about, etc. As I realized a little later, they were trying to play up the drama of it all. But the best thing he said that night...apparently his TV station carried the Channel 9 broadcast for a couple hours early in the storm. He said that because he’d been here during the 1999 and 2003 tornados, just hearing Gary England's voice gave him PTSD!

Lacey Lett is leaving KFOR at the end of the week. A lot of turnover in the local TV market.

Will miss Lacey and look forward to seeing the great things she'll do with Goodwill. I do hope KFOR finds someone to continue her A Place to Call Home series.

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Will miss Lacey and look forward to seeing the great things she'll do with Goodwill. I do hope KFOR finds someone to continue her A Place to Call Home series.
    They are going to continue it and Lacey wants to remain involved in the cause as well.

That early morning routine is an incredible grind and she had been doing it for years.

With Lacey Lett's upcoming departure, and KFOR advertising for WGN's News Nation; Is KAUT converting to the new WGN News Nation? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    With Lacey Lett's upcoming departure, and KFOR advertising for WGN's News Nation; Is KAUT converting to the new WGN News Nation? Just curious.
    To my knowledge, no. NewsNation will be a nightly three hour program on WGN which is also now owned by KFOR and KAUT's parent company, Nexstar. From all indications I have, KFOR will continue the Rise and Shine program on KAUT since it can be sold to local advertisers.

I hated to see Lacey leave. We only recently discovered Rise and Shine and it's really fun, not trying at all to be a "hard news" show and putting a light spin on things. Wish her well. She seems like such a nice young lady...

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City News TV personalities: past & present.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I hated to see Lacey leave. We only recently discovered Rise and Shine and it's really fun, not trying at all to be a "hard news" show and putting a light spin on things. Wish her well. She seems like such a nice young lady...
    I’ve always liked her. Since I would think she’ll be doing public interface type stuff for Goodwill I probably would have seen her a few times a year if I hadn’t stopped volunteering for United Way.

What happened to KFOR's Taylor Addams?

Quote Originally Posted by tlltnkr47 View Post
    What happened to KFOR's Taylor Addams?
    I believe that she is now the official spokesperson for OESC assisting Shelley Zumwalt.

KWTV's Kelsey Kernstine is leaving to join the Chicago market. I wonder who her replacement will be?

KWTV's Kelsey Kernstine is leaving to join the Chicago market. I wonder who her replacement will be?
    You knew she wouldn't be here long. Movin on up.

She was pretty good in "Hell Bent for Leather".

Not sure. Will they replace her? I don't know about other morning shows on other channels but it seems that KWTV went overboard on hiring their morning show. 2 meteorolgists on the morning show saying the same thing over and over seems to be a little overkill. And it seemed like Kernstine was basically the traffic person, and let's be honest, traffic is not that big of a deal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Outhunder View Post
    Not sure. Will they replace her? I don't know about other morning shows on other channels but it seems that KWTV went overboard on hiring their morning show. 2 meteorolgists on the morning show saying the same thing over and over seems to be a little overkill. And it seemed like Kernstine was basically the traffic person, and let's be honest, traffic is not that big of a deal here.
    She was a fill in on the morning and noon news. I agree on the traffic, KFOR got rid of their traffic reporter, only KOKH has a dedicated traffic person.

She was a fill in on the morning and noon news. I agree on the traffic, KFOR got rid of their traffic reporter, only KOKH has a dedicated traffic person.
    KOCO has a dedicated traffic reporter flying around in a helicopter Monday through Friday at 6 am until around 7 am.

Emily Akins (KFOR) has announced that she is leaving KFOR. Don't know what her next move is.

19. Default Re: Oklahoma City News TV personalities: past & present.

Emily Akins (KFOR) has announced that she is leaving KFOR. Don't know what her next move is.
    Noooooo!!!!!!!!

She is moving to north Texas near where her fiancee lives, apparently with a wedding in the near future. She said on Rise n Shine this morning she really hadn't made any big announcement about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    She is moving to north Texas near where her fiancee lives, apparently with a wedding in the near future. She said on Rise n Shine this morning she really hadn't made any big announcement about it.
    KFOR Weekend Evening Anchor Jacklyn Chappell appears to be moving into Emily Akins Weekday morning anchor/reporting spot.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City News TV personalities: past & present.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    KFOR Weekend Evening Anchor Jacklyn Chappell appears to be moving into Emily Akins Weekday morning anchor/reporting spot.
    I hope she has the rapport with the other people. Emily and everyone kinda picked fun at each other a lot and it was easy to watch.

Not sure where to ask this...

Anyone know what happened to KOKH Fox 25 this morning? There is no local news - just a national feed.

Carson Cunningham is leaving KOCO and the sports desk for an opportunity outside of TV.

Quote Originally Posted by djohn View Post
    Not sure where to ask this...

Anyone know what happened to KOKH Fox 25 this morning? There is no local news - just a national feed.
    I’m not sure, but it could be related to the ransomware attack on Sinclair, the owner of KOKH.

Thread Information