Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack in the Box

Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

lol

2. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

Where's the DQ in Chickasha, OkieKAS? My wife freaks out because she can't get her DQ anymore around here! Might just have to drive down ... but she can drop me off at that great onion burger place that's been around forever! Best fried onion burgers I ever et!

3. Cool Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

Oh yeah nothing surpasses J & W Grill!

The DQ (720 Choctaw - right side) is just right on down the street from J & W Grill. (501 Choctaw - left side ) It has been there forever, too.

Some mighty good soft ice cream, but their ice cream cakes I can do w/o.

Another super great lil joint to grab a good bite is Roundup Cafe, which is right on down the street on the Left on Choctaw. I always call it Cowboy's. They have a sweet western motif. Great food for the buck. Even FROG LEGS! Watchouuuuut!

Always proud to have the big city folks down fer a bite and a holler!

J & W is open late on Thursday nights, too.

--Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Actually they had them here in the metro as recently as a year or so ago. As someone said, Braums really had the market cornered here since Braums started here. DQ started in Texas, hence why they are so popular there. The same thing with Whataburgers down there.
    Actually there really aren't that many DQ's in Texas anymore, courtesy to another OKC based fast food chain (that would be SONIC). There are still some that are holding on. Theres only one in Plano that serves a city of 250k and is routinley packed. I heard theyre trying to make a comeback, but with SONIC having a hold on most of TX and OK I'd say get your blizzard while you can because they will probably be extinct everywhere south of Kansas in about 10 years.

I agree with most of the comments that while the food was tasty the stores were unsightly. If you go there stick to the drive through.

5. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

There's a DQ in Clinton as well as one up I-35 on the way to Whichita... And just because Monster. com says there's a listing in OKlahoma City for a J-I-T-B, it does not really mean that they are coming. It's probably more to get you to the one in Ada or Ardmore.

A listing in OKC for a job in Ada or Ardmore? A commute to a minimum wage job?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Pollo Loco!!! View Post
    There's a DQ in Clinton as well as one up I-35 on the way to Whichita... And just because Monster. com says there's a listing in OKlahoma City for a J-I-T-B, it does not really mean that they are coming. It's probably more to get you to the one in Ada or Ardmore.
    That may be true Gato, but the job description says they are typically over 8 to 15 restaurants

**Area Coaches oversee 8 to 15 restaurants within a designated area.**

8. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

Ummm, folks there is a DQ in Edmond on 2ns Street. Did you miss that?
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

9. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

ummm... gross. then again im not really into fast food. anywho, theres a jib and dq in durant

10. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Pollo Loco!!! View Post

The ad said the job paid 80k. I doubt that it's just for the Ada, Ardmore, and Durant locations.

It sounds pretty promising to me that JITB is making its grand reappearance.

BACK

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    Ummm, folks there is a DQ in Edmond on 2ns Street. Did you miss that?
    There used to be one...

McAllister's Deli has occupied that location for a while now.

Unless you're thinking of Freddie's Frozen Custard who has signage similar to some DQ's.

Doesn't Jack in the Box own Qdoba? Could that be what the ad was referring to?

Yes Jack In The Box does own Qdoba...you might be right but I don't see Qboba opening in Ada or Ardmore.

I'm sure it is probably JITB coming to OKC. They announced almost two years ago they were coming to OKC. I'm sure for some odd reason it's taken longer than they thought but maybe now they are finally deciding to act upon it.

okcpulse, as someone said, the one on 2nd street in Edmond went out a year or two ago. So did the one on May and 39th at roughly the same time. I think those were the last two left in the metro before they pulled out.

I've never been impressed with Jack in the Box - they seem to not be able to decide what kind of food they want to server and just decide to server every kind they can think of - plus that whole health scare thing years back totally put me off of them.

16. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

I've been away from OKC for too long.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hipsterdoofus View Post
    I've never been impressed with Jack in the Box - they seem to not be able to decide what kind of food they want to server and just decide to server every kind they can think of - plus that whole health scare thing years back totally put me off of them.
    Does anyone remember the El Chico/Hepatitis scare about 15 years ago? I remember eating there after a Little League game one evening, and a week later I was being hauled off to the doctor to get a shot in my butt. Not fun.

I vaguely remember the Jack in the Box food scare. I also remember Food Lion going down for something similar, but I was too young to care about the details back then. I think they were bleaching and repackaging old meat or something like that.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

18. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

theres a DQ in tishimingo too! but they didnt take credit cards and i only got a banana split

19. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

Quote Originally Posted by cedbled View Post

I met my wife when we both worked as techs at Cox, so she also has experience with all Windows\Mac OSes and some flavors of Linux.
    You hiring? If so, Im serious, PM me.
    Is your PM turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    Is your PM turned off?
    I'm sorry, I don't think I had ever gotten that enabled from the looks of the FAQ.
    This was the first time I needed to use that, and I assumed (we know what that does...) that it was enabled by default.

I am e-mailing the Mods now, so that they can turn it on for me.
    In the meanwhile, feel free to contact me via cedbled@yahoo.com

I am eager to hear more from you.

Braum's is the reason there aren't many Baskin Robbins in the state, not DQ. Sonic's soft serve competes more with DQ.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisok View Post
    The ad said the job paid 80k. I doubt that it's just for the Ada, Ardmore, and Durant locations.
    Really?

80k?

Why did i ever bother going to college then??

23. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybrado View Post
    Really?

80k?

Why did i ever bother going to college then??
    Cheap beer and the Greeks?

MadMonk Guest

College isn't the only way to $.

25. Default Re: WE'RE GETTIN A JACK IN THE BOX!! proof inside

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    College isn't the only way to $.
    Yeah, but pimpin' aint easy.

Thread Information