Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack in the Box

Default Re: Jack in the Box

Quote Originally Posted by disinfected View Post
    A semi isn't a building. Okay, I'm done.
    It didn't hit me that you might be refering to a truck, if that is what you meant. I thought you meant a restaurant called Jack In The Box Semi. You should have been clear.

Okay, this is just getting ridiculous!

Let's review shall we.....

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    Jack in the Box owns Qdoba. A few weeks ago, I saw a Jack in the Box truck delivering product to the Quail Springs Qdoba. I did a little online research and found they have owned Qdoba since 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson410 View Post
    Now that you mention that, I've seen a "Jack in the Box" semi and 29th and Air Depot a couple times actually. I thought that was kind of odd, but didn't think much of it..
    A news article from OKC.Biz confirmed that Jack in the Box is building a location at 29th and Air Depot Blvd in Midwest City. The exact location in that area has not been confirmed. Chances are more than likely that they will not reveal the exact location until they start turning dirt. This practice is common because it keeps a competitor from stealing the site or opening close by before you can get the signs on the building.

OKCBiz > Jack in the Box plans to open four Oklahoma City-area locations

Does that help....? I will borrow a page out of Metro's survival guide for OKCTalk. Sometimes it is best to read the thread top to bottom before you post. Especially if you are going to dispute/argue the with other posters.

The Jack In The Box on the East side of Norman is scheduled to open a week from tomorrow.

5. Default Re: Jack in the Box

Quote Originally Posted by smooth View Post
    It didn't hit me that you might be refering to a truck, if that is what you meant. I thought you meant a restaurant called Jack In The Box Semi. You should have been clear.
    Really smooth? Please tell me that's sarcasm...allthough sometimes your posts make me think that you would honestly think that.....wow.

Jack in the Box breaks ground in OKC
    By Tom Lindley
    The Journal Record
    Posted: 09:30 PM Wednesday, March 3, 2010
    You have successfully logged in.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Jack in the Box, a quick-serve chain with more than 2,200 restaurants, is accelerating its northward push into Oklahoma.

It broke ground Monday at its first Oklahoma City location, at S. MacArthur Boulevard and Interstate 40, and has identified other locations in Oklahoma City for further expansion.

“We are just excited to be coming to town,” Brian Luscomb, spokesperson for the San Diego-based company, said Wednesday.

He said the company typically doesn’t discuss future construction plans until it actually breaks ground at a new location.

The Oklahoma City restaurant will feature a 2,700-square-foot building on a 60,000-square-foot lot, which the company recently purchased for $887,500.

It will be company-operated, with 20 to 30 employees, and will open in late summer, Luscomb said.

Jack in the Box has two other restaurants under construction in the area: at SW 19th Street and Fritts Boulevard in Moore, to open midsummer; and in Norman at NE 12th Avenue and Main Street, to open in the spring.

The company has had a presence in southern Oklahoma since 2002, when it opened restaurants in Ada and Durant. It opened another one in Ardmore in 2004.

“We are expanding into contiguous markets,” Luscomb said.

In operation since 1951, Jack in the Box has restaurants in 18 states, with most of them in California and Texas.

“North Texas is a big market for us, and Oklahoma City is approximate to that market, so there is an existing awareness of our brand,” Luscomb said.

He said Jack in the Box is known for its innovative menu, which includes 100-percent sirloin burgers, a line of entree salads, real fruit smoothies and ice cream shakes, teriyaki bowls and grilled sandwiches.

“There’s really something for everyone on our menu,” Luscomb said.

The chain opened 64 restaurants in 2009 and plans to add another 45 to 50 this year.

“Despite the economic slowdown, we had a very good year last year,” Luscomb said.

Does anyone know if the Norman Jack in the boxes are open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by airplane777 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Norman Jack in the boxes are open yet?
    The E. side store opens a week from today, construction on the W. side hasn't started.

The newest MWC "newspaper" - Eastword.net - says there will be a JITB in the Town Center area. Free issue, available all over town and published, it appears, by our friends who bring us the OK Gazette. It's not a bad news source for eastern OC.

Tried one for the first time while on the road in Texas. We don't have these out east so I'm new to the whole concept since moving to this region. Let me say, these burgers make awful road food. I ate a whole burger and was so full I didn't have the energy to put my foot on the accelerator. The sirloin burgers are a bit dry and way too salty for my taste.

Oh well, since we are fast food capitol, it would be silly not to have one here, I guess...gotta stay true to the title.

actually El Paso, TX has the title.....

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    actually El Paso, TX has the title.....
    Oh, well...I guess I'm guilty of not updating the rankings in my mental file since 2006. I'm sure we're up there somewhere though, right? I guess it depends on the statistic used, too (most restaurants per capita, most heavy users of fast food per capita, most fast food restaurants per square mile, etc). Point is the same though, we have alot.

Funny, El Paso is exactly where I stopped at the Jack in the Box! It was Jack in the Box or Taco Bell, so...

so, anybody got a date on the opening?

Default Re: Jack in the box

so, anybody got a date on the opening?

In the other JITB thread, someone posted it should be open this coming Friday.

I'm wondering what the tentative plans for the west side location are. Nada obvious happening over that way as yet, at least not obvious to me

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    The E. side store opens a week from today, construction on the W. side hasn't started.
    there ya go

Don't most people who been to California wish they would put in an In and Out?

people always seem to want the fast food they don't have in their home cities. All my friends from non-Sonic areas always wants some crap from Sonic when they are here.

People from here want JIB, In & Out, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Don't most people who been to California wish they would put in an In and Out?
    My wife from Bakersfield would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by nik4411 View Post
    did i ask if you cared? nope, sure didn't.
    That's the beauty of the forum. Nobody HAS to ask.

Proofreading is a lost art. Try it and avoid being the butt of jokes.

I, for one, don't HAVE to go to the site(although I have perused the whole thing while simutaneously wanting to throw up and laugh at the same time) to KNOW what eating cheap, genetically modified, hormonally enhanced crap will do to the human body. People half my age are scooting around the store with their arse hanging off both sides and it's because of "fake food" that also might get somebody a good case of eColi not to mention the brand new affliction called "diabesity".

Quote Originally Posted by cdbthunder View Post
    My wife from Bakersfield would agree with you.
    With such a bland and unappetizing name, I don't see how In and Out makes it, except by word of mouth.

With such a bland and unappetizing name, I don't see how In and Out makes it, except by word of mouth.
    The name was all about the new invention of ordering through a two-way speaker and getting your food FAST without ever getting out of your car. Harry Snyder liked to tinker with electronics and he made his own prototype. I'm posting a link to the story here. IN-N-OUT Burger

I read a book on In-N-Out and I seem to remember the owner being friends with the owner/founder of Jack In The Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammondjam View Post
    The name was all about the new invention of ordering through a two-way speaker and getting your food FAST without ever getting out of your car. Harry Snyder liked to tinker with electronics and he made his own prototype. I'm posting a link to the story here. IN-N-OUT Burger

I read a book on In-N-Out and I seem to remember the owner being friends with the owner/founder of Jack In The Box.
    The Snyder's were friends of Carl Karcher Jr.

Stacy Perman is the author of In-N-Out Burger: A Behind-the-Counter Look at the Fast-Food Chain That Breaks All the Rules. I very much enjoyed reading her book and found it to be as much about the drama of families and business as In-N-Out. But knowing nothing about In-N-Out I really did appreciate the unique philosophies behind the company. I think it is a really good book for anyone interested either in family businesses in general or in opening a small business themselves. The book was not authorized and received some criticism although given the circumstances surrounding In-N-Out that's hardly surprising. Perman's work seemed to me to be pretty well done.

Jack In The Box began with Robert Peterson as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammondjam View Post

So it's Calfornia's Sonic?

So it's Calfornia's Sonic?
    It is certainly true that Harry Snyder was one of the earliest to employ a speaker system at his restaurant in 1948.

However it seems to me the company is more known for its fanatical dedication to the use of fresh food, commitment to its focused business purpose, refusal to franchise, and employee pay and benefits. And, of course, for its fanatical customers.

Thread Information