Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

The only store I know anything about is Anthropologie, because my daughter is a manager for one. What she says is that catalog sales play a huge part in their determination of where to put new stores. If they see a lot of people in one area buying online, you can presume those same people would buy in a store. The other data that they use is zip codes. The stores are supposed to ask for the zip code of people purchasing and, if they see a cluster of zip codes from one area, it increases their interest in a store location. It's entirely possible that other stores that have catalogs use the same kind of data, and if so, all the Chamber personnel in the world won't fix that problem. Omaha, Myrtle Beach, Nashville and Jacksonville all have Anthropologies and, as far as she knows, we're still not on their list for a store. She doesn't know about Free People and Urban Outfitters, however.

So, my recommendation is that if you're shopping in a store that you'd like to see here, ask them if the collect zip codes if you make a purchase, and make sure they get yours recorded. I've noticed they don't check zip codes at the Anthropologie in Dallas very often, which could be part of our problem, since they're the one the most people from Oklahoma City are likely to shop in.

2. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I doubt that they are dumb or lazy enough to use old data. Its a tougher job than you guys seem to think it is. Again, if you are referring to them not being able to lure retailers to bricktown, I think its bricktown and not the chamber employee. You cant force somebody to open a store, especially in an area that cant support it yet.
    The Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce's website lists Oklahoma City's population at 531,000+. That is 2004's estimate. Thus, old data. It's not hard to jump on Census Bureau Home Page to get the latest data. Sheesh, even I have the latest data.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

3. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I actually heard a report today that ponds may be put in, but that the owner of the development may be considering selling the land to homedevelopers, since the retail market may not recover for some time. With Quail Springs Mall nearby, as well as strip malls surrounding the area, the place would be hard to sell now as a retail development. The current owner is considering a mix of office and home development instead of retail, so the concept of upscale retail being included may be forever off the table. Also, and IMAX development has been tabled. So, it looks like this land may be put to other uses, as the owner is looking for a quicker return.
    I just confirmed with RCL Development last week via phone that the Tuscana project is on track and has not been scaled back or altered in any way.

So if it's still on track, we're still getting a legit IMAX here in the city?

No; they withdrew their letter of intent with Tuscana.

6. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Quote Originally Posted by megax11 View Post
    By next month there will be IMAX at Quail Springs, according to an article yesterday at NewsOK

7. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Keep in mind, the project in and of itself has not been changed. There will still be the same retail/residential ratio as before. Since the the theater withdrew its letter of intent, I am sure it will be replaced by some other retail/entertainment option.

Quote Originally Posted by shane453 View Post
    By next month there will be IMAX at Quail Springs, according to an article yesterday at NewsOK
    and as mentioned in the IMAX thread, it's not a full IMAX.

9. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Quote Originally Posted by okcpulse View Post
    I just confirmed with RCL Development last week via phone that the Tuscana project is on track and has not been scaled back or altered in any way.
    I hope they are telling you the truth. This is the single most exciting suburban development on the drawing board for the metro (as long as it's not scaled back).
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

10. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I hope they are telling you the truth. This is the single most exciting suburban development on the drawing board for the metro (as long as it's not scaled back).
    What got canceled was Quail Springs Ranch. It was scaled back and then canceled. Tuscana is still on schedule.

It didn't make sense anyway to have to lifestyle centers within a couple of miles of each other.

What got canceled was Quail Springs Ranch. It was scaled back and then canceled. Tuscana is still on schedule.

It didn't make sense anyway to have to lifestyle centers within a couple of miles of each other.
    Do you know if the developers are scaling back any of the proposed projects that are supposed to be opened in Tuscana? For example, the giant pond in the middle with the hotel?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quail_springs_2.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	371  

12. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Was QSR the one at Western & Memorial with the Dick's Sporting Goods and such?
    Don't Edmond My Downtown

13. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

That's the one.

Retail Endeavors Group :: Quail Springs Ranch

14. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Do you know if the developers are scaling back any of the proposed projects that are supposed to be opened in Tuscana? For example, the giant pond in the middle with the hotel?
    No, developers are not scaling back. This is a multi-phase project that is being developed. RCL is the same group that developed Spring Creek in Edmond.

With QSR being canceled maybe Dick's will open a store in the Tuscana center

No, developers are not scaling back. This is a multi-phase project that is being developed. RCL is the same group that developed Spring Creek in Edmond.
    Wrong group, spring creek plaza was developed by Ward/Zerby and spring creek village was done by Ballinger (sp?).

17. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Wrong group, spring creek plaza was developed by Ward/Zerby and spring creek village was done by Ballinger (sp?).
    Why is Sprink Creek on RCL's portfolio?

I didn't see Spring Creek in their portfolio.

Any idea on how much the townhomes are going to cost in this development? Hopefully they aren't any more than $600k.

20. Default Re: 5/26 Tuscana, Quail Springs Ranch, Outlet Shoppes Update

Quote Originally Posted by okc_bel_air View Post
    I didn't see Spring Creek in their portfolio.
    My apologies, everyone. I was looking at Massey-Mann's portfolio, not RCL. Massey-Mann designed both properties.

Big Movie Zone -- Dickinson Theatres Oklahoma City IMAX® Theatre

Can someone tell me where this is located?

According to Dickinson, there's already an IMAX here.

Big Movie Zone -- Dickinson Theatres Oklahoma City IMAX® Theatre

Can someone tell me where this is located?

According to Dickinson, there's already an IMAX here.
    Per their website, their theaters in Oklahoma are as follows:

Arrowhead Mall 10 Theatre
    Arrowhead Shopping Center 501 N. Main #102 Muskogee, OK 74401 918-682-6600

Central Mall 12 Theatre
    40 Central Mall Lawton, OK 73501-4600 580-353-8855

Oakwood Mall Theatre
    Oakwood Mall - Space #A11 4125 Owen K. Garriott Road Enid, OK 73703-4820 580-233-7469

Owasso 10 Theatre
    12601 E. 86th Street North Owasso, OK 74055-2509 918-376-9191

Penn Square 10 Theatre
    1901 N.W. Expressway Suite 2100 Oklahoma City, OK 73118 405-848-2202

Starworld 20 Theatre
    10301 S. Memorial Drive Bixby, OK 74133 918-369-7469

West End Pointe Theatre
    12825 NW 10th Yukon, OK 73099 405-354-7469

Having never been to any of these, I don't know which, if any, has IMAX.

Thread Information