Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheddars in Norman

Default Cheddars in Norman

We went and ate at Cheddars in Norman last night and I was totally amazed by the atmosphere and the prices and quality of food. There were me and my wife and our 2 kids eating and our bill was less than 30.00, anyway I would highly recommend them and on a side note my wife ordered a salad and the waiter forgot to bring it out and when he brought it he said it would be on the house we didnt even have to say anything about it. Needless to say we will be back.

Default Re: Cheddars in Norman

love that place

Soon the one in Midwest City will open! Can't wait!

Yeah I dont know how they do it but they have a great concept and food.

Wife and I went there a couple weeks back. She had the fried shrimp, but wasn't impressed. I had a burger, and loved it!! We ordered the chips and queso for an appetizer which was good. I liked it. We need one in Yukon!!!!

Had lunch there. Food was great and service outstanding! Will definitely go back! Prices VERY reasonable!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie40 View Post
    Yeah I dont know how they do it but they have a great concept and food.
    they spend $0 on advertising

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    they spend $0 on advertising
    Well they dont have to if they keep standards high prices reasonable and take care of there customers they will get free advertizeing via word of mouth which is priceless and actually more effective.

I went with my wife & daughter, the steak and grilled shrimp was great. Service was excellent. We left paying about $40 including tips. Nice atmosphere and the wait wasn't bad either. Check it out.

I always eat at the one in Tulsa. Love it! I didn't even know Norman had one until I was driving on Robinson in Norman last week, and saw it! Don't have to go to Tulsa now! I hope Edmond, or north okc will get one!

Quote Originally Posted by OKC4me View Post
    I always eat at the one in Tulsa. Love it! I didn't even know Norman had one until I was driving on Robinson in Norman last week, and saw it! Don't have to go to Tulsa now! I hope Edmond, or north okc will get one!
    The one in Tulsa rocks! Totally great service and delicious food!

The one in Norman is okay - our waitress didn't bring us water until 30 minutes later, and she didn't bring us our drinks about 1-1/2 hours later. Also, my food just didn't taste as great as the one in Tulsa's was. Albeit, I went w/in a months opening, so maybe they were just getting used to the demand, and maybe she was new?

Anyhow, I'll revisit again to see how its changed since my last visit.

Quote Originally Posted by ApplePearBerry View Post
    The one in Tulsa rocks! Totally great service and delicious food!

The one in Norman is okay - our waitress didn't bring us water until 30 minutes later, and she didn't bring us our drinks about 1-1/2 hours later. Also, my food just didn't taste as great as the one in Tulsa's was. Albeit, I went w/in a months opening, so maybe they were just getting used to the demand, and maybe she was new?

Anyhow, I'll revisit again to see how its changed since my last visit.
    Kinda agreed, I really like the restaurant, the design's awesome, great variety in the menu, and the prices can't be beat but the Edmond location has had horrible service all three times I've been and the foods been pretty bland. Hopefully the MWC one takes it up a notch!

Edmond location?

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    Edmond location?
    Oopsie, meant Norman!

damn, I was hoping there was one close already

Have gone again twice. LOVED it both times. Hubby says it's our new 'best place' to eat. Huge portions, reasonable price. Will continue to go.

The Midwest City Cheddars should be open in the next few weeks. I was out that way a couple of days ago. It looked like they were cleaning up and putting the final touches on the buliding.

18. Default Re: Cheddars in Norman

We ate there for the first time Monday night in Tulsa. Great food at a reasonable price.I hope they eventually put one in NW OKC. I really loved the place.

I'm suprised they don't have a Cheddars over in the Quail Springs area.

There are some empty places, they could move in!

Cheddar's was recently singled out as "#1 in Casual Dining" by a well-respected consumer reporting organization. The organization, which shall remain nameless, surveyed consumer opinion for taste, value, service, mood and choice, and Cheddar's came out as the top dog for pub-style places or grills. It's obvious from the comments on this blog that many of you agree with this assessment of Cheddar's. Let me point out, I am working on behalf of Cheddars but I am also a devoted fan - their onion rings are to die for! From my experience dining at Cheddar's, the focus really is on the quality of the food and the guest experience.

Okay, I'm at a loss. We've LOVED Cheddars in Norman for the three times we'd been there previously.......but we went for lunch on Wednesday, and oh ick! I ordered my favorite--chicken nachos--and couldn't believe what I got. Besides being "cold," they had put some sort of seasoning and some sort of new sauce on them unlike the two times I'd had them before. But I'm game---or a slow study and I ate them. Bad idea.

Now, I never give up on a place after just one bad experience, but I am a little less enthusiastic than I was.

Anyone else hit a "bad experience" at the Norman store recently???

I really want to think it was just a freak happening, but ???

Actually, I was in there last week and our server kept messing up our orders. Maybe they've had some turnover and are in the process of training some newbies?

I'm curious, does anyone know where you can find nutritional information about Cheddar's menu? I looked on the website but did not see anything. I was wondering how it compared to somewhere like Chili's where that information is listed, but most of the choices seem to be pretty high in fat, calories and sodium.

Quote Originally Posted by amandagall5 View Post
    I'm curious, does anyone know where you can find nutritional information about Cheddar's menu? I looked on the website but did not see anything. I was wondering how it compared to somewhere like Chili's where that information is listed, but most of the choices seem to be pretty high in fat, calories and sodium.
    I don't know of a specific website, but check out calorieking.com. You can look for general items to get an idea:

CalorieKing - Diet & Weight Loss Information - Calorie Counter and Nutritional Information

Thread Information