Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheddars in Norman

Default Re: Cheddars in Norman

That's some interesting information. I'm not against eating out now and again but it does make you think about what you are eating, especially when it says how much exercise you would have to do to burn off the calories you have just eaten!

Does it blow away Chili's and TGI Fridays? I'm not a fan of either of those places, but my impression was it was basically the same thing as those restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by amandagall5 View Post
    That's some interesting information. I'm not against eating out now and again but it does make you think about what you are eating, especially when it says how much exercise you would have to do to burn off the calories you have just eaten!
    If it were up to the fitness geeks in this world everyone would be dining on nothing but bottled water and soy paste.

Too much of any one thing will do harm to you. Moderation is the key to everything in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson8 View Post
    Does it blow away Chili's and TGI Fridays? I'm not a fan of either of those places, but my impression was it was basically the same thing as those restaurants.
    It's basically the same quality level of food, but the restaurant environment is slightly nicer. Also they have a few comfort foods that Chili's does not have, like chicken pot pie.

5. Default Re: Cheddars in Norman

I have a better idea than the Memorial Road food row. We have lost our Denny's and soon the Golden Corral will be closing. How about putting a Cheddar's on May north of 63rd?We need some replacements for those restaurants that have moved out.It probably won't happen, but it's a marvelous idea.

Not a fan. Nothing special about it. But my grandson did like the aquarium!

7. Default Re: Cheddars in Norman

Cheddar's is way better than Chili's, we went to Chili's once and the food was definitely not worth the price.

We went to Cheddar's this past weekend and the food was in fact pretty good, the spinach dip actually had lots of spinach and tasted great, the chips were not greasy and over-salted (like On-The Border's are), and my broccoli cheese casserole actually had broccoli in it, and wasn't overloaded with cheese. My chicken sandwich was delicious as well. The quality of the food was great, we're definitely going back.

Many other places have been dissapointing, we finally found something that's reasonably priced and where the food is good. Portions were also just right, not too much and not too little.

I recommend splitting the dessert though if you're going to go for one, those portions are in fact pretty big.

Cheddars is always packed down here in DFW. The food is consistent, quality is great. I have "never" had a bad meal eating there. The last time I was in OKC, stopped on the way back to Dallas and ate at Cheddars in Norman and it was great as well along with a "packed" restaurant. It should do just fine in the OKC area.

I called the MWC store yesterday and they said they are opening Aug 10.

10. Default Re: Cheddars in Norman

I also heard august 10, but i've also heard august 11th. Glad you found that out.

Again, what's wrong with midwest city? I think a lot of people who want to eat cheddars that travel all the way from norman from the north side will take a stop in midwest city for a change. It will give a chance for those people to see how mwc is changing.

Ate at the Cheddars in Wichita today; not nearly as good as the one in Norman! And definitely some "untrue" advertising on the website for the one in Wichita; says they serve "key lime pie" (homemade, no less!). Not true! Rats. That was the main reason for going there.

Will stick with the one "next door" in Norman!

Default Re: Cheddars in MWC

Well today was their 2nd day open, so I gave it a try. Overall a positive except for it was soooo cold in there. I had the chicken fry, good size, lightly breaded, mashed potatoes were little cool though. My daughter had the chicken alfredo, good except for too much alfredo sauce. We also tried the onion rings for a appetizer, They are EXCELLENT, problem was they we got our entrees so fast, that we were almost finished before they showed up. But the server comped them for us.

Good portions, Good price. Will definitely make this one of our regular spots.

Ceddars is a 7 at best. Menu is great, food ok, drinks good, service.....a little weak, tables size is HORRIBLE !!!. I will return as a 2nd choice.

What's wrong with the table size?

I went to the one in Norman with a group of 6 for lunch on a Friday about a month after they opened. Unanimously, we thought it sucked. We couldn't get good service to save our lives (empty waters glasses around the table at one point) - and everyone agreed the food was bland and marginal at best, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Thread Information