Widgets Magazine

Thread: Women's College World Series could find permanent home in OKC!

Blog Entries

Default Women's College World Series could find permanent home in OKC!

After watching televised coverage on ESPN/ESPN2 of the Women's College World Series (Softball) you couldn't ask for more positive prompts than you're getting with the WCWS.

Oklahoma City needs to plan ahead:

The ASA Hall of Fame Stadium could use more permanent seating in the outfield and expand the existing seating in the main stadium.

We need to plan ahead!

What ideas of financing this stadium would some of you suggest?

Please lets look at the existing site and not anymore anything about moving to Bricktown!

Default Re: Women's College World Series could find permanent home in OKC!

I agree with everything you said Laramie. And I think we need to do everything possible to keep this event in the city. There was an article in todays paper that got me to thinking about this again. http://newsok.com/wcws-tourney-conti...adlines_widget

Depending on how much it'd cost, and I'd rather do it right than just keep adding a couple of hundred temporary bleachers every few years, will dictate how funding should be raised. If its in the 10's to 100's of thousands of dollars I'd think local businesses and leagues and softball orginizations could raise the money. Even looking for national sponsors, or national league tournaments to be played there. Otherwise its up to the larger corporations to lend a hand. Much like they are doing for the river facilities. I cant imagine a decent refurbished HOF stadium seating 12,000-15,000 costing more than a couple million at most, and looking at the area on google earth, theres plenty of room for expansion.

Heres a link to there fundraising page...eFundraising.com - Fundraising for schools, charity, sports and nonprofits..maybe if we all bought lots of choclates and lollipops...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Women's College World Series could find permanent home in OKC!

I've been trying to lay off sweets, now look and imagine what you've done!

Thread Information