Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rock Creek overpass

Default Rock Creek overpass

The other day coming back from the city down to Norman I saw some support columns put in place, one of which was on the east side of the construction zone and one which was in a median, I think. Is that where the new Rock Creek overpass is to be built? This was just north of UNP going south on I-35.

Default Re: Rock Creek overpass

Yes, this is where the overpass will be. The two supports that are already completed are on the east and west sides of the highway between the existing service road on the west and the future service road on the east. I think they are going to build the center support in the center of I-35 once they move the traffic onto the newly completed portion of the highway (between the temporary wall and the service roads...

^Ahh alright then, thanks for that information .

The entire I-35 project between Moore and Norman seems to be blazing along. I don't know they are actually ahead of schedule but it wouldn't surprise me if they are. On the other hand, maybe I'm just getting numb to it.

^It could be, a good gauge of that would be to see when the SH 77 ramp gets rebuilt. They do have the groundwork for the additional lanes mostly completed from what I could see.

I don't understand why the new Rock Creek Bridge doesn't line up with Rock Creek Road, it's designed to 'jog' over just like the 19th Street bridge in Moore. Hope it doesn't end up being such a cluster, I suppose it was too hard for them to design it around the little housy boutique shops on the southwest corner of the bridge. It just seems it could be better aligned...

May be that the road is latered to meet the bridge. RCR to the west if I-35 is presently a narrow two lane. Perhaps it is to be widened, to better address traffic flow over to 36th?

Seems logical to me, but I've not heard one way or the other, or else I have and just don't recall (an all too frequent issue for me ... I should eat more brain food)

I remember seeing the different plans for this overpass somewhere but can't for the life of me find them now...

Here is a link to a presentation that the city of Norman gave on the Rock Creek overpass.

http://www.ci.norman.ok.us/public_wo...ting8-4-08.pdf

Thread Information