Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Chinese Food Places in MWC

Default New Chinese Food Places in MWC

Has anyone tried the 2 new chinese food places in Midwest City yet? There's the new one that moved in to Grandy's old place, I think it may be called East. Also there is China Moon which moved into the shopping center where the new Tan and Tone is. Just wondering if anyone had tried them out yet?

Default Re: New Chinese Food Places in MWC

I've heard great things about the East place.

Where is the East place located in MWC?
    I may head over there today for lunch!

On Air Depot, just south of Reno, next to the car wash

so how was the east place, a coworker of mine told me he was going toa a party there tonight.

6. Default Re: New Chinese Food Places in MWC

The old Grandy's if that helps. I'm curious what the sushi is like. I've been told the stuff at the place next to Pho One isn't any good, so I'm hoping Pink Swirl or East has some good stuff. I soooo want some good sushi in MWC!!!!!

My wife and I have gone there a couple of times and we like it. They have a pretty good variety of food including sushi. The only thing I don't care for is their fried wonton with cream cheese. They taste fine but the cream cheese is sweet and there's no crab or anything else in it. It's not savory, it's more like a "dessert" wonton. They people who work there are very friendly. Give it a try!

Best sushi in town is at Noodle House on Reno and Sooner. Hands down!

Not Chinese, but Panang on the southside has some great Thai food. Its really some of the best I've had.

My family had China Moon this evening. I thought it was actually pretty good. It was averaged price for local places around here, I spent $14.00 for two combo plates and a spring roll. I usually pay about $16 at our other favorite place. Overall was a pretty good experience.

Pink Swirls, next door to Panera bread is the best Sushi in MWC. not to mention the awesone yogurt for a sweet treat after the Sushi.

Quote Originally Posted by okieman1 View Post
    Pink Swirls, next door to Panera bread is the best Sushi in MWC. not to mention the awesone yogurt for a sweet treat after the Sushi.
    I walked into Pink Swirls the other day to check out their menu. I saw the huge, thick straws and asked if they served bubble tea. The girl at the counter didn't know what I was talking about and so I said "you know the big tapiocal pearls." She laughed and said "Oh you, mean boboa." I said "Yes, boboa, bubble tea, whatever." They were all acting like they didn't know what bubble tea was and like I was stupid for asking for it. So I decided to order a coconut mango bubble tea, like I always order in Little Saigon. Once again, the girl didn't know what I was talking about and the manager came over an proceeded to tell me (not in his exact words) that mango and coconut was a nasty combination and that it would taste horrible. The whole situation just felt a little awkward and kind of embarassed me so I just left. I would give them another try, however in a couple months.

We did take-out from China Moon tonight and I was pleasantly surprised.

The SO and I stuffed ourselves for $12. One combo platter with pepper steak, pork fried rice and an egg roll plus another egg roll and order of crab rangoon.

It was delicious! I can't eat beef, but Chaz said it was tender and tasted great - just enough seasoning to make it tasty but not overpowering.

The crab rangoon was outstanding and that was the best egg roll I've ever had. He still has half the beef and rice left over for another meal, so we definitely got our money's worth.

It's 2 blocks from the house, so we'll be partaking often!

Just saw a sign go up for a place called China Sky at 15th & Post

15. Default Re: New Chinese Food Places in MWC

Had Pink Swirl last night...the sushi was great. The only thing I didn't like was that the crab wasn't lump. It was the shredded kind so it was kind of dry. But overall, great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Just saw a sign go up for a place called China Sky at 15th & Post
    This is a name that I haven't heard of before, I hope it will be good. I've been looking forward to some Chinese food for takeaway on the east side of MWC.

Thread Information