Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center

Default Re: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Any ideas when latest renderings will come out?

This one shows 13 floors.
    That's the latest conceptual rendering for the Northwestern Mutual building, which will be built separately from the Cimarex tower to the east (same developer/contractor though). They are adding 6-7 stories of parking to the Cimarex tower so imagine that at 20 stories. Better renderings should be released soon; they are still working on the design. It's a design/build project with Flintco and Miles+Assoc. architects.

I have to say the design of the "tower" looks bad... like they're going for the hospital look.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I have to say the design of the "tower" looks bad... like they're going for the hospital look.
    It is Miles+Assoc. They have done some decent work (OU Children's Hospital is one of the better ones) but most of their designs are pretty lame. They are definitely no Pickard Chilton.

Well, some of their architects actually post on this board, but yeah they are a good hospital-design firm.

I like the NW Mutual building alright. I would have designed it much "lighter" but I think anyone would consider it a respectable, "safe" design. But I hate what looks like the one-story add-on (I imagine it's a walkway to the tower) along the street. Just reminds me of some really awkward Soviet govt buildings I've seen.

This project is breaking ground tomorrow! I haven't seen updated renderings but I assume they will be released soon.

This project broke ground today, and is now officially under construction! I'll post renderings when I see them.

Good deal, nice to see Tulsa's downtown getting some prime development, an 18 story tower across from BOK Center is nice.

Yay for Tulsa!!

Are you guys up in Tulsa going setup a One Place Tower Cam?

Hopefully. It would be interesting to watch this rise from the ground. Although, the camera angle probably won't have to be adjusted as many times as the Devon Tower cam.

They still haven't released renderings, but that may take several weeks considering that there is still no definite height and/or number of stories. The first few seven floors or so ate parking garage so we may see that being built before we see renderings. At least, that's what BG918 says.

Its a great project, and Tulsa will have the bragging rights to say they developed the first large scale mixed-used development in a downtown core, compared to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Its a great project, and Tulsa will have the bragging rights to say they developed the first large scale mixed-used development in a downtown core, compared to OKC.
    BIG DEAL, it's way past time everyone gets over the Tulsa vs OKC BS anyway.

I totally agree Rcjunkie. It isn't productive. They should be talking about how to work together not bash one another.

I agree. The Tulsa-OKC rivalry is silly. Having said that, if the competitiveness and/or jealousy can lead to better projects then I'm all for the pettiness continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    BIG DEAL, it's way past time everyone gets over the Tulsa vs OKC BS anyway.
    I don't think he was trying to start a rivalry thread, he was just saying that Tulsa would have the first major mixed use development in downtown. Hopefully OKC will have one soon. I'm glad that Tulsa has this, and it is kinda fun that we have it before OKC. Again, not trying to start a fight, more like healthy competition, no reason for anyone to be bitter. There is plenty that both cities have going for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX2 View Post
    I don't think he was trying to start a rivalry thread, he was just saying that Tulsa would have the first major mixed use development in downtown. Hopefully OKC will have one soon. I'm glad that Tulsa has this, and it is kinda fun that we have it before OKC. Again, not trying to start a fight, more like healthy competition, no reason for anyone to be bitter. There is plenty that both cities have going for them.
    Thanks, some people are just so defensive, lol. I'm just simply congratulating Oklahoma's second largest city, good job Tulsa.

Here's another rendering of the Place One development, shows the scale of the whole development:

^^Thats as good as it gets right there,all buildings will be built right to street level,and all on one block!Any word on the parking sitiuation for this complex?

Underground.

And there's an existing parking garage across the street

As this will be Oklahoma's first true mixed use development is there anything that you guy's could compare this too,so I could get a feel on what this might look like when completed!Also,someone might want to go over to SSC or SSP and start a new proposed thread for either the tallest tower in this development or the entire development in the Tulsa compilation thread!

It's not the only one. The Village on Main in Jenks is ahead of this one. Some of the outer buildings are completed, site work is about done and the core of the buildings is supposed to start in the next two weeks or so. Condos, restaurants, a hotel, an organic grocery store, retail, offices and a medical clinic all with structured parking in the middle in downtown Jenks. The medical clinic and one restaurant are open now.

It's the same developer doing both projects.

Article from yesterday on the project
    http://jenksjournal.com/news/council...cc4c03286.html

Quote Originally Posted by Swake2 View Post
    It's not the only one. The Village on Main in Jenks is ahead of this one. Some of the outer buildings are completed, site work is about done and the core of the buildings is supposed to start in the next two weeks or so. Condos, restaurants, a hotel, an organic grocery store, retail, offices and a medical clinic all with structured parking in the middle in downtown Jenks. The medical clinic and one restaurant are open now.

It's the same developer doing both projects.

Article from yesterday on the project
    http://jenksjournal.com/news/council...cc4c03286.html
    I think I like the OnePlace proposal better than this one even if this one is allready off the ground!I just like that OnePlace will be in dt Tulsa across the street from the BOK center and it will be vertical,and more urban imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    I think I like the OnePlace proposal better than this one even if this one is allready off the ground!I just like that OnePlace will be in dt Tulsa across the street from the BOK center and it will be vertical,and more urban imo.
    I obviously prefer the one in downtown Tulsa. But given that this is in a suburb, I'm pretty impressed by the density.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaRobert View Post
    I obviously prefer the one in downtown Tulsa. But given that this is in a suburb, I'm pretty impressed by the density.
    ^^Agreed,given that is IS a suburb and still Oklahoma's only true mixed use development say's alot!Any new info on this project?Anyone?

25. Default Re: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center

dmoor82, I like the one in Jenks better, because there is whole lot more greens. This is extremely important. The one in Tulsa...destructive. Just look at it. Is that what you want Earth to become?

Thread Information