Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center

Default Re: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center

Is there an OKC section in TulsaNow?I would love to post threads about development here in OKC in another city's forum!

It looks like a converted Fred Jones bldg.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Is there an OKC section in TulsaNow?I would love to post threads about development here in OKC in another city's forum!
    No, but there should be. You could probably post it in Other Discussion if you really wanted though.

^^I was just being an A$$,this is a great project for Tulsa and it would probably spur on more development in that area once completed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Capital View Post
    Actually, 150 rooms. And it's a "Hilton urban hotel" whatever the hell that means. ;-)
    I believe it will be a Hilton Garden Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I believe it will be a Hilton Garden Inn.
    When did you hear that?

It's going to be a "120-room hotel." And Eggleston has said the Hilton brand. 1+1=2

The Cimarex office tower will start site work next month. Flintco is the contractor (the same company that is building the Devon Tower, with Holder).

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    The Cimarex office tower will start site work next month. Flintco is the contractor (the same company that is building the Devon Tower, with Holder).
    Interesting, I have not been able to find anything recent reguarding this project except for that bidding was underway. Thank you for posting that information.

320,000 sq ft of office...maybe a hotel, no residences, some commercial.

Seriously...????? Or are you just "predicting?" Eggleston seems like a good developer. Village on Main is coming along quickly now.

And to clarify, site work will not begin next month, but more likely early summer.

The office tower is the first phase, followed by the hotel, and finally the mixed-use residential along Denver. There are property ownership issues complicating things from what I hear. That block is owned by several entities and not all are willing to sell..

This development will be breaking ground next month. Northwestern Mutual Insurance has just announced that they will be a tenant in this project, adding another 40,000 square feet. The budget has also been bumped up to 100 million.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/company...sa-development

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX2 View Post
    This development will be breaking ground next month. Northwestern Mutual Insurance has just announced that they will be a tenant in this project, adding another 40,000 square feet. The budget has also been bumped up to 100 million.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/company...sa-development
    40,000 square feet adds 60 million? Wow, that must really be some fancy 40,000 feet.

The previous budget was 80 million. It was bumped up from 40 mil a long time ago.

The previous budget was 80 million. It was bumped up from 40 mil a long time ago.
    That's still a major increase when adding 40,000 square feet to a 320,000 square feet project.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    That's still a major increase when adding 40,000 square feet to a 320,000 square feet project.
    Not really MAJOR. It went from $250 a sq ft @ $80M/320K sq feet to $277 a sq ft @ $100M and 360K sq feet. Minor increase may be due to custom build out of class A office space, or who knows. But it doesn't seem major in any sense, the increase that is.

I hope the actual elevation looks bettter than the drawings. However, T-Town has been getting some pretty damn good quality developments lately. I'm sure they won't drop the ball right across from the BOK. Go big or go home. Isn't that what they say?

Yeah, all their renderings have been very primitive. But they have a great architectural group that I'm sure will produce something great.

19. Default Re: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center

This is such a good development for Downtown Tulsa. Werk.

Yeah, all their renderings have been very primitive. But they have a great architectural group that I'm sure will produce something great.
    The architecture firm is Miles + Associates which is based in OKC. They also have offices in Tulsa, Dallas and Houston.

Seems the main building is getting larger. It has grown from 15 to 20 floors, according to some of the things I am hearing around town. Some of that may be parking deck.

Well, they did give a range of floors initially--I suspect they had a leasing agreement with Cimarex and then had success getting some other tenants as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well, they did give a range of floors initially--I suspect they had a leasing agreement with Cimarex and then had success getting some other tenants as well.
    Cimarex is now taking the entire building. There's a second office building that's going to house other office tenants in this project.

Cimarex is growing fast both in Denver and Tulsa. They will occupy the entire tower at 2nd & Cheyenne and Northwestern Mutual will occupy the smaller building at 2nd & Denver. The corner of 3rd & Cheyenne will be a hotel, likely 8-10 stories tall, and the corner of 3rd & Denver (directly across from the BOK Center entrance) will be mixed-use residential with retail/restaurant space along Denver and 3rd. That is the current plan. The two office buildings will start construction this summer. Flintco is the contractor.

Any ideas when latest renderings will come out?

This one shows 13 floors.

Thread Information