Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

calm down, people. it's a worst restaurant thread... who cares if somebody likes a restaurant you don't. back to topic.

-M

2. Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

I just had a random thought...I can't remember the last time I got a meal that wasn't exactly what I ordered. From anywhere, fast food or sit-down.

After guest car-hopping for the last two years as a fundraiser, I know now how crazy some people are when they order, at least at Sonic. One woman threw a fit, a crazy fit, at the drive-thru window over a blast. They were out of the tall lids, so they were putting regular lids on the blasts, and the girl did a little trick to mix them up, like a malt, to "get all the good stuff to the top," as she said. The woman saw her do this (after sending back the original blast back because there was a drip on the outside, I kid you not. She wanted a NEW one) and asked if the girl thought she was funny.

She drove away. I ate the blast. It was yummy, and all the "good stuff" was at the top.

But, like I said, I can't recall any recent past wrong orders. I've had some slow service at a few places, but nothing outrageous. Perhaps my standards are low. Perhaps I order things that are easy.
    Still corrupting young minds

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    > Multiple times I've gotten the wrong order

Not unique to that MickyD, or even that chain. Whether the folks entering orders into the screens viewed by the prep folks canna type or whether the prep folks canna read, I don't know.

I've largely abandoned fast food places. There is simple too great a growth rate of the inability to handle any order more complext than a #2 and coke. But on the rare times I do use someone's drive through, I probably tick off folks behind me.

I don't drive foward now until I know I have the right order, and if not, I sit until it is replaced.

I used to be a good lad and permit myself to be herded over to the blue or green signs or some other designated trouble maker spot to wait. However, after being left to sit in the corner once while I was forgotten about, that just doesn't happen anymore.

I dinna mess up my order, so I'm not gonna be the one to sit in time out when someone else does. if there is time to get it right the seocnd time (sometimes the third, but that's a whole other rant), then there is time to make it right the first time.

"Trouble-Maker spot".............:

4. Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

Not unique to that MickyD, or even that chain.

Oh you're definitely correct. That just shows how bad this particular one is to call it out...

5. Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

Carl's Jr. in MWC has to be the worst. You don't even have to go in that place. Just drive by some afternoon. There will be at least 2 "workers" smoking it up right outside the door.

Was going to get a burger there, since I haven't eaten there in a long time, and found out really quick why it had been so long since I've been there.

6. Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

Not unique to that MickyD, or even that chain. Whether the folks entering orders into the screens viewed by the prep folks canna type or whether the prep folks canna read, I don't know.

I've largely abandoned fast food places. There is simple too great a growth rate of the inability to handle any order more complext than a #2 and coke. But on the rare times I do use someone's drive through, I probably tick off folks behind me.

I don't drive foward now until I know I have the right order, and if not, I sit until it is replaced.

I used to be a good lad and permit myself to be herded over to the blue or green signs or some other designated trouble maker spot to wait. However, after being left to sit in the corner once while I was forgotten about, that just doesn't happen anymore.

I dinna mess up my order, so I'm not gonna be the one to sit in time out when someone else does. if there is time to get it right the seocnd time (sometimes the third, but that's a whole other rant), then there is time to make it right the first time.
    I've tried to abolish all fast-food/drive thru from my life for the same various reasons and because it's becoming more and more common for many of these companies to employ offshore talent for the drivethru order-taker, expecially McD's.. If I find a store doing this, I'll avoid it at all costs..

I wish I could 100% avoid all fastfood chains, but my work schedule/number of hours I work doesn't allow me to frequent many establishments that are open during "normal" hours, and very few places that aren't nationwide chains will deliver

The last "wrong" order I had was at the Rancher's Club in Stillwater (yes, I know, it's an OKC forum). My steak came out med well and I ordered med rare. What a pain.

Golden Coral. Uggh. I feel like a hog at the trough....
    Cici's pizza at 23rd and Meridian..... I believe my I.Q. drops 20 points upon entering..... they do have some good mexican pizza tho.
    Pizza Hut 23rd and meridian. FAIL
    You couldn't drag me into any macdonalds or carls or taco b.
    Last time I went to Cattlemen's Cafe, I couldn't get 20 feet away from a toilet for the rest of the day....(which is weird, they're usually awesome)
    I almost died from Wendy's once.
    Got a bad shrimp from Dot Wo once. Lost 10 lbs over that one.

heh..... KFC and Grandy's are horrible too. Dang you can almost taste the MSG in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Carl's Jr. in MWC has to be the worst. You don't even have to go in that place. Just drive by some afternoon. There will be at least 2 "workers" smoking it up right outside the door.

Was going to get a burger there, since I haven't eaten there in a long time, and found out really quick why it had been so long since I've been there.
    Amazing! Something we agree on. I emailed the owner of that Carl's Jr several months ago to tell him how horrible the food and service was. I got a breakfast sandwich that tasted like it was left over from the day before. The attitudes of some of the people there are just downright awful. The owner responded to my email and apologized but nothing changed since I went back a couple of times more to give them another chance. I don't go there anymore.

Anyone ever eat at Punch & Janies? It was located behind the O'Rielly's on 23rd & Western. Janie actually referred to a a friend of mine as "Chubs" when she asked what he wanted to order.

11. Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSkater View Post
    Golden Coral. Uggh. I feel like a hog at the trough.... Cici's pizza at 23rd and Meridian..... I believe my I.Q. drops 20 points upon entering..... they do have some good mexican pizza tho.
    Pizza Hut 23rd and meridian. FAIL
    You couldn't drag me into any macdonalds or carls or taco b.
    Last time I went to Cattlemen's Cafe, I couldn't get 20 feet away from a toilet for the rest of the day....(which is weird, they're usually awesome)
    I almost died from Wendy's once.
    Got a bad shrimp from Dot Wo once. Lost 10 lbs over that one.

heh..... KFC and Grandy's are horrible too. Dang you can almost taste the MSG in there.

Couldn't agree more about golden coral.....

But Cattlemen's?? Now that is weird.

12. Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post
    Amazing! Something we agree on. I emailed the owner of that Carl's Jr several months ago to tell him how horrible the food and service was. I got a breakfast sandwich that tasted like it was left over from the day before. The attitudes of some of the people there are just downright awful. The owner responded to my email and apologized but nothing changed since I went back a couple of times more to give them another chance. I don't go there anymore.

Amazing indeed!! I really don't know how Carl's stays in business.

Now here is the true test. Can we agree with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Amazing indeed!! I really don't know how Carl's stays in business.

Now here is the true test. Can we agree with this?
    Absolutely. Man, we're on a roll!

Oh yea, I also have to agree on Golden Coral. That place is worthless. Last time I went, I found like 3 things that looked edible in the whole joint. That was a while back, haven't been back since.

15. Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

I luv eating at Golden Corral. I don't honestly see anything wrong there. Everything is edible. The only interesting thing that I've learned from that place is that the eggs (for breakfast) is made from powder. Just add water. LOL

Never really had a bad rattle rattle, here come the cattle GC experience, though I do miss the old Ryan's, as the one in Norman was excellent in its day. The only two GC's I really ever land in are on 240 and in Norman. Sometimes out of state, but those are the two local ones for me.

A former boss of mine had a very thick southern (bordering on hillbilly) twang & referred to buffet places as "all ya could swaller fer a dollar." It always amused me that she could make the word swallow rhyme with dollar lol.

Never really had a bad rattle rattle, here come the cattle GC experience, though I do miss the old Ryan's, as the one in Norman was excellent in its day. The only two GC's I really ever land in are on 240 and in Norman. Sometimes out of state, but those are the two local ones for me.
    Funny how we all have pet names for golden corral. And they all involve cattle. lol We have always caledl it the golden feed trough. I've maybe eaten there three times. Its not the worst. Its just different. The main thing that sticks out to me every time I go there is the size of the other customers, and the amount of food they can pile on one plate. Before going back for plates 2-7. Its somehow funny and sad at the same time. I'm pretty lean so its almost a waste of time for me to go to a buffet. (except Mackeys....love it)

Is the Ryans you mentioned the same chain that took over Fire Mountain on I-40? If so would anyone recomend it? I'm afraid to try it since my experience with FM was so bad.

Prunepicker Guest

I'd like to go to a restaurant and not...

be called "guys".

tell us their name and surprise us that they'll be serving us. I don't want
    perky and bubbly, I want good service.

be asked, "how does everything taste?" If it stunk we'd tell you.

have some waitress/waiter keep the change without asking. I don't care if
    it's 5 cents. I'll determine the tip.

Funny you should mention the change part. I was thinking about listing that in the pet peeves section. And your right....its not about the amount, its about me deciding what to do with my money. I absolutely hate it when someone asks "do you want your change?"

or

getting all one dollar bills back when I order a $2 beer with a 10.

I really hated it once when the pizza delivery person wore a badge stating

"I accept tips" then when he handed me my $16 pizza order asked if I wanted my change from the $20 bill I had given him. If he hadnt asked or wore the badge I probably would have tipped him 2 or 3 dollars........he got nadda.
    I also hate restaurants that impose a tip on me or my group. It should be illegal.

21. Default Re: Instead of the best, how about the worst?

I understand why a pizza delivery would wear a badge with "I accept tips." I've never realized that they should be tipped. It's a good thing they wear the badge, cuz it shows the people that their wages depend on tips. No need to be mad about it.

Both of the Mickey D's in Shawnee are terrible. Usually overcrowded, dirty, slow, and poor food quality. If I want a GOOD one, I stop at the one just off I-40 westbound on the northside just before Tinker. They are everything the Shawnee ones aren't.

I share the negative with Arby's. Just went to one on Air Depot I think just north of Tinker. Food all over the floor and tables, trash all over, food quality was poor and the mens toilet was overflowing (clogged). When the staff was told about it, his response was , "so".

Quote Originally Posted by bandnerd View Post
    I just had a random thought...I can't remember the last time I got a meal that wasn't exactly what I ordered. From anywhere, fast food or sit-down.

After guest car-hopping for the last two years as a fundraiser, I know now how crazy some people are when they order, at least at Sonic. One woman threw a fit, a crazy fit, at the drive-thru window over a blast. They were out of the tall lids, so they were putting regular lids on the blasts, and the girl did a little trick to mix them up, like a malt, to "get all the good stuff to the top," as she said. The woman saw her do this (after sending back the original blast back because there was a drip on the outside, I kid you not. She wanted a NEW one) and asked if the girl thought she was funny.

She drove away. I ate the blast. It was yummy, and all the "good stuff" was at the top.

But, like I said, I can't recall any recent past wrong orders. I've had some slow service at a few places, but nothing outrageous. Perhaps my standards are low. Perhaps I order things that are easy.
    Reminds me of the time when someone ordered a margarita from the bar and when she received it she sent it back because it had salt. She of course never asked for one without salt. The bartender took a new glass poured salt in the bottom of the glass and filled it with the margarita. The lady was later asked how her margarita was and of course it was "wonderful".

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I'd like to go to a restaurant and not...

be called "guys".

tell us their name and surprise us that they'll be serving us. I don't want
    perky and bubbly, I want good service.

be asked, "how does everything taste?" If it stunk we'd tell you.

have some waitress/waiter keep the change without asking. I don't care if
    it's 5 cents. I'll determine the tip.
    In regards to everything except the tipping part, you should realize that these kids are trained to do all those things.

Hi, I'm Dan and I'll be your server tonight. Have you ever been to _____ before? No? Well, let me tell you that we cut all of our steaks fresh every day. Our signiture drink is the _____. Our feature (not special) is the ____. Can I start you off with a cold beer or margarita? How about an order of cheese fries?

Quote Originally Posted by westsidesooner View Post
    Funny you should mention the change part. I was thinking about listing that in the pet peeves section. And your right....its not about the amount, its about me deciding what to do with my money. I absolutely hate it when someone asks "do you want your change?"

or

getting all one dollar bills back when I order a $2 beer with a 10.

I really hated it once when the pizza delivery person wore a badge stating

"I accept tips" then when he handed me my $16 pizza order asked if I wanted my change from the $20 bill I had given him. If he hadnt asked or wore the badge I probably would have tipped him 2 or 3 dollars........he got nadda.
    I also hate restaurants that impose a tip on me or my group. It should be illegal.
    Sorry to post so many responses. The imposed gratuity is important on large groups for several reasons, the primary one being that if the bills on large groups are split, it's easy to "mistake" which one of the checks will leave a tip and then the waiter who rang $300 dollars gits nada or very little. Then he/she has to tip out (of his own money) to the other non-service staff. On top of that, the gratuity charged on groups of 8 or more is often less than 15%, so you are usually saving money (assuming you tip 15%).

Thread Information