Widgets Magazine
Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 853545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1568

Thread: Braum's

Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Braums has amazing milk. As an "avid" milk drinker, I had tasted many different kinds of milk and I can say Braums is hands down one of the best. I wish Braums was in California.
    I used to love Braums's Skim Milk, until I realized it was condensed and had 50% higher calories than normal Skim. It is really good, though.

I've never really like drinking straight milk by itself though, even when I was a kid. When I eat cereal, though, I drown it, let everything piece is floating with room at the bottom of the bowl. I do love chocolate milk. But I've pretty much given up cereal and I only do chocolate milk after a really crazy workout (like an all day hike). I will mix my protein powder in milk for breakfast a lot of the times, which is about the only way I drink it on a normal basis.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Cheaping out - Burgers shrinking, new milkshake formulation, and now chicken. Always a great sign when a company starts making everything as cheap as possible for them and still charging their regular price to customers.
    How did the change the milkshake "formulation?" It is milk and ice cream, if you want it thick, tell them and they put in more ice cream, want it thin, tell them and they put in more milk.

I personally thought the chicken strips went crappy years ago, or at least small.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kimball View Post
    I suppose I'd still buy ice cream there, out of the grocery section mind, if I still ate that much of it. They have a habit of rotating flavors which is annoying. Circus Animal Cookie was a real winner, which they got rid of last I checked.
    Animal Cookie was the best, no idea why they got rid of it, especially from the grocery side.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I've always found it interesting that we feed our children a product that in nature turns a 65 lb newborn calf into a 300 lb weanling calf in 90 days.
    Until ~70 years ago, you were much more worried about your child starving than becoming obese. Being able to drink milk into adulthood was a massive evolutionary advantage for humans, especially Europeans where the required gene is almost universal.

Bears get pretty big pretty quick eating nuts, berries and fish, so I don't think looking at growth rates of other animals based on similar food type (but not quantities) is really a relevant scale. A Calf is drinking a lot of full fat raw milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    How did the change the milkshake "formulation?" It is milk and ice cream, if you want it thick, tell them and they put in more ice cream, want it thin, tell them and they put in more milk....
    I don't really know, haven't had one of them in decades, just going by what was posted way back in the thread, something about using powder now, it's not just milk and ice cream, and not allowing them to be made the old way, lots of unhappy people back when they changed.

I could be wrong but I think reason people like Braums milk is cause of the slightly more sugar in it. Just doing a quick search. Borden Fat Free Skim Milk 12g sugar 4% Carbs Braum's Skim Milk 18g sugar 6% carbs. Braums Milk has more sugar in it a least compared to Borden.

Couldn't tell you the last time I had a glass of milk, however, Braum's still serving ice cream for basically no money in 2020 is a gift.

Blog Entries

I don't really know, haven't had one of them in decades, just going by what was posted way back in the thread, something about using powder now, it's not just milk and ice cream, and not allowing them to be made the old way, lots of unhappy people back when they changed.
    Only powder I ever see them add is malt, if asked for. Otherwise, they seem to be making it same way for as long as I can recall. Milkshake formula isn’t complicated.... milk and ice cream....maybe malt.

Something about them changed, if only for a short time. I loved their milkshakes, and around the time they shrunk their burgers, they changed the milkshake recipe. I only know this because the few I ordered after the menu change were terrible.

However, I had one a few weeks ago and it was good again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Only powder I ever see them add is malt, if asked for. Otherwise, they seem to be making it same way for as long as I can recall. Milkshake formula isn’t complicated.... milk and ice cream....maybe malt.
    Maybe it wasn't powder, but they changed the formulation somehow. I personally don't care because I don't ever patronize Braum's. The change was discussed on this thread back a year or so ago, so you can search it if you want to really find out. barrettd has it right with the simultaneous burger size changes.

Blog Entries

Lactose intolerance hits many of us beyond the 3rd decade.

Like many of you, use whole milk in recipes during the Thanksgiving to Valentine season. Otherwise, you'll find me in the soy milk (Silk) section of WinCos.

As for Braums, try their canned Braum's buttered biscuits in the dairy section--melts in your mouth if you don't over bake them.

10. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    As for Braums, try their canned Braum's buttered biscuits in the dairy section--melts in your mouth if you don't over bake them.
    Totally off the wall tidbit here.... But apparently catfish love them too.... I was tossing some in the creek behind my cabin near the Arbuckles for the turtles to eat one day and the channel cat started coming up and eating them off the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Lactose intolerance hits many of us beyond the 3rd decade.

Like many of you, use whole milk in recipes during the Thanksgiving to Valentine season. Otherwise, you'll find me in the soy milk (Silk) section of WinCos.

I can’t read “soy milk” without hearing Lewis Black’s voice.

They switched to condensed low fat milk, and the rumors was that they were adding protein powder to supplement the nutritional value. I'm not sure if these rumors were ever confirmed though. The use of condensed milk was confirmed by Braum's.

Try the Lactaid brand, or any brand of milk that is for the lactose intolerant.

BTW Lactaid type milk lasts for several months in the fridge, and is usually good for at least a week or 2 past the expiration date.

BTW I now buy the Lactaid cottage cheese too.

I think Lactaid is a brand name??? There are other brands doing the same thing.

14. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Try the Lactaid brand, or any brand of milk that is for the lactose intolerant.

BTW Lactaid type milk lasts for several months in the fridge, and is usually good for at least a week or 2 past the expiration date.

BTW I now buy the Lactaid cottage cheese too.

I think Lactaid is a brand name??? There are other brands doing the same thing.
    Fairlife has lactose-free milk that is great. I used to drink a gallon or more a week, but as I got older (which sounds like I'm not the only one) I've tried to avoid lactose as much as possible... especially in that large of quantities.

Braum's biscuits are great.

I love milk and I'm in my 40s. When I was a teenager I'd go through at least a gallon of whole milk every two days. I don't drink near as much now, but I'll go through a half gallon a week no problem. I have to limit myself on their chocolate milk, because I'll drink a half gallon of that in two days.

Any time I have a cookie, or a brownie, or a peanut butter sandwich, I have to have a big glass of whole milk to go with it. Delicious.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    Any time I have a cookie, or a brownie, or a peanut butter sandwich, I have to have a big glass of whole milk to go with it. Delicious.
    This right here. Add in cake, cupcakes, or any other number of delicious sweet treats.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think reason people like Braums milk is cause of the slightly more sugar in it. Just doing a quick search. Borden Fat Free Skim Milk 12g sugar 4% Carbs Braum's Skim Milk 18g sugar 6% carbs. Braums Milk has more sugar in it a least compared to Borden.
    Yeah, they condense the skim. I don't think they do that with the other levels of fat.

It says on the jug that it's been condensed. They aren't sneaking anything in.

I just got one, no powder. Powder is used in Malt, which taste very different. Maybe people got someone that didn't understand the difference between a shake and a malt.

As I said a few posts ago, I think they've improved the milkshakes back to their prior standard. I can assure you, a few years ago, something definitely changed in the way they make them, and they were terrible. It wasn't a case of confusing a malt and a shake, it was just a bad tasting shake.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    As I said a few posts ago, I think they've improved the milkshakes back to their prior standard. I can assure you, a few years ago, something definitely changed in the way they make them, and they were terrible. It wasn't a case of confusing a malt and a shake, it was just a bad tasting shake.
    Don't get your hopes up they are still using the shake milk. Probably what happen is they had some open milk from the morning and probably just threw it in your shake. It's not supposed to happen but i'm sure it does. Also If they machine is out of milk and don't have time to fill it they will just grab what is open. Just ask for it to be made with real milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    I just got one, no powder. Powder is used in Malt, which taste very different. Maybe people got someone that didn't understand the difference between a shake and a malt.
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...69#post1101469

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Don't get your hopes up they are still using the shake milk. Probably what happen is they had some open milk from the morning and probably just threw it in your shake. It's not supposed to happen but i'm sure it does. Also If they machine is out of milk and don't have time to fill it they will just grab what is open. Just ask for it to be made with real milk.
    Could very well be. When they made their change, at one point I did ask for one with real milk and it tasted terrible, so I'm guessing it didn't get made with real milk that time. I've had a few in the past few weeks and all were good, so I'm hopeful. I don't get them very often anymore, anyway.

I haven't really been going to Braums since they redid the Danforth location. But I do always go inside and haven't seen any changes in how they are made. I've never noticed a difference when they use jug milk vs milk out of the dispenser.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Yes, they absolutely did change. It was a cost-cutting measure. They concocted a "base" *milkshake* mix that was ordered to be used *instead* of bottled shelf milk, because using the shelf milk was taking away inventory from retail sales. When it got out, Braum's put out a bunch of corporate BS about it being "healthier" and "fortified" or whatever, as if people are drinking a milkshake for its health benefits.

For a time, individual managers were responding to requests to have the shakes make with actual, regular, real milk, but Braum's HQ found out about it and started threatening local managers with termination if they didn't use the mandated mix.

Yeah, that swirling motion you see is Braum's going down the toilet. Just to add a little ancillary insult to injury, my mom was telling me the other day she had picked up some "sale" butter from Braums the other day, but when she used it, noted it had a horrible smell and realized that, somehow, it had spoiled. Not sure how, exactly, but it was simply another nail in Braum's coffin. We don't do Braum's anymore. I think since the younger generation took it over, they've pretty much turned it into a pure bean-counting operation, the overall quality has gone in the crapper, and the leadership just doesn't care anymore. They'll throw a ton of money at a pretty storefront, and make sure it looks nice for a while, but once it isn't new or popular anymore, they'll let it rot.

I've lived in Oklahoma nearly all my life, and remember Braum's as a wonderful, special treat as a kid, great milk and dairy products, and even when my kids were little, we took the extra effort to get their products. That was 20 years ago. Braum's is no longer worth the effort, at least not for me/my family. I also know they don't give two rips about my opinion, either. If they still work for someone else, that's great, power to ya. They're living on their name IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Yes, they absolutely did change. It was a cost-cutting measure. They concocted a "base" *milkshake* mix that was ordered to be used *instead* of bottled shelf milk, because using the shelf milk was taking away inventory from retail sales. When it got out, Braum's put out a bunch of corporate BS about it being "healthier" and "fortified" or whatever, as if people are drinking a milkshake for its health benefits.

For a time, individual managers were responding to requests to have the shakes make with actual, regular, real milk, but Braum's HQ found out about it and started threatening local managers with termination if they didn't use the mandated mix.

Yeah, that swirling motion you see is Braum's going down the toilet. Just to add a little ancillary insult to injury, my mom was telling me the other day she had picked up some "sale" butter from Braums the other day, but when she used it, noted it had a horrible smell and realized that, somehow, it had spoiled. Not sure how, exactly, but it was simply another nail in Braum's coffin. We don't do Braum's anymore. I think since the younger generation took it over, they've pretty much turned it into a pure bean-counting operation, the overall quality has gone in the crapper, and the leadership just doesn't care anymore. They'll throw a ton of money at a pretty storefront, and make sure it looks nice for a while, but once it isn't new or popular anymore, they'll let it rot.

I've lived in Oklahoma nearly all my life, and remember Braum's as a wonderful, special treat as a kid, great milk and dairy products, and even when my kids were little, we took the extra effort to get their products. That was 20 years ago. Braum's is no longer worth the effort, at least not for me/my family. I also know they don't give two rips about my opinion, either. If they still work for someone else, that's great, power to ya. They're living on their name IMO.
    Quality rip on "millennials" there but they aren't the problem. Making a quality burger costs money. So either Braum's has higher than normal prices or they use cheaper materials. So of course their quality has gone down.

And this is a Capitalist America. Braum's, like literally every other company in America is going to do everything they can to make as much money as they can.

I've never been a huge Braum's fan, but the difference in their meats and burger sizes from the change a few years ago, as well as their change in their milkshakes has seemed pretty negligible.

Sorry you hate dealing with kids running businesses now though. It's only going to get worse for you. /shrug.

Thread Information