Thread: Braum's

Default Re: Braum's

L.A. Times: Braum's is the best burger joint. You'll wish you were here

https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2...gers-ice-cream

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    L.A. Times: Braum's is the best burger joint. You'll wish you were here

https://www.latimes.com/food/story/2...gers-ice-cream
    They really need to try some of the, oh, at least a dozen other burger joints that are leagues better than Braum's. I'd really love to see a story from them if they came back now, to see how their beloved Braum's has fared since 2015, bet it won't be as rosy.

3. Default Re: Braum's

I mean. I still love Braum's. It was one of the first places I went to when I moved back a couple of months ago. People on this board love to bitch and moan about everything. In reality, it's still a good place to get a burger and shake. I'll probably get lunch there today.

braums is still great and hard to beat

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    braums is still great and hard to beat
    If they're being compared to McD's, Burger King, JITB, Whataburger, etc., then maybe.

Realized I've been comparing apples (fast-food burgers like Braum's) to oranges (actual good burgers like Patty Wagon's).

There are 3 distinct categories of burger restaurants and restaurants in general:

Fast Food
    Drive-thru, chain (McD's, Braum's, etc.)

Counter Service
    Slower, no drive-thru (Patty Wagon, Tuckers, Garage, 5 Guys, Lip Smackers, Nic's etc.)

Full Service
    Table service (Republic, Pub W, Nic's Diner, etc.)

Completely unfair to compare across those lines and usually prices are equally different.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I mean. I still love Braum's. It was one of the first places I went to when I moved back a couple of months ago. People on this board love to bitch and moan about everything. In reality, it's still a good place to get a burger and shake. I'll probably get lunch there today.
    Braums is like a lot of chain stores... the quality of the preparation seems highly dependent on the quality of the manager of that particular store. I've had really great product and service at some Braums and some pretty bad burgers at others.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There are 3 distinct categories of burger restaurants and restaurants in general:

Fast Food
    Drive-thru, chain (McD's, Braum's, etc.)

Counter Service
    Slower, no drive-thru (Patty Wagon, Tuckers, Garage, 5 Guys, Lip Smackers, Nic's etc.)

Full Service
    Table service (Republic, Pub W, Nic's Diner, etc.)

Completely unfair to compare across those lines and usually prices are equally different.
    i feel like this should be pinned to the top of all burger threads ... lol

it is also why in n out (fast food) and 5 guys/shake shack (counter service) are not in the same category

Tuesday was a sad day. The Braum's location at 39th and Tulsa switched their chicken supplier. The "crispy" option on the club sandwich, and the tenders, were both obviously a new supplier. Press formed and questionable breading, a huge step down from the previous items. Sad sad day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantison View Post
    Tuesday was a sad day. The Braum's location at 39th and Tulsa switched their chicken supplier. The "crispy" option on the club sandwich, and the tenders, were both obviously a new supplier. Press formed and questionable breading, a huge step down from the previous items. Sad sad day indeed.
    Cheaping out - Burgers shrinking, new milkshake formulation, and now chicken. Always a great sign when a company starts making everything as cheap as possible for them and still charging their regular price to customers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Cheaping out - Burgers shrinking, new milkshake formulation, and now chicken. Always a great sign when a company starts making everything as cheap as possible for them and still charging their regular price to customers.
    Their Chicken Strips have gotten very small. I think Braums is ok but there are just better choices out there. Maybe not for ice cream but for burgers and chicken than yes actually much better choices

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Braums today is def. not the same quality as in the past when Vern or whatever his name was doing those commercials. They were really good back then on a consistent basis. Today it's a crap shoot and just never know what you might get.

I wish I could in good conscience join you, and refrain from the bitching-and-moaning (really factual assessment, but we'll roll with this, it's catchy!). I hope you enjoy. I've moved on.

I suppose I'd still buy ice cream there, out of the grocery section mind, if I still ate that much of it. They have a habit of rotating flavors which is annoying. Circus Animal Cookie was a real winner, which they got rid of last I checked.

15. Default Re: Braum's

... People on this board love to bitch and moan about everything. ....
    When People on this board don't agree with me I consider them bitching and moaning [Damn autocorrect. There, I fixed it for you]

I ate at the Reno Council location a couple of days ago. It was good, the place was clean and packed at lunchtime. My preference for fast food burger if I want it to go, Sonic. Sit down, Braums, except for the few locations that are cramped and dirty most of the time, like Classen. I avoid the rest of the fast food burger joints.

17. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kimball View Post
    I wish I could in good conscience join you, and refrain from the bitching-and-moaning (really factual assessment, but we'll roll with this, it's catchy!). I hope you enjoy. I've moved on.
    Ok.

18. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    When People on this board don't agree with me I consider them bitching and moaning [Damn autocorrect. There, I fixed it for you]
    Thank you.

I had a Braum's burger last week - great.
    I had a Braum's salad yesterday - terrible.
    I was eating at a BURGER joint - how did I THINK that would turn out!?

Borden just declared bankruptcy following Dean Foods -- the largest milk-producer in the U.S.

Milk consumption continues to drop and related expenses keep going up. Wonder how this might affect Braum's.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/06/busin...tcy/index.html

Despite all the marketing, there is growing evidence that milk doesn't do you much good as an adult, as humans are the only mammal to keep consuming after childhood. There are estimates that 65% of all adults have issues digesting lactose.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/u...much-good.html

While humans are the only mammal to consume milk post childhood, no other mammals enjoy honey cheerios, oreos, or chocolate cake. Lol

I love whole milk. I used to drink a gallon a day and I cut back because I was certain that wasn’t healthy or eventually would catch up with me. I still go through 2-3 gallons a week.

^

That's a ton of animal fat you are consuming.

You should get your cholesterol level checked.

I need a checkup in general. I haven’t been to the doctor in over a year. That is something I have been meaning to do. I am in OKC for a few weeks but when I return to LA my plan is to get health insurance and have a full screen checkup.

25. Default Re: Braum's

I've always found it interesting that we feed our children a product that in nature turns a 65 lb newborn calf into a 300 lb weanling calf in 90 days.

Thread Information