Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 44950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1568

Thread: Braum's

Default Re: Braum's

I live at SW 29th and Morgan road and there are a bunch of neighborhoods over here. We are right in the middle of the Mustang Braums, the I40 and Mustang rd Braums, and the I40 and Council Braums where are all are a bit of a drive for milk so this location will be very nice.

I read on the news that a Braum's in Del City was robbed and the manager was pistol whipped. They are offering a measly 2k reward for information leading to the arrest of the robber.

Now first and foremost I hope the employees involved are ok. I cannot imagine having a gun pointed at me and, god willing, I hope I am never in that situation.

But only 2k? I don't know. This company has always given me the reputation that it is run by cheap management. I worked there for two weeks, and I can tell you that the wages are pretty bad and the employees attitudes reflect that. This 2k reward only amplifies my beliefs.

Yes I understand that labor is disposable. I imagine they are more concerned about the money than the wellbeing of the employees, but this may be the smallest reward I have ever seen for this crime.

With that being said I hope they catch the guy.

I read on the news that a Braum's in Del City was robbed and the manager was pistol whipped. They are offering a measly 2k reward for information leading to the arrest of the robber.

Now first and foremost I hope the employees involved are ok. I cannot imagine having a gun pointed at me and, god willing, I hope I am never in that situation.

But only 2k? I don't know. This company has always given me the reputation that it is run by cheap management. I worked there for two weeks, and I can tell you that the wages are pretty bad and the employees attitudes reflect that. This 2k reward only amplifies my beliefs.

Yes I understand that labor is disposable. I imagine they are more concerned about the money than the wellbeing of the employees, but this may be the smallest reward I have ever seen for this crime.

With that being said I hope they catch the guy.

Seems to me that a two thousand dollar reward is not overly cheap. I can’t really recall how many places offer any reward after a robbery.

Yeah I was going to mention that I can't say I've ever heard of a restaurant offering any money. Not that I'm batting for Braum's here.

6. Default Re: Braum's

Happen to know which one it was?

Different company, but i'm sure most say the same thing. My retail experience training was if someone comes to rob you, give them what they want and dont ask questions. The company is insured and your life and safety isn't worth it. I'm not saying the employee did something wrong...i wasn't there...but what would cause it to escalate to that if you're forking the money over?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    what would cause it to escalate to that if you're forking the money over?
    Sometimes a perp simply wants to be violent and needs no escalation, just an opportunity. The hidden-camera clips shown on TV seem to indicate this might have been such a situation.

Can't believe someone would be stupid enough to rob a burger stand, especially these days when the vast majority of transactions are made with credit cards. There was probably less than $2k cash in the store.

With all of that said, I just wanted to mention that Braum's is absolutely delicious, and I'm always pleasantly surprised to see that they are keeping the quality high and the prices low.

Would it be unfair to suggest that Suburban Improvements, powered by forces such as The Gazette, led to the recent demise of Johnnie's Burgers Number Two, on Britton Rd? And where is that Promised Braum's where the Blockbuster Video Outlet used to be? Will ND Foods (and art museum be next?) Stay tuned for further developments regarding Hipster Sprawl . . . Or, say nope to dope.

I seem to recall that the Johnnie's on Britton is closed for remodeling and will reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Would it be unfair to suggest that Suburban Improvements, powered by forces such as The Gazette, led to the recent demise of Johnnie's Burgers Number Two, on Britton Rd? And where is that Promised Braum's where the Blockbuster Video Outlet used to be? Will ND Foods (and art museum be next?) Stay tuned for further developments regarding Hipster Sprawl . . . Or, say nope to dope.
    Johnnie's is closed for remodeling. I think the Britton Road construction late phases will make it much harder to reach them that it was for businesses on the north side of the street. I hear they are going to add alcohol service.

Braum's is still on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    As for the Braums, they have been clearing the building so they can demolish and Re-build.

Street improvements on Britton and on Penn have wreaked havoc on businesses in the area and slowed all kinds of activity.

I guess some stores are handing out fliers saying calling ahead to place your grocery order and have it ready for pick up. Anyone know what stores are doing this? Good luck having someone pick up the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I guess some stores are handing out fliers saying calling ahead to place your grocery order and have it ready for pick up. Anyone know what stores are doing this? Good luck having someone pick up the phone.
    Or finding someone who can find your order, etc.

It's hard to find someone to check you out even when you are actually in the store.

15. Default Re: Braum's

10/23/2019 LA TIMES: 'Braum’s is the best burger joint. You’ll wish you were here'

*He must have eaten at a different Braums than I go to..... (just saying)

I just don't understand the hate this board seems to have for Braums. I have never had a bad meal there, which is more than I can say for most fast food places (CFA and Whataburger are the exceptions). Never had my order gotten wrong (which happens EVERYWHERE, not just Braums). It is a place that is pretty darn consistent. As an auditor, I have traveled from Beaver to Idabel. Braums tasted good in both places. Not saying it is the best in the world, but it seems like they get crapped on a lot.

Great to see them get some recognition nationally!

I love Braum's and missed it badly all those years in Cali.

The issue is their stores are not very clean, the one nearest me is very dated and they have management issues.

But people still flock so clearly they are doing a lot of things right. I'm very glad to have access.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I love Braum's and missed it badly all those years in Cali.

The issue is their stores are not very clean, the one nearest me is very dated and they have management issues.

But people still flock so clearly they are doing a lot of things right. I'm very glad to have access.
    Oh, I wasn't bashing anyone. I am sure I have had a bad experience somewhere where others have not. Just seemed for a while every post was about what Braums does wrong.

Was not meaning to seem rude.

19. Default Re: Braum's

They've changed something..... The meat? The buns? Something. Burger hasn't tasted 'like they used to' in years IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    They've changed something..... The meat? The buns? Something. Burger hasn't tasted 'like they used to' in years IMO.
    not sure i agree. It is delicious every time, especially the Edmond locations.

Yeah I can’t believe how good their burgers were when I first tried them. I’d say they are on par or better than in-n-out when they’re done right. Only problem is consistency.

Every friend I’ve taken there who hasn’t been loved it. Their milk is amazing as well.

22. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    not sure i agree. It is delicious every time, especially the Edmond locations.
    I don't expect anyone to agree (or disagree)... but other comments here and reviews elsewhere show lots of people love Braums and lots of people don’t care for it. No different than any other restaurant. What I don’t get is people who are shocked other’s tastes don’t conform with their own. Not directed at you. But others literally seem surprised anyone would dare question their opinion of what I consider just a run of the mill fast food burger place. that said, I’ve been known to drive an hour to go to a favorite burger spot when people in that area don’t consider it all that unique.

The problem I have with Braum's is that a lot of their stores are really dated, and generally feel like stepping into the most depressing parts of 70s-era America.

Coming from the Midwest, it also feels like Culver's just puts out a better, more consistent product.

Also...the attempt to tear down Classen Circle was, and still is, absolute garbage.

24. Default Re: Braum's

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The problem I have with Braum's is that a lot of their stores are really dated, and generally feel like stepping into the most depressing parts of 70s-era America.

Coming from the Midwest, it also feels like Culver's just puts out a better, more consistent product.

Also...the attempt to tear down Classen Circle was, and still is, absolute garbage.
    Culver's is 10x the burger that Braum's and Johnnie's is. Also Wisconsin cheese curds, so delicious.

Gotta say I have never been overly impressed with Culver's burgers. lol. They always seem like the boiled patty burgers we used to get from the school cafeteria. Definitely not better than Braum's, in my opinion. Again, to each their own.

I like Braum's. Yes, their service is always hit or miss. Some of the locations aren't as tidy as they should be, at times. But, like others have said I do typically get a very good burger when I get one from Braum's. All, I know is if my hands and my immediate area don't smell like onions afterwards, then I'll be disappointed, but having the Braum's buger always does that. Maybe the folks that don't llike Braum's don't like onions? Just a wacky theory. lol

Thread Information