Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678954 ... LastLast

Thread: Braum's

1. Default Re: Braums planning to rebuild 59 stores

...and routinely run by retarded, under-supervised, high-schoolers.

Default Re: Braums planning to rebuild 59 stores

Hopefully the Braum's along I-35 in the Lewisville-Denton, Texas, area is getting replaced. It is definitely one of the OLD designs. Does anyone know if it is planning to be rebuilt? I can't believe corporate has allowed it to remain there for so long. Its signage is definitely way out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerj View Post
    Hopefully the Braum's along I-35 in the Lewisville-Denton, Texas, area is getting replaced. It is definitely one of the OLD designs. Does anyone know if it is planning to be rebuilt? I can't believe corporate has allowed it to remain there for so long. Its signage is definitely way out of date.
    Right now the stores they have on the list to replace are the smaller model non drive thru stores.
    They are also remodeling some of the other stores that do have drive thrus but there aren't as many of those they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    ...and routinely run by retarded, under-supervised, high-schoolers.
    Well...I won't deny that!

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    nothing against you superchris, but for me braum's seems to be routinely slow whether or not they are busy. -M
    This is probably because of the retards!

5. Default Re: Braums planning to rebuild 59 stores

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    The new Braums at 39th and Tulsa opened on Monday. If anyone would take a picture and post we could see the new design. It is quite different from other stores I have visited. The outside uses a lot of stonework and the inside is more segregated between the grocery side and the restaurant side.
    Or if you live in Norman and have driven down Lindsey just east of campus, you've seen this store model for almost a year now. Definitely an improvement.

6. Default Re: Braums planning to rebuild 59 stores

For those still wanting to see what the new stores look like, you can access a page on their newest store here: Braum's Ice Cream!

Also, you can see a larger image at this location: www.lippertbros.com/images/pic-braums1-big.jpg

I must confess that these are remarkably better looking than previous Braum's stores. As a native Oklahoman, I really missed Braum's for the 16 months I was temporarily located in Orlando, FL.

Anyway... for what it's worth, thought I'd share the pictures.

Paul
    --------------------------------
    I AM PS3

7. Default Re: Braums planning to rebuild 59 stores

Meh. Looks like it belongs at Kelly & Covell in Edmond.

Thanks for posting those pictures I AM PS3. I drove by the new Braums on 39th and Tulsa almost every day while they were building it and didn't recognize it as a Braums until I saw the distinctive B on the building when it was pretty close to being done. I even knew a Braums was going in close to there but the address that someone posted on this site was a few blocks to the west of the where the building actually went in.

9. Default Re: Braums planning to rebuild 59 stores

I certainly hope the braums on 19th in moore is expedited to #1 on the list of renovations. Its a piece of crap and the wood paneling is awful!

Service may suck, buts some of the best ice cream known to man!

If it has a drive-thru it may be awhile before it is replaced. If it does not have a drive-thru, it will be one of the 59 they are planning on replacing.

I hope Braum's could take some stock in the maintenance of their stores, old or new. There's a great disparity among stores in fairly close proximity to each other, in terms of cleanliness.

As an example, the store at SW 89th east of Penn is usually not very clean - heck, I don't even like to go in there anymore - but the store on S. Western just north of 119th is usually very sharp. Don't get that, as fastidious as Braum's seems to be about everything else...

-Dave

The one one 18th and Classen is pretty nice. I tell ya, Braum's has the best hamburgers around.

Default Braums

I admit that I do 98% of my shopping at walmart and crest for convince reasons but I do like to get milk and ice cream from braums when I can. Im curious though about the new larger braums with the expanded market area. According to their website the are ones open in okc (along with mwc and some other areas. But they don't go on to say which stores they are.
    Does anyone know which locations offer the larger "W" concept?

Default Re: Braums

I shop at the new Braums at 39th and Tulsa which I guess has the new concept. The restaurant portion is physically separated from the market side by a wall. I shop there all the time for milk, eggs, and other dairy as well as salads and produce. I think I have only been to the restaurant side 1 time and I have been in there at least once a week since they opened.

I'm not a fan of the slow slow service on the meal side (though I found one, and thus far only one, notable exception, the Braum's in Perry OK. Those folks be FAST!)

Their milk products are excellent, I will give them their due
    Last edited by kevinpate; 05-03-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typos

The W concept maybe the new remodel they are doing to the older stores.

The store at NW Expressway and Meridian was recently remodeled to a new format. The store near 89th and Penn is currently undergoing that same remodel.

17. Default Re: Braums

There is one that went under a complete change on 15th, way out there, I think passed Douglas or Midwest Blvd. Not sure, I forgot the name of the street, but it is across the street from the new Buy for Less. It's close to Choctaw.

I know of one at 15th and Post in Midwest City by the Blockbuster, and Buy For Less.

They also have the larger format at the Braum's in Choctaw.

There's one at around 17th and classen blvd. It has fruits, veggies, meats and snack type foods. It's nice, but small, and one could not do their full grocery shopping there. But if you just need something quick then it is pretty convenient.

There is another Braum's thread talking about the remodel and it listed the stores. If you're curious, you may want to do a search for a list of stores getting the remodel. Most that I've noticed have it now. It's nothing to write home about. The one on NW 39th and Tulsa is probably the nicest I've seen, but it still is ugly and out of place. I will never get the Braum's family marketing and design strategy.

Default braums has 9 new flavors of ice cream and frozen yogurt

starting today we have 9 new flavors

premium flavors

chocolate cheesecake

chunky chocolate cheesecake

triple chocolate cheese cake

birthday cake

dulche de leche cheesecake

light ice cream

pomegrante cheese cake

frozen yougurt

mixed berry granola

blackberry and cream with almonds

sherbet

pomegrante

so stop on by your local braums and try one of these new flavors they will be sold in both the fresh market area as well as the cone line

enjoy

Default Re: braums has 9 new flavors of ice cream and frozen yogurt

What?!?!?! No blueberry cheesecake?

Sigh, y'all just don't love me, that's what the problem be. But, I'll give ya props anyhows if the blackberry and creme be good. Does it come sans almonds, or are they already ground into the mix on the production end of things?

mixed in already all our ice cream that has nuts and thing are mixed in and i hear ya about the blueberry cheesecake

okie doke. I doubt an almond or three will do me any permanent damage. No allergies, don't really even detest nuts, but I'm not real crazy about them either.

Blackberries on the other hand, YUM! Even the memories are tasty when you're talking blackberries. I'll have to swing by one today.

Whatever happened to the Brownie Batter they introduced a year or so ago?

Thread Information