Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141560 ... LastLast

Thread: Braum's

Default Re: Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    braum's mix is nasty, its a pathetic attempt at the more popular blizzard by dairy queen.

unlike dairy's queen's superior frozen treat which has bits of candy finely crushed and thoroughly blended in with the ice cream, braums incarnation is just a bunch of ginormous candy chunks blended through it, and even worse, more huge chunks of candy to choke on piled high on top of it.
    Blizzards suck. There is nothing better on this Earth than a Braum's chocolate and strawberry Mix.

we do accomodate the handicapped

3. Default Re: Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

Quote Originally Posted by RealJimbo View Post
    Well said!!! Maybe if one could get 1 or 2 items as you say and it requires a handicap placard shown to the person at the window?
    Because no one's going to show up at the window after having ordered and not have their placard? Yeah, right. People would take advantage of that right and left. This would slow down an already slow process (and frankly, I don't know what Braum's you all go to or what you order, but it's usually fairly fast for me, unless I get chicken strips and those take awhile to cook, and anyone that cooks chicken should know that!).

"Oh, I'm sorry, it must be here somewhere. I must have just misplaced it. Surely you wouldn't take the milk back now, would you? You wouldn't do that to a crippled little old lady now, would you?"
    Still corrupting young minds

4. Default Re: Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

...and we wonder why OKC was voted the fattest city!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    On the contrary---I don't think there was any questioning.

Wait a second, though; Airplane's outline inspires a question. Have they started making shakes and malts with frozen yogurt unless ice cream is requested? Thank you for your input, Braums manager.

Quote Originally Posted by airplane777 View Post
    Drew Braum should take note or advice from postings on this form. I can sum it all up in three points.

1. Please sell one or two grocery items through the drive through. (There is a huge market for this business concept.)

2. Please do not make malts, shakes or mixes with soft serve frozen yogurt, unless requested. (Typically most people do not like soft serve as soft serve frozen yogurt is used as a cheep substitute for real Ice cream - Real Ice Cream is something Braums was once known for.)

3. Pay your employees fair and treat them with respect. ( I hate seeing a manager with a power trip pushing the teenager workers to their limits, I'm surprised the managers have not learned they will not get real results by treating people poorly.)
    Like your list, but may I add:

4. Please CLEAN up the stores! They are filthy! I've been in theaters with cleaner floors than Braum's...and the restrooms at Braum's are worse than at any fast food place.

5. Require employees to wear fresh aprons at least daily, or better yet, replace aprons half-way through their shift.

6. Wait on customers who do walk in! It's sad to see five employees waiting on the drive-thru and only one working the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by braums manager View Post
    we do accomodate the handicapped
    Curious....in what way does Braum's accomodate the handicapped?

Quote Originally Posted by old okie View Post
    Like your list, but may I add:

4. Please CLEAN up the stores! They are filthy! I've been in theaters with cleaner floors than Braum's...and the restrooms at Braum's are worse than at any fast food place.

5. Require employees to wear fresh aprons at least daily, or better yet, replace aprons half-way through their shift.

6. Wait on customers who do walk in! It's sad to see five employees waiting on the drive-thru and only one working the counter.
    This. I also recall a time when the lone employee tending the walk-in customer (me) answered the phone twice (taking call in orders) before getting to me. Hello, I am actually HERE trying to give you money. Take care of ME. They will call back.

Quote Originally Posted by free won't View Post
    on the contrary---i don't think there was any questioning.

wait a second, though; airplane's outline inspires a question. have they started making shakes and malts with frozen yogurt unless ice cream is requested? thank you for your input, braums manager.
    no

Curious....in what way does Braum's accomodate the handicapped?
    The same way all stores do, handicap parking, asistance if needed, etc:, they will even carry your items to your car if needed.

Found it interesting that many of you want soft serve ice cream but yesterday Sonic announced they are adding machine-dispensed real ice cream.

Sonic Drive-Ins scoop up real ice cream
    (BY JENNIFER PALMER)
    Published: May 26, 2010
    Email a friend

Looking to improve the quality of the food on its menu, Sonic Drive-Ins have begun serving real ice cream at all its restaurants.

NewsOK

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Found it interesting that many of you want soft serve ice cream but yesterday Sonic announced they are adding hand dipped ice cream.

NewsOK
    Nit-picking, I know, but where does it say "hand-dipped"?

your right, I fixed it.

Jeu, set, match Sonic.

Good thing about soft-frozen yogurt is that it is 99% fat free.

Quote Originally Posted by mecarr View Post
    This is Okc, nobody here cares about Fat Free! Didn't you know?

Quote Originally Posted by mecarr View Post
    Perhaps the only good thing.

—F.W., Fat City

Quote Originally Posted by Free Won't View Post
    Perhaps the only good thing.
    —F.W., Fat City
    Unless you do as I do and order it dipped in chocolate, not as good as a dip cone from Dairy Queen, but it will do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    The same way all stores do, handicap parking, asistance if needed, etc:, they will even carry your items to your car if needed.
    My question is directed to Braum's Manager. I park in handicapped, manage to get myself inside, using a cane. Go get milk, take to counter. Go get bread, take to counter. Go get orange juice, take to counter. Go get eggs, take to counter. Go get bacon, take to counter. Get check out. Have 2 bags, one hand to carry. Never one offer of help. Have you ever been handicapped? It sucks! Nobody likes to always have to ask for help from those to whom we are giving our money. At the door, non-employees always...ALWAYS are kind enough to hold the door...they can see I am walking with a cane. Even women do this. I'm just saying that if Braum's is claiming to accommodate the handicapped, they haven't shown me. By the way, handicapped parking spaces are the law, so no biggie in Braum's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Unless you do as I do and order it dipped in chocolate, not as good as a dip cone from Dairy Queen, but it will do for now.
    FF yogurt needs that type of kindness. Good on ya for protecting it from the elements, if only for a brief while.
    Last edited by kevinpate; 05-30-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    OKC is the fattest city cause its really one of the most boring. Theres not too much to do here. Many of the malls are closing or have closed.

So all there is to do is play video games, stuff your face at home or at a restaurant, light up a few smokes to ease your depression, or cuddle up to your chunky sweetheart on the couch.

22. Default Re: Braums and soft serve, or the lack thereof

My question is directed to Braum's Manager. I park in handicapped, manage to get myself inside, using a cane. Go get milk, take to counter. Go get bread, take to counter. Go get orange juice, take to counter. Go get eggs, take to counter. Go get bacon, take to counter. Get check out. Have 2 bags, one hand to carry. Never one offer of help. Have you ever been handicapped? It sucks! Nobody likes to always have to ask for help from those to whom we are giving our money. At the door, non-employees always...ALWAYS are kind enough to hold the door...they can see I am walking with a cane. Even women do this. I'm just saying that if Braum's is claiming to accommodate the handicapped, they haven't shown me. By the way, handicapped parking spaces are the law, so no biggie in Braum's favor.
    They do what they are required to do by law. The rest is just a favor. They are not required to help you in any way more than giving you parking, the space in the bathroom, and to let you have a seeing eye dog if you require one, as far as I understand. They are accommodating you--you are asking for more than is required. And in this day and age, that is asking a lot.
    Still corrupting young minds

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    OKC is the fattest city cause its really one of the most boring. Theres not too much to do here. Many of the malls are closing or have closed.

So all there is to do is play video games, stuff your face at home or at a restaurant, light up a few smokes to ease your depression, or cuddle up to your chunky sweetheart on the couch.

Or go for a walk/jog at one of several local parks, play tennis, ride mountain bikes at one of 3 off road bike trails, or walk the canal in Brictown, or walk the trails along the Oklahoma River, or climb the walls at OKC Rocks, or skate board at one of 3 skate parks, or swim at one of several public pools, or go bowling or ride the canal boats or ride the river boats (one serves dinner), or roller blade or go roller or ice skating, or go to a movie (theater or drive in), or visit one of many museums, the list of things to do goes on and on, I just listed a few for starters.

I can empathize with RealJimbo and applaud him for his efforts to do his shopping. I have even helped individuals take out their groceries that truly have disabilities. The ones that have abused the drive thru and have caused the limitation were the fat and lazy. I have seen them order a complete grocery list because they are to lazy to go in for themselves. Bacon, juice, ice cream, cones, sausage, coke, freezes with ALL the toppings, etc... Notice no veggies or healthier items. Heck with the need to continually consume something they are practically gnawing at their steering wheel before the clerk can get their items to them. Those are the people that caused Braum's to cut back on their window ordering. I wonder if 7-11 or On CUE will start installing motorized scooters? BTW I love the frozen yogurt. It's my favorite.

have you called your local store and said look im am handicapped can you help me with a grocery list

we have customers do this all the time call and say we will be there at so and so can you have someone waiting

Thread Information