Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bagel Cafe open in June

Default Bagel Cafe open in June

The Bagel Cafe will open at the corner of Covell and Kelley some time in June.
    This is the group that currently operates the Bagel Cafe on north May Ave. Should be a welcome addition to the area.

Default Re: Bagel Cafe open in June

For some reason I just had a Seinfeld episode flash through my mind...

Somebody help me here.

Kramer had once worked at a bagel cafe. He stated that the employees had walked out on strike. In the episode he went back to work when the strike had ended some many years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Earl View Post
    Kramer had once worked at a bagel cafe. He stated that the employees had walked out on strike. In the episode he went back to work when the strike had ended some many years later.
    Ahh, Yes! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Earl View Post
    The Bagel Cafe will open at the corner of Covell and Kelley some time in June.
    This is the group that currently operates the Bagel Cafe on north May Ave. Should be a welcome addition to the area.
    Is this different than the Old School Bagel place, or the same place? Old School Bagels are awesome. They are the only place in town (to my knowledge) that boils their bagels before baking them. That's the way a bagel is supposed to be made, and it's also what makes a bagel authentic and taste so much better than the ones you find in most places today.

6. Default Re: Bagel Cafe open in June

Quote Originally Posted by GWB View Post
    ...They are the only place in town (to my knowledge) that boils their bagels before baking them. That's the way a bagel is supposed to be made, and it's also what makes a bagel authentic and taste so much better than the ones you find in most places today.
    The best bagel place ever around here, bar none. I hope it's the same people.

Yep, it's the same people.

Apparently they are opening one up in Stillwater around the same time.

8. Default Re: Bagel Cafe open in June

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I heard that the guys who own old school bagel were the guys who originally owned new york bagel shop before they sold it and changed it to manhatten bagel. and I guess they were upset on how the new owners ran it into the ground they decided to bring back thier style again. any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but I heard that the guys who own old school bagel were the guys who originally owned new york bagel shop before they sold it and changed it to manhatten bagel. and I guess they were upset on how the new owners ran it into the ground they decided to bring back thier style again. any truth to this?
    I think you are right, not positive but I think its the same guys. Yes, there is an Old School Bagel Cafe going in Stillwater.

If I recall from my days at OSU, the original location was located in Stillwater and then they moved into the Metro. I remember the firts location being at Casady Square. Back in the days when I ate meat I loved that place. The meat was always sliced very thinly and piled very high. They also had a location in Leadership Square when I worked there in the late eighties.

The Olde School Bagel Shop sign is up. Should be open soon.

I am a former ny'er looking forward to trying them

I hope the new place decides to serve lox. Saw that Old School Bagel no longer offers it :-(. I'll pay good money for a garlic bagel, lox, and cream cheese with a pickle on the side. And a breath mint.

Other than that, this is the only place (I know of) in the metro that does bagels right (water boils). Can't wait to check out the new spot!

Heard that it's open. Anyone been by there?

Can anyone verify that it is open and where exactly is it located? I thought it was by Walgreens on Covell/Kelly, but it may be by the Sonic down the street (east).

Cheers

Went by on Sunday, still not open.

Last week I heard they were trying to open by the end of this week, maybe tomorrow. Its east of the kelly/covel intersection, in the same building as a liquor store and dentist office.

I called they are getting held up by the city of Edmond. They hope to open next Thursday.

Is it open yet?

Still being held up City Inspectors because they don't have vents above the microwaves. They are hoping to be open in another week.

Now they are saying 2 more weeks.

Still not open.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    Still not open.
    Is it open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Is it open yet?
    it wasn't open when i drove by yesterday morning...

This place is becoming the new Laredo's.

Thread Information